Status
Not open for further replies.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
While it certainly looks cool and appeals to a lot of users, I would be very hesitant to buy any product that uses a proprietary carto or an atty with limited availability.

That's just me. Things are changing at a fantastic pace in the e cig world, and it is refreshing to see tha pace of innovation.

This has been addressed on other threads, but Vapage/Cig2o is one of the largest distributors of e-cigs to the retail store market in the US. They have the Hybrid Atomizer available on their website, as well as the COV site. I'm sure more will follow soon. The Hybrid Atomizer is being used on other bottom feeder devices as well, since the new style is well suited for all bottom feeder devices with a catch cup.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
While it certainly looks cool and appeals to a lot of users, I would be very hesitant to buy any product that uses a proprietary carto or an atty with limited availability.

That's just me. Things are changing at a fantastic pace in the e cig world, and it is refreshing to see tha pace of innovation.

Hello Tonyorion! I agree with what you said, but can't help but feel that your curiosity will suddenly cause you to hit the 'submit' button on the Vapage site. ;)

I could be wrong...

Good to see you here.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
strprswpr -- I'd say you ran into a little overfeeding! You happened to draw the juice from the well when drawing.

One of my early hard things was learning how to vape with an ego & cartridge and holding the darn thing below vertical as analogs were at a different tilt. Lounging & vaping was next to impossible. Now -- no problem (with my 3 BFers). You might not even have to feed this PV at all when lounging -- just a very occasional tilt to refill the well.

Learning curves. Aaaargh!

strprswpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2011
Bronx, NY
www.nymcdesign.com
strprswpr -- I'd say you ran into a little overfeeding! You happened to draw the juice from the well when drawing.

One of my early hard things was learning how to vape with an ego & cartridge and holding the darn thing below vertical as analogs were at a different tilt. Lounging & vaping was next to impossible. Now -- no problem (with my 3 BFers). You might not even have to feed this PV at all when lounging -- just a very occasional tilt to refill the well.

Learning curves. Aaaargh!

Let me get this straight. You have a full bottle. When you tilt the bottle and squeeze the fluid get transferred to a small reservoir. Then you hold it upright and squeeze again to feed the atty. Correct? How much fluid is being transferred from the bottle to the reservoir? Once the reservoir is full how often should you be refilling it. How do you know? How many hits can you get before you have to top off the atty? I really like this thing....I just gotta fine tune the details.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
Invert the VMod & wait for the bubbles to float up. It will create a pocket of juice in the bottleneck. When you turn it back upright, squeeze the bottle & you can feel it release juice into the chamber. Do a couple of dry pulls on it & vape. The amount of juice that it holds in the bottleneck is the correct amount for the juice chamber.

strprswpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2011
Bronx, NY
www.nymcdesign.com
Invert the VMod & wait for the bubbles to float up. It will create a pocket of juice in the bottleneck. When you turn it back upright, squeeze the bottle & you can feel it release juice into the chamber. Do a couple of dry pulls on it & vape. The amount of juice that it holds in the bottleneck is the correct amount for the juice chamber.

So when you invert the bottle and wait for the bubbles.... you don't squeeze until you turn it upright again? I guess that's what I was doing wrong. Gotta try that later.

beezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2011
The VooDoo Lounge
I'm new here and to Ecigs. I read this thread and saw how many members dig the Vmod so I ordered one as well yesterday. Waiting for it to come and to get some deals on juice. I've been checking the classifieds here and am willing to try any at this point to feed the Vmod. Are there more bottles available for it or do I just fill the 2 that came with it? Do bottles that already have juice in them from a supplier work? I ordered 2 extra cartos because I see they only last 3 weeks, is this true? I also ordered the 2 hybrid attys (I think) but have no idea why so maybe someone can explain this as well.
I saw that tierrataz has alot of juice for sale so I may have to look into that.
Sorry for the long post but I really am clueless to these things and all the modifications I read about are Greek to me.

strprswpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2011
Bronx, NY
www.nymcdesign.com
If you ordered atty's you might wanna make sure you ordered the Bottom Feed ones. As far as the bottles, there will be more available soon. No juice is in the bottles when they come, so you'll have to order some. It's a great mod and the easiest bottom feed mod I've seen yet. you'll get the hang of it. We were all in your shoes once. Just ask questions.....you'll have no shortage of answers. Good Luck

MiMoSeTH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
Spain
Well, looks like i've found extra bottles for our beloved Vmod.
These 3ml bottles arrived today from TPA. Threading is obviously different, but they move in fine and stay in place. After 5 hours of regular use, the only leak happened when i took it out, and not a really a leak, just a few drops on the thread.

compbotellitas.jpg

On the left, TPA 3ml bottle with dropper and cap. Vmod included bottle on the right

vmodtpa.jpg

TPA bottle inserted in my Vmod.

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
Yes and no.

I'll tell you why not first. Build quality comes no where close to a reo, bottom line. Your not gonna be able to throw this thing across a room, drop it a lot, or run over it. How long the plastic chassis will hold up is yet to be determined. Will they offer parts like that? If they do, I would change my mind. But $60 (with current code) versus $139, well it's going to appeal to a lot of vapers there alone. It uses proprietary catos/attys which is a plus and a minus depending on your view.

Yes, I like it better than my reos because;
1- I am getting the best and most flavorful vape off the hybrid attys on this device, BAR NONE. Tried it again on a grand last night....meh. They were designed for this feed system though work well on other pvs.
2-price point
3-same mechanical operation and ability to wash out.
4-fire pin has a bigger contact surface and I find the hits off a 14500 much more satisfying.
5-just as compact as a mini, but with the rounded edges, much more comfortable to hold and operate.
6-The pairing of the vapage hybrid atty to it's native device is da BOMB!

I'd make a suggestion if you already have a BF. Get a couple of hybrid attys to try for yourself. See if you like them first. If you do, you really need to try them on the Vmod. It will knock your socks off.......nuff said.

Soooo do you like it better than the Reo?The Reo is a little pricey for me.

jude8753

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2010
PA
Quick question. Do they send an e-mail letting you know when it's shipped or does it continue to say processed until you receive it? I know it says to expect between 1 and 7 days depending where you live. I would just like to know when I should contact them to make sure it was sent. My e-mail said it was processed and would ship shortly just need to know if they send any other e-mails. Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread