Status
Not open for further replies.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
On another forum I been involved with for many years grammar nazi's pop up from time to time.

I didn't get much school due to cows needing to be milked and a future rehab to study for but in that area I am very good at what we are there to talk about.

Sometimes I'll answer somebodies question and they will attack my spelling. I'm like dude, you spent all that time in school and here we sit, me having the answer to YOUR question.

Grammar/spelling nazi's. Reason number 57 why I hate humans.

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
I'm just glad you're here, so I'm not the only language-obsessive in the bunch. :D Grammar doesn't bother me too much, but misuse of homonyms drives me right up a wall. :D And also "text-speak" -- using single letters and numerals for whole words. :facepalm:

Andria

Thank you so much for posting that Andria.:thumbs:
Homonyms, yes their a serious problem :D

I can barely watch NASCAR. :lol:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I just realized you are in La Porte, Texas. Unless there is a La Porte, Texas in Europe, I'd say we a practically Neighbors. I'm in Montgomery, Texas near Conroe. Also not in Europe....lol
Funny thing

I'm on my way back from San Antonio by way of Dallas.

Tapatyped

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Yall crackin me up!

186739003_Laughing_Smiley___gif_photo_answer_2_xlarge.png

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I'm just glad you're here, so I'm not the only language-obsessive in the bunch. :D Grammar doesn't bother me too much, but misuse of homonyms drives me right up a wall. :D And also "text-speak" -- using single letters and numerals for whole words. :facepalm:

Andria

Well I would h8 to upset u Andria so I wont do none of that stuff :D

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
I'm a bit of a spelling and grammar nazi when it counts - in my job. I sometimes cringe when I see emails other employees have sent to customers. I have a web developer I have to watch because spelling isn't her strongest skill. The worst was a new sales guy who decided to tell my boss that I had misspelled cds (plural for disks) on our website. He insisted it was cd's. I made him look like an idiot (unintentionally, but that's how it ended up.) He never said another word about anything on any of my websites.

Casual chat? Who cares if the spelling and grammar are wrong! As long as we can understand each other, right?

Although I have to agree with Andria about the homonyms... mostly because it's gotten so bad that I see it wrong FAR more often than right and I'm worried it will infect my brain!!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I'm a bit of a spelling and grammar nazi when it counts - in my job. I sometimes cringe when I see emails other employees have sent to customers. I have a web developer I have to watch because spelling isn't her strongest skill. The worst was a new sales guy who decided to tell my boss that I had misspelled cds (plural for disks) on our website. He insisted it was cd's. I made him look like an idiot (unintentionally, but that's how it ended up.) He never said another word about anything on any of my websites.

Casual chat? Who cares if the spelling and grammar are wrong! As long as we can understand each other, right?

Although I have to agree with Andria about the homonyms... mostly because it's gotten so bad that I see it wrong FAR more often than right and I'm worried it will infect my brain!!

My fingers can't tell the difference... many of my typos that I have to correct are of that sort -- for some reason, my fingers will type "too" regardless of which of the 3 I actually mean. :D And far too often, I have to go back and correct "there" to one of the other versions. :D

Andria

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada

Andria

IDK, your maybe to critical, every won hear does a pretty good job of righting...:lol::lol::evil:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
@MikeyConti If you are looking at the FeV V3 be sure to pick up a glass tank for it as well, make it look a little less like an air hose coupling and more like an RTA. ;)

FC has these kits and they come with a spare tank, the glass is really nice on them with smooth round edges.
Satburn22 & FeV V3.jpg

QU1T

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
Benelux
@MikeyConti If you are looking at the FeV V3 be sure to pick up a glass tank for it as well, make it look a little less like an air hose coupling and more like an RTA. ;)

FC has these kits and they come with a spare tank, the glass is really nice on them with smooth round edges.
View attachment 484145

How do you rate that Sat22?, I was contemplating purchasing one a while back, heard they are finicky though?

Slightly more "on topic" being an Expat for the past 20 years or so, has ruined my English, but I can at least speak 4 (not write) languages now!

(reason for edit and info, I am future proofing any typo's I make)

Last edited:

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
IDK, your maybe to critical, every won hear does a pretty good job of righting...:lol::lol::evil:
I try not to be too .... about those kind of things, though I may occasionally throw sample bottles at the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread