The Womper Woom OR You Might Be A Modwomper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I've been doing some maths today and have come up with something for modwomping. This is the most efficient coil design for medium to high power vaping I believe is possible. Low center mass so it will heat up and cool down fast. Highest surface area to mass with useful stiffness.

image.jpg

mm scale

Flat triple parellel 28awg 7:8 wrap (21 total) 2.3mm 0.5 ohm

take 110W and hit 181 mW/mm^2

Two of these should take 200W and give a warm vape.

Last edited:

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
@Boden so make a triple parallel coil then twist the ends together to keep it secure?
Yup. The diameter doesn't really matter, you could do a 3mm 6wrap (18 total) as well.

The key is 28awg in triple or quad flat parellel depending on the resistance range and voltage output of a regulated mod.

Last edited:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Yup. The diameter doesn't really matter, you could do a 3mm 6wrap (18 total) as well.

The key is 28awg in triple or quad flat parellel depending on the resistance range and voltage output of a regulated mod.
Okay, what about for a single 18650 mech?

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
My math was way off I have to redo the resistance above!!

For a mech. 28awg triple flat, 3mm 5:6 wrap should be close to 0.4 ohm 40W 197mW/mm^2 at 4V. Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

On what topper? Wattage target?
It did sound a bit off, but not an ID I'm used to, and I wasn't looking at the numbers that closely.

As for my target, right now it will be a single coil in a velocity. Not sure about target wattage but I prefer just a slightly warm vape.

Reactions: TrollDragon

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
It did sound a bit off, but not an ID I'm used to, and I wasn't looking at the numbers that closely.

As for my target, right now it will be a single coil in a velocity. Not sure about target wattage but I prefer just a slightly warm vape.
Okay :) my physics math was correct I was just calculating the resistance wrong. I like easy to fix mistakes.

Same triple flat 28awg 2.5mm ID 8:7 wrap.
Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread