The Womper Woom OR You Might Be A Modwomper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
So far I like the STM with the 1.2 vertical coil better than the Lemo2. But it has a 1.5 coil will recoil it and see how that turns out.
No wicking or other issues with the Lemo just not as good of a flavor but that may be the higher ohm coil.
It appears that the Lemo came with a .5 coil in it. Just set that one aside for now....

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
You know, TrollDragon, Rich suggested I try filling from the bottom, but the glass sits in there so loosely without the bottom piece on, I was worried I'd spill the juice out when I tried to put the bottom back on, but if I'm very careful, and keep it pressed down (and hold my tongue JUST SO...) that would probably work. Thanks!

I didn't have to soak the thing at all, it turns out. At least not today. I took it out of the box, went to unscrew the top, and the damned thing just slid open. I was yelling at it, "WTH? You stupid SOB, you made my CRY yesterday and now, NOW, you just slide OPEN?????" And to be sure it was free, I turned it back and forth, open and closed, open and closed, and it's not stuck AT ALL. I could probably BLOW hard on it and it would slide open now. No, I'm NOT going to blow on it again! :p

I have no idea what I was doing wrong before, if I was doing ANYTHING wrong, or if this thing just has a mischievous streak in it. Or maybe the vodka soak and hot water actually did something, but it had to completely dry out first. Maybe it set up a vacuum between the layers or something. That seems like the most logical explanation.

Obviously this tank has some quirks, which I'll have to figure out as I go... but at least now I'm back in business. I just wanted to let you know it was fine now. I'm glad I didn't throw it out the window yesterday! :lol: (I wouldn't REALLY have thrown it out the window, but for a while, I WANTED TO. LOL!)

~Lannie
Glad to hear you got it working again! In that same thread someone mentions that washing it out with water can cause the top part to lock up. When you do wash it, make sure it is really dry afterwards.

I also use a trick that Qorax uses on his o-rings, that is a little flavorless, no shine lip balm for men from Nivea.
acbc5768669dcf6652f836f9d33cc749_ra,w403,h403_pa,w403,h403.jpeg

If you can find something like that to put on the o-rings they will com apart easier.

Qorax uses Bert's Bees, but I can't find one that is flavorless and the Nivea works good.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
I suspect witchcraft :blink:

I suspect you're right. ;)

So far I like the STM with the 1.2 vertical coil better than the Lemo2. But it has a 1.5 coil will recoil it and see how that turns out.
No wicking or other issues with the Lemo just not as good of a flavor but that may be the higher ohm coil.
It appears that the Lemo came with a .5 coil in it. Just set that one aside for now....

And here I'm thinking that Lemo 2 has so much flavor. One of these days, when I've worked myself up the vaping ladder a bit higher, I'll probably find some tank that will send me to Vaping Nirvana. Right now, the Lemo is the best tank I have for flavor, but it wasn't even ON the list of best flavor tanks (I forgot who posted that already). So I guess I have quite a way to go up that ladder yet. :) The journey's fun, though!

I make my own lip balm, with just olive oil and beeswax, with a little sweet orange oil in it, so I guess I could use that and not have to spend money on Burt's Bees stuff. ;) Or I could just make some with no flavor and keep it for the tank, OR I could ask Rich to grab a tube of that silicone grease next time he goes to "town." For just in case. For now, I'll be more careful in my filling (some of my dropper tips in the 2 oz bottles are kinda big and they don't fit in the hole), and if I DO have to wash it, I'll be sure and let it dry for a day or two before I try horking that thing open again. Sheesh... :oops:

~Lannie

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Wait, put the lip balm on the what? The O-rings? Are there o-rings inside the top, where the two parts slide against each other? How would they fit in there? Or are you talking about the O-ring on the base of the top piece that the tank rests against when it's assembled? The O-ring wasn't the problem, it was the slidey part. OMG, I wish I knew all the right WORDS for things! Just come over. I'll show you. :)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I suspect you're right. ;)

And here I'm thinking that Lemo 2 has so much flavor. One of these days, when I've worked myself up the vaping ladder a bit higher, I'll probably find some tank that will send me to Vaping Nirvana. Right now, the Lemo is the best tank I have for flavor, but it wasn't even ON the list of best flavor tanks (I forgot who posted that already). So I guess I have quite a way to go up that ladder yet. :) The journey's fun, though!

I make my own lip balm, with just olive oil and beeswax, with a little sweet orange oil in it, so I guess I could use that and not have to spend money on Burt's Bees stuff. ;) Or I could just make some with no flavor and keep it for the tank, OR I could ask Rich to grab a tube of that silicone grease next time he goes to "town." For just in case. For now, I'll be more careful in my filling (some of my dropper tips in the 2 oz bottles are kinda big and they don't fit in the hole), and if I DO have to wash it, I'll be sure and let it dry for a day or two before I try horking that thing open again. Sheesh... :oops:

~Lannie
I am just beginning with the Lemo2. It might shine better if I up the wattage or drop the resistance a bit.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Wait, put the lip balm on the what? The O-rings? Are there o-rings inside the top, where the two parts slide against each other? How would they fit in there? Or are you talking about the O-ring on the base of the top piece that the tank rests against when it's assembled? The O-ring wasn't the problem, it was the slidey part. OMG, I wish I knew all the right WORDS for things! Just come over. I'll show you. :)
There is an o-ring around the fill opening between the inner and outer shells.
It is likely what is causing your difficulty. It fits down in a groove.
Or at least that is how it appears to me. I have not taken the top part apart yet.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The proper positioning of the tongue is the most important part.

That's so true. I learned that from my daddy at a very early age. When I was a tiny tyke, he was a draftsman, and I'd watch him bent over his drafting table, drawing (there were no computers back then) plans for apartment buildings and such, and he always had his tongue sticking out the corner of his mouth. If he didn't, he couldn't get the drawing right! :lol:

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
There is an o-ring around the fill opening between the inner and outer shells.
It is likely what is causing your difficulty.

Seriously? I never saw it. I'll have to go look, but there doesn't seem to be anything at all between the inner and outer shells. An O-ring would just get pushed to the side when the outer shell (thank you for that, by the way, now I don't have to say "slidey thing") was turned, wouldn't it? Or am I misunderstanding what you're trying to explain? There's an O-ring at the base of the top, where the glass rests when it's put together, but that's the only one I can see up there above the glass.

~Lannie

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
And yeah, I have a .6-something ohm coil in mine, running it between 25 and 30 watts. *I* think it gives great flavor, but I hardly have any experience yet, so you shouldn't necessarily listen to me. ;)
I took the .5 or .6 whatever coil out and put a 1.5 28 ga coil in it.
I am not ready yet for a .5 coil.
I am making a cautious journey towards the dark side ;)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Seriously? I never saw it. I'll have to go look, but there doesn't seem to be anything at all between the inner and outer shells. An O-ring would just get pushed to the side when the outer shell (thank you for that, by the way, now I don't have to say "slidey thing") was turned, wouldn't it? Or am I misunderstanding what you're trying to explain? There's an O-ring at the base of the top, where the glass rests when it's put together, but that's the only one I can see up there above the glass.

~Lannie
look as it opens I see something maybe a silicone gasket/O-ring in there running vertical on the left side of the opening as you face the opening.
Not sure yet how to get the top apart, need to check out some vids on it.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
My bad, I just had a look at the Lemo 2 exploded view and I guess the top cap does not come apart.
From what I read, if you have the top cap screwed down too tight the fill part will not turn. The lip balm would give no help for the Lemo 2.

Sorry.
If the Portable Gate was working I would come over and have a look, but I have used up all the Naquadah for the generator and it won't run... ;)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
My bad, I just had a look at the Lemo 2 exploded view and I guess the top cap does not come apart.
From what I read, if you have the top cap screwed down too tight the fill part will not turn. The lip balm would give no help for the Lemo 2.

Sorry.
If the Portable Gate was working I would come over and have a look, but I have used up all the Naquadah for the generator and it won't run... ;)
Yep from my research the topcap does not come apart. but it does have a little seal thingy in there so when it goes bad....

Think I will just get another STM.
Simple and work well.

I always considered myself a tootle puffer, always prioritizing flavors over anything else... until I realized legit tootle puffers don't subohm in mech mods. I love making twisted and parallel coils, checking voltages and resistances, maintaining batteries, RDAs and mech mods, and anything nerdy about vaping. However, I never really cared about blowing clouds and kinda really hate the cloud-chaser hype since many people without proper knowledge thinks it's cool and just go for it until something goes wrong, which news media loves to feed upon for negative propaganda. And unnecessary amount of fog just makes other non-vaping people and smoke alarms uncomfortable. So yep, I guess I'm a modwomper.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Yep from my research the topcap does not come apart. but it does have a little seal thingy in there so when it goes bad....

Think I will just get another STM.
Simple and work well.

The top cap will come apart, ya just need a bigger hammer. :D

Getting it back together is another story :pervy:

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I always considered myself a tootle puffer, always prioritizing flavors over anything else... until I realized legit tootle puffers don't subohm in mech mods. I love making twisted and parallel coils, checking voltages and resistances, maintaining batteries, RDAs and mech mods, and anything nerdy about vaping. However, I never really cared about blowing clouds and kinda really hate the cloud-chaser hype since many people without proper knowledge thinks it's cool and just go for it until something goes wrong, which news media loves to feed upon for negative propaganda. And unnecessary amount of fog just makes other non-vaping people and smoke alarms uncomfortable. So yep, I guess I'm a modwomper.

Welcome to the club!

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
look as it opens I see something maybe a silicone gasket/O-ring in there running vertical on the left side of the opening as you face the opening.
Not sure yet how to get the top apart, need to check out some vids on it.

Yes, I see the vertical silicone "whatever" in there to the left of the hole if the tank is upright. But it's straight and didn't look like an "O" at all. I don't know what it is, but maybe it's supposed to keep juice from leaking out between the shells when the fill hole is closed. Dunno...

Sorry.

I'll pay attention to how tightly the top cap is screwed down and how easily the ring turns. That might be the key.

And what a bummer the gate's not workin' right now. You should get a battery powered one, so you don't have to depend on Naquadah (whatever THAT is! LOL!).

~Lannie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread