The Womper Woom OR You Might Be A Modwomper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Keep a light on or the Grues will get you with their slavering fangs.

Last ones I played were the Wing commander series and Flight Simulator. Shucks that dates me really bad. But I was playng moon lander on an HP mini computer in 76? I also wrote a Star Trek Game for the Mini.
The Mini had an entire 8K of magnetic core ram. But did have VDU's hooked to it as well as Mechanical TTY's.
I played the heck out of Scorched Earth on my IBM.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
@TrollDragon how is the Fallout 4? Has it consumed you completely?
Not yet.
I've been picking away at it slowly, you can't just sit down for two hours and play Fallout 4. So I'm running through the Uncharted series, done 1 and halfway through 2.

There is just no ammo in Fallout 4, I am always out of something, got two power suits now, one needs an arm and I can't build or find stuff for that yet. Everything now wants me to go to Diamond City so that must be the major center of all things useful. I just don't want to jump there yet as there is still parts of Zone 1 I need to explore. I imagine once I fall in with the Brotherhood of Steele things will get better.

Just looked at the Fallout4 Google Map and Diamond City is a fair ways into it and there is lots of stuff I need to pick up just in my area.

Huge game is Huge! :thumbs:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
So who games here except for Troll? - and more importantly, who is on the mother of all FPS consoles, XBOX, not that other traitor shizzle Troll is on - Noobstation 4.
It was either upgrade the old box to current standards or pick up a console, not being a fan of all things Microsoft, the PS4 was the logical choice! :p

I would have needed a MB, Ram, CPU & Video Card to upgrade my box and were talking over $1000 there just in guts alone. :thumb:

QU1T

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
Benelux
It was either upgrade the old box to current standards or pick up a console, not being a fan of all things Microsoft, the PS4 was the logical choice! :p

I would have needed a MB, Ram, CPU & Video Card to upgrade my box and were talking over $1000 there just in guts alone. :thumb:

I do own a few beast PC's for work, but idd, the GFX are my bottlenecks and well, I don't feel like spending 400EUR on just a card when I can be a bit more social and casual on a console...
You know I am only pulling your leg though!, if you enjoy the Nabstation, that's all that matters, just a shame we won't be able to hook and in turn me enjoying battering you! ;)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Good to know guys, there I was thinking you were all older ... judging by musical tastes :p

PS. when I get round to actually playing something non Gears of war related, I am gonna hit you all up for your gaming ID's!
I started gaming on the Apple ][+, IIe and IIc with a Vic 20 and Commodore 64 in the mix. Then the Atari ST came along and finally the PC.

I had a beta copy of Doom back in the day that I brought to work and it brought the IPX network to a crawl. :shock:

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
My first computer was a Tandy. No monitor, just a keyboard with connectors in the back to plug everything in. I bought a cassette player and the magnetic cassette tapes to store info. Had to write your own programs. I think I made about 5 games total and that took forever! Hated when you thought you wrote everything correct and went to play the game only to find out you left something out or didn't space it correctly! Man that sucked!!!

Romano Cheese

Master Mod Womper
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Not yet.
I've been picking away at it slowly, you can't just sit down for two hours and play Fallout 4. So I'm running through the Uncharted series, done 1 and halfway through 2.

There is just no ammo in Fallout 4, I am always out of something, got two power suits now, one needs an arm and I can't build or find stuff for that yet. Everything now wants me to go to Diamond City so that must be the major center of all things useful. I just don't want to jump there yet as there is still parts of Zone 1 I need to explore. I imagine once I fall in with the Brotherhood of Steele things will get better.

Just looked at the Fallout4 Google Map and Diamond City is a fair ways into it and there is lots of stuff I need to pick up just in my area.

Huge game is Huge! :thumbs:

It's a fantastic game. I'm always out of 10mm ammo because I sneak around with my suppressor silently taking out raider scum. Getting to Diamond City is a bit of a pain because there is no path without a ton of Raiders, Gunners and Super Mutants. I finished it once on my first character, then I made a second one.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I do own a few beast PC's for work, but idd, the GFX are my bottlenecks and well, I don't feel like spending 400EUR on just a card when I can be a bit more social and casual on a console...
You know I am only pulling your leg though!, if you enjoy the Nabstation, that's all that matters, just a shame we won't be able to hook and in turn me enjoying battering you! ;)
All in good fun man, All in good fun!

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Sometimes in the 70's or 80's I was in town and seen a Pacman machine.

I remember I did play it but do not recall if I liked it or not.

That would be the first, and last, game I ever played.

So by that standard I guess I am a gamer too.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
My first computer was a Tandy. No monitor, just a keyboard with connectors in the back to plug everything in. I bought a cassette player and the magnetic cassette tapes to store info. Had to write your own programs. I think I made about 5 games total and that took forever! Hated when you thought you wrote everything correct and went to play the game only to find out you left something out or didn't space it correctly! Man that sucked!!!
Programming is in the details :)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
In other news, the mailman must have known I was on to his schemes. He showed up and delivered the Aromamizer. So I'll be back in a while after it is coiled, wicked and ready to rip :)
My mailman still has not showed up and MFS says my VTC mini is out for delivery :w00t:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
It's a fantastic game. I'm always out of 10mm ammo because I sneak around with my suppressor silently taking out raider scum. Getting to Diamond City is a bit of a pain because there is no path without a ton of Raiders, Gunners and Super Mutants. I finished it once on my first character, then I made a second one.
Too Fine!
There is just so much to explore and get.

On a side note I am picking up the PS4 Camera tonight so the Grandson can check out the Playroom App when he comes down for the holidays. I need a decent Headset as well and the PDP Afterglow Kral is on for Cyber Monday as well as the Camera. It's not the best of headsets but they say the mic is good and I don't want to spend $400 on a Astro A50-Gen2. If I was going to spend $400 on headphones then there would be another pair of planar magnetic's such as the Oppo PM-3's. I have always wanted a pair of Sennheiser HD600's or AKG K712's as well, just too many choices in the sub $1000 price point.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
I was a founding gamer. Started on Atari 2600 and Commodore Vic20 into official gaming.
Pong! How cool it was!
i worked for Atari in '72. All or most of the Pongs that were ever built had my paws on them in one way or another.

the first pure computer game i remember playing was the old Dungeon on my ASCII terminal connected to a PDP-10 somewhere on my 110 baud modem.

Good times! :)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
In the Game Space Quest you had to go to Radio Shock and buy a Dandy Computer to get past one puzzle.

Romano Cheese

Master Mod Womper
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
My mailman still has not showed up and MFS says my VTC mini is out for delivery :w00t:

He's probably in collusion with my mailman to steal all the holiday vape mail...they probably hang out together and watch RipTrippers religiously too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread