Status
Not open for further replies.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
Well went subohm on the Lemo2. .52 factory coil. 18 watts. Above that my CAP Vanilla custard starts tasting different.

@Boden Keep the power settings in mind when you try the CAP Vanilla Custard the flavor changes with the watttage. Try at a lower wattage first then see how it goes from there.

You GO, boy! (Can't say, "You GO, girl!")

I think you're actually worse than me when it comes to digging in your heels! ;) I actually think all my flavors taste better with the sub-ohm coils than in the protank types. I haven't used version 1 custard, though. The only flavor that I've used so far that actually tastes better at lower watts (to me) is Mt. Baker's German Chocolate Beefcake. I can taste the coconut frosting and the cake at low watts, but at higher watts, it's just "vaguely sweet," and the frosting taste is gone completely. And to be honest, a lot of the juice I've made in the last month I haven't even tried in my Protanks yet, so how can I compare THOSE flavors? I guess I can't. Shutting up now. :oops:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Can you still flip the screen around by holding both the + & - buttons with it off?

Pressing the power button 10 times will give you the board temperature and 20 times will give you the firmware version number.
Yep. I updated to the latest software first thing on it since I did not see 'AMP' on there. Worked slick.

Also it maxed out at 60 watts when I first got it.

QU1T

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
Benelux
It's a song dude relax.

I'm about 90% body fat myself.

But I can bench press the TV remote and its unusually large.

This thread has gone in to meltdown again - luv it! :D

Bruv!, you did ask for it though! ("entertain me")
And yes, I am looking for a big teddy bear, are you hairy also?... OK I'll stop now :p

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Sooooooooo

I'm in Utica and close to a shop that said they were getting the radius.

Should I stop or should I go??

Retail on that unit has to be 300 bucks
Really? 300 bones on a 40W box?
You could probably get a pair of Lavabox's for that and have much more functionality.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
How are you guys getting good mileage out of the KBOX?

I've got two of them on a shelf because the 510 connectors went wonky on both. I switched over to a mech because of this.

Can they be fixed? I put in new insulators and they last a little while.
Never had a problem either, if mine does go for a dump I'll put a FDV 510 in, or follow this guys fix.
510 short (fail to fire) fix: FastTech Forums

Romano Cheese

Master Mod Womper
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Wow Kanger is even joining the "topfill" market
zUXJONN.jpg

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
This thread has gone in to meltdown again - luv it! :D

Bruv!, you did ask for it though! ("entertain me")
And yes, I am looking for a big teddy bear, are you hairy also?... OK I'll stop now :p

I'm not but I am willing to learn…

Now I gotta go watch Strips.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Really? 300 bones on a 40W box?
You could probably get a pair of Lavabox's for that and have much more functionality.

I'm guess 300 as they didn't have any yet as of Friday.

The profit on those things has to be off the charts. 10 chipset and a 5 dollar battery from China. Hire a dozen single mothers to assemble them with some bits of plastic and call in the fan boi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread