The Womper Woom OR You Might Be A Modwomper

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
My coil on a subtank mini is .05 and its vaping perfectly :) I dont like a hot vape but a nice warm vape.
Your talking about a Nickle coil yes?

I've seen some locals fire off 0.06 ohm Kanthal builds. Those coils are pulling 70A and 300W... Some of the crazies were going for a 0.04 ohm build. I left before I got sprayed with hot metal or face/hand pieces. :eek:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Thanks for being kind, folks. Last summer I started a thread about helping my cousin with using an e cig, and some people were pretty awful :( Some thought I wasn't being serious, or making fun of her when I said she was intellectually disabled :mad: And of course some made fun of her about that. They are people, too. She has jobs, a boyfriend, thoughts and feelings, and she likes beer and cigarettes :). And apparently isticks.
We tend to be a pretty good bunch around here. Or try to be anyway ;)

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States

I've seen some locals fire off 0.06 ohm Kanthal builds. Those coils are pulling 70A and 300W... Some of the crazies were going for a 0.04 ohm build. I left before I got sprayed with hot metal or face/hand pieces. :eek:

Yep, nickel build. Dont know how I ever did it without temp control!!!

Reactions: TrollDragon

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com

.06? Jeez what is that like half a wrap??

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014

My crystal ball shows welding transformers as the next big thing.

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Austin, TX

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for being kind, folks. Last summer I started a thread about helping my cousin with using an e cig, and some people were pretty awful :( Some thought I wasn't being serious, or making fun of her when I said she was intellectually disabled :mad: And of course some made fun of her about that. They are people, too. She has jobs, a boyfriend, thoughts and feelings, and she likes beer and cigarettes :). And apparently isticks.

I have no tolerance for that kind of discrimination Roxy. Being a discriminating person is a good thing and if someone isn't they will probably have a harder life than they could have had. I like to think I'm a discriminating shopper, that I discriminate when I look for work and when I make a new friend, you get the idea. But to discriminate based on prejudice and bias based on ignorance is not moral or ethical.

I hope it works out well for your cousin. Heck, if she likes beer, cigarettes and iSticks she's already pretty cool IMO ;)

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
I have a .2 dual in the Silverplay... :)
I've been runnin a .2 dual in the Marquis. :) It's nice. I've been playin with coils in the ST Mini and I think I've got the right one for me finally. .45 ohm Great flavor and fires quick
Twisted coil Kanthal 004 (400x300) (400x300) (3).jpg

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Thats cool Roxy, I try to get along with everyone and be understanding. Its like I told my missus once, "hun, your intellectual abilities isnt why I keep you around."

Do you know a cast iron skillet hurts like a son of a gun when it hits ya in mid back between the shoulder blades?

My wife claims I'm too logical chopdoc. I once answered yes when she asked me if a pair of pants made her .... look big. She didn't react well. I tried to tell her I didn't say she had a big ...., I just answered her question as she asked it and it was all about those damned pants.

It's a good thing she's not all that good at throwing knives, but it could also have been that I'm pretty quick on my feet for a big guy :blink:

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I've been runnin a .2 dual in the Marquis. :) It's nice. I've been playin with coils in the ST Mini and I think I've got the right one for me finally. .45 ohm Great flavor and fires quick
View attachment 469383

Running kanthal, I found around a .5 build was perfect for the STM. Set it at 20 watts and it gave a pleasant vape all day.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
My wife claims I'm too logical chopdoc. I once answered yes when she asked me if a pair of pants made her .... look big. She didn't react well. I tried to tell her I didn't say she had a big ...., I just answered her question as she asked it and it was all about those damned pants.

It's a good thing she's not all that good at throwing knives, but it could also have been that I'm pretty quick on my feet for a big guy :blink:

Mine stays upset at me. She hates my philosophy on life. I always believed it was far easier to get forgiveness than permission, and what she doesn't know wont hurt me. :w00t:

I bought an airplane in 2009. She still doesn't know about it! lol

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Running kanthal, I found around a .5 build was perfect for the STM. Set it at 20 watts and it gave a pleasant vape all day.
I've got this one at 22 on an SX Mini and it's perfect. I do think I'm gonna open the juice channels a bit though but it wicks pretty good as it is. OCD I guess :)

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I've got this one at 22 on an SX Mini and it's perfect. I do think I'm gonna open the juice channels a bit though but it wicks pretty good as it is. OCD I guess :)

I took my rba decks and used a cutting wheel on a dremel to deepen and widen the juice channels, then I took a drill the same size as the openings on the OCC coils and drilled holes in line with the coils. It feeds great now and doesn't leak when wicked properly. All three of my STM's was modded the same way.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Mine stays upset at me. She hates my philosophy on life. I always believed it was far easier to get forgiveness than permission, and what she doesn't know wont hurt me. :w00t:

I bought an airplane in 2009. She still doesn't know about it! lol

Man, you are playing with fire :evil::D Yeah, I would kill my husband if he bought a plane and didn't tell me :shock:

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Man, you are playing with fire :evil::D Yeah, I would kill my husband if he bought a plane and didn't tell me :shock:

I keep telling her one of these days I am gonna buy one and not tell her until I already bought it. After telling her this the last 6 years she has gone from "like hell you will" to "you better not" and now "well see" so she is almost ready to spring it on her LOL

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
I took my rba decks and used a cutting wheel on a dremel to deepen and widen the juice channels, then I took a drill the same size as the openings on the OCC coils and drilled holes in line with the coils. It feeds great now and doesn't leak when wicked properly. All three of my STM's was modded the same way.
I thought about drillin too but after the juice got low, I might hit it too hard and it wouldn't keep up..:)

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I thought about drillin too but after the juice got low, I might hit it too hard and it wouldn't keep up..:)

The do have the new RBA decks out that already have the holes drilled in them. I ordered a 5 pack off Ebay last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread