Thinking about getting a zmax from my local vapor store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvatore.95

Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Maryland
I've been vaping for about two months, I have an ego variable and a v2. i'm seriously considering getting a Zmax, do you think it is worth it? when I do get it does anyone have suggestions on good tank pairings with the Zmax? any input would be really appreciated. here is the link to the shop website. Zmax E-Cig Kit Thanks in advance!

stillnotsmoking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
GA, USA
Not to knock the ZMAX as it seems like a great device, but I much prefer my eVic to my ZMAX. The 33hz PWM chip in the ZMAX really throws off my vape, and the thing is so heavy it literally pulls my pants down if its in my pocket. Other than that it has nice build quality and the menu is easy enough to navigate.

Are ssvape.com local to you? I'd personally order from varitube (which is where I ordered mine from) the kit is on sale currently for $84.95 instead of the $129 you posted. As well as the standard v2 stainless (18650) they also offer a mini (18350) version, and a flat top or slant top telescoping version on their site (capable of using 18350/490/500/650 batteries). They also offer a no-hassle 90 day warranty on the device. Varitube are some good guys to deal with, IMO.

Zmax - Sigelei

Last edited:

stillnotsmoking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
GA, USA
The varitube kit at $85 also comes with batteries, charger, extension cap and clearo. I personally don't think the zmax is a $130 device--you're nearly in Provari territory at that price, but if they offer a lifetime warranty then it doesn't seem like a bad deal--my first one failed within 5 days of owning it.

Anyway, what kind of tanks? Cartomizer tanks? Personally I LOVE the JTank that electronicstix.com sells. I'm currently using a Boge F16 cartotank with F16 cartos and it's a great vape although at 1/3 the price of a jtank I don't expect it to last as long.

I just picked up a Zmax and its a good piece. I also have the eVic . The eVic has a slight delay(1/2 sec or so) delay between firing and heating which takes some geting use to and the Zmax is instant. The Evic is much easier to adjust up or down, but after a few days of use the Zmax isn't that tought...just a slightly longer learning curve. My local B&M had them for $60 with out battery or charger, so tack o another $15-$20 for that. I have Vivi Novas and protanks ad by far the protank is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread