Status
Not open for further replies.

Cam775

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
Nevada
Revealed: Big tobacco and the corruption of the TPD

For anyone who doesn't think BT is behind these regs. I think you can find the BBC TV Special about this online.

It couldn't come at a better time for vaping, hopefully BT and the politicians they bribe are feeling the eyes of the world upon them.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Of course, Big tobacco is the obvious choice to pin all the shenanigans on; but here in the States, Big Pharma and our state and federal governments are alarmed by their reduced income stream from us not smoking.

Pharma because of the reduced useage of their ineffective NRT's but more they must be aware that those who vape need their drugs for certain illnesses exacerbated or caused by smoking a whole lot less IF any.

Our "concerned about our health" politicans that run our local, state and federal governments are going to miss their "contributions" from the drug and tobacco companies if those very same companies' "bottom line" don't improve. Don't forget about the MSA monies and the excise (sin) tax that go directly into the state's and fed's treasury for making absolutely nothing. Just think what reduced taxes do to their budgets!

I forgot about all the people who work for the "health" and "smoking cessation" organizations that thrive largely from donations from the pharmaceuticals. Where are those people going to work? Where is our Mechanical Engineer Glantz going to get his research funds?

Generally most people do not know just how much business other than tobacco depends upon smoking people.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Revealed: Big tobacco and the corruption of the TPD

For anyone who doesn't think BT is behind these regs. I think you can find the BBC TV Special about this online.

It couldn't come at a better time for vaping, hopefully BT and the politicians they bribe are feeling the eyes of the world upon them.

For bribes to work there has to be a corrupt gov't official to take them, or perhaps even make them a requirement to change gov't policy.

Locally, I had a friend who ran a church bingo game. The health officials kept shutting him down. One of the health officials had his own bingo game going. My friend kept complying and they kept shutting him down. He inquired about it and they told him to contact a State Senator. So he did - told him the situation and he thought that handled it. It didn't - still getting shut down. My friend told the person who sent him to the Senator - that he saw the Senator and explained what was happening. The guy said: "Well did you leave a contribution to his campaign?" My friend was a bit naïve, I guess - said "No", and the response was basically - well D'uh? So my friend gave a contribution and there has been no problem with his bingo game since.

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego
For bribes to work there has to be a corrupt gov't official to take them, or perhaps even make them a requirement to change gov't policy.

Locally, I had a friend who ran a church bingo game. The health officials kept shutting him down. One of the health officials had his own bingo game going. My friend kept complying and they kept shutting him down. He inquired about it and they told him to contact a State Senator. So he did - told him the situation and he thought that handled it. It didn't - still getting shut down. My friend told the person who sent him to the Senator - that he saw the Senator and explained what was happening. The guy said: "Well did you leave a contribution to his campaign?" My friend was a bit naïve, I guess - said "No", and the response was basically - well D'uh? So my friend gave a contribution and there has been no problem with his bingo game since.
A fine example of POWER CORRUPTS!

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Love these stories :) Reminds me of my uncle Vinnie's fav advice to me when I was younger. He even had it printed on the reverse side of his business card.

If you're not at the table, you're on the menu. - Michael Enzi

:)

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Dropping this in here in case anyone is interested: E-Cigarette Summit Videos

SJ did a fine job gathering and posting the slides :)

I agree with Dr. Hayek. I think in time we'll come to realize just how non-addictive a moderate intake of nicotine really is. And that just blows the regulatory fools right out of the water.

Good luck all and Happy Holidays.

:)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
According to news just released by The American Vaping Association that "similar language" will not be included in the Fiscal Year 2016 omnibus appropriations bill.

Omnibus Bill Will Protect Cigarette Markets & Harm Public Health
Congress squanders the opportunity to save tens of thousands of American jobs

News - The American Vaping Association

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
From the AVA article:

“Make no mistake about it — the fight to save vaping in the United States has only just begun. Vapers, small business owners, and sensible public health advocates need to make their voices heard even louder in 2016,” said Conley.

Oh, so now it's we need to be louder. Cause I recall at least 2 campaigns on this from pro-vaping perspective and nary a whisper of a response from TPTB.

I think they'll pay attention to a black market, and to the degree they don't, all the better for vapers and small business owners who care about public health.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010