FDA US House Appropriations Cmte bill would prevent FDA from banning e-cigs now on the market

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
What would be the reason for this 30 day rush?

IMHO, it's "political postering" to enhance certain bloviators "image" in their own twisted view. Other letters to the FDA and HHS have advocated an acceleration of the deeming to the final rule. Hurry up and protect the children fast which does have traction in some circles but I would never consider it to be reality. History has showen that these types of hurry up already just don't work with the FDA/HHS.

Matter of fact, it's been about 4 months and still no specific names/nomination for Commissioner of the FDA. Hamburger resigned in 3/15.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: nicnik

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I’m not sure what happened in the Senate. You would think the Democrats were still in charge.
From what I can tell, the majority of Republican lawmakers nationwide have yet to be won over. They like the corrupt money they get, too.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
From what I can tell, the majority of Republican lawmakers nationwide have yet to be won over. They like the corrupt money they get, too.

That's probably true, but at the national level, it’s usually the Democrats making ANTZy statements and pushing the FDA to regulate. At the state and local levels though, Republicans are often just as ANTZy as the Dems. They need that tax money.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
That's probably true, but at the national level, it’s usually the Democrats making ANTZy statements and pushing the FDA to regulate. At the state and local levels though, Republicans are often just as ANTZy as the Dems. They need that tax money.
I think the vast majority of Republicans holding national office have been silent about vaping. The moves in our direction make sense coming from the House, in which all seats are voted on every two years. And yeah, unbelievable what clowns some of the Senate Democrats have been over the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread