US House Appropriations Cmte bill would prevent FDA from banning e-cigs now on the market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Absolutely.
Just because the reply is boilerplate doesn't mean your voice wasn't heard.
:)

We've discussed this before - on how reps consider emails/mail/basic responses to issues. For me, my one Senator - Sherrod Brown who has signed every 'Senate Letter' sent to the FDA and to the Administration attempting to stop ecigs, there will be no estimation of support (ie one email = 100 or whatever that ratio is). For those on the fence (unlike Brown who has jumped over it with glee), that calculation could be operative or even significant. For those who need more info before making a decision - the links we give in our emails can be of help - also to those who are against regulation and need more ammo, even though their replies would rarely belie those intents, although a few rare ones have.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I wouldn't even bother contacting Sherrod Brown about electronic cigarettes at this point.
If I contacted him it would only be to tell him what I thought of him.

Yes. There's probably a good metaphor for such action but the canned responses I got was from earlier CASAA CFA's. I've passed on some CFA's and all "petitions" - waste of time at this point. I gave all the links needed for my representatives - federal, state and local - as well as certain reps from other states - Burr, Cruz, Paul, Alexander and others on certain crucial committees.

Reactions: nicnik

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
I wouldn't even bother contacting Sherrod Brown about electronic cigarettes at this point.
If I contacted him it would only be to tell him what I thought of him.

That is precisely what Brown needs to hear from many Ohio vapers and vape shop owners.
Letters to newspaper editors criticizing Brown are even more effective (and Brown's staff, like all other politicians, closely monitor newspaper editorials and LTEs).

Although we'll never convince Brown and other anti-vaping extremist legislators to support vaping, we can neutralize their opposition (as none of their constituents except the ACS, ALA, AHA staffers are thanking them for demonizing and trying ban, regulate and tax e-cigs).

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
That is precisely what Brown needs to hear from many Ohio vapers and vape shop owners.
Letters to newspaper editors criticizing Brown are even more effective (and Brown's staff, like all other politicians, closely monitor newspaper editorials and LTEs).

Although we'll never convince Brown and other anti-vaping extremist legislators to support vaping, we can neutralize their opposition (as none of their constituents except the ACS, ALA, AHA staffers are thanking them for demonizing and trying ban, regulate and tax e-cigs).
I agree.

I'm not above contacting hopeless representatives to tell them what I think of them.
Barbara Boxer's staff probably knows quite well what I think of her.
:laugh:

ringling

Unresolved Status
Aug 19, 2015
Sounds kinda funny to ask them to support an appropriations bill. I could ask them to support Tom Cole's bill
Never feel it's funny, or odd, etc to contact your reps. We have rights that we should be taking advantage of. I doubt that Big Tobacco feels funny when they are speaking to our reps with their lobbyists. I doubt the drug companies feel funny when contacting our reps either. If we don't do it, who will. Suck up that funny feeling and speak out........

Last edited:

ringling

Unresolved Status
Aug 19, 2015
they finally realize the 2007 cut off date will bring on the black market ... they are worried about not being able to tax that market
They better worry, it's true. Think about it, millions of vapers in this country (US). Millions of drug dealers who have no problem selling other drugs to you or your children. Why would they hesitate to sell Nicotine and/or Vape Equipment if there was a profit in it. Hey man, I got some good sh#t here, it's only slightly amber. You would think at some point they will wise up. Cause no one is gonna want the Cig-a-likes after vapeing a decent machine. People will get their stuff where need be......

Someone from Australia mentioned that customs were lax if they deemed the items were for personal use. Who knows, maybe they would do the same here in the US. Lot of variables......

ringling

Unresolved Status
Aug 19, 2015
I'm not sure that all teachers fully understand what's going on
Probably true! Teachers these days have very little control of what they teach. They are TOLD what to teach. Perhaps School should be renamed to Applied Brainwashing.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread