Vape around your children.....Yay or nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SusanK

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2011
Virginia Beach
Do you vape around your children inside, in the car, etc.....

Why or why not?

I still stick with the "I follow the rules of smoking" thing. I do vape inside, even though I didn't smoke, but not near the kids. I did at one point, and they thought the vape smelled good and asked if they could taste it. That was enough to keep me away from them with this. I even told them that when they hear us say a particular juice is "good" we mean better than smoking, but still not good. I don't want them to see this as ok....

Donzo317

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
Rochester NY
I still stick with the "I follow the rules of smoking" thing. I do vape inside, even though I didn't smoke, but not near the kids. I did at one point, and they thought the vape smelled good and asked if they could taste it. That was enough to keep me away from them with this. I even told them that when they hear us say a particular juice is "good" we mean better than smoking, but still not good. I don't want them to see this as ok....

Great point i never thought of vaping in that way.

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
yes i would and do for sure. i will say both of my children vape as well and are 20 and 23 though and the youngest quit the nasties to vape like me. i vape where i am most all of the time and if im gonna vape i dont hide it. i do have common sense and dont vape say in church or in the school i work at except in the break room while school is in session. after school is out i vape where i please. i do vape around my grand kids also. now if i was at someones house or business and they ask me not to vape i wouldnt, i may not stay long but i would follow their rules while there.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
S3anvap3s (sir or Ms.?) have no kids, but do vape around my dogs. Never smoked infront of them. Have friends with kids, parents have no issues with my vaping around them, so why should I? Kids are going to take up smoking if they want no matter what studies show, parents say etc. My family was very anti-smoking, didn't stop me from going through 2+ pad for 9 years. If vaping around them shows them a far healthier alternative to smoking while still satisfying that want, how is that a bad thing?

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
My son is 12 and yes I vape around him, in my home. I don't feel that it is a health risk to him and I know it is better for my health than smoking.....it's not a bad thing that I vape. I never smoked around him though, that I would take away from him and outside. He was aware that I was a smoker, I wasn't a closet smoker or anything, but I just wouldn't smoke next to him. If we were in the car together I wouldn't smoke in the car. Will I vape in the car with him? Yes, not chain vape as it can get foggy but I'd vape a little.

kjay

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2011
Norridgewock Maine
I have a 5 year old and I vape in my house. I dont vape in his face or anything...I mostly vape in my room but I dont hide it. He knows mommy just quit smoking and this gives mommy medicine so I wont smoke. The other day I had a craving and he overheard me telling someone about it. He came over to me (with his big beautiful eyes) and said, "Mommy you cant smoke again because then you wont be able to come near me." My heart melted and I said, "your right baby, no worries mommy is gonna stick to her fake cigarette with medicine." He hugged me tight! He motivates the crap out of me. I dont see any reason to hide what I'm doing from him.

s3anvap3s

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Loganville, GA

A very good point here. I've noticed my children getting more and more interested in what mommy and daddy are doing. My 2 and half year old boy is actually walking around with his toy thermometer in his mouth acting like he's vaping. We always store the juice securely and make sure he can never get his hands on the PV itself either. Thanks for your response!!!

s3anvap3s

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Loganville, GA
I have a 5 year old and I vape in my house. I dont vape in his face or anything...I mostly vape in my room but I dont hide it. He knows mommy just quit smoking and this gives mommy medicine so I wont smoke. The other day I had a craving and he overheard me telling someone about it. He came over to me (with his big beautiful eyes) and said, "Mommy you cant smoke again because then you wont be able to come near me." My heart melted and I said, "your right baby, no worries mommy is gonna stick to her fake cigarette with medicine." He hugged me tight! He motivates the crap out of me. I dont see any reason to hide what I'm doing from him.

How sweet! I can't think of any better motivation than that! Vape on, vaper!!!

s3anvap3s

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Loganville, GA
I don't vape around my kids. I am sure there is nothing to worry about but any amount of risk is not worth it to me. It's easy for me to go to the other room.

That response is exactly why I started this thread. I have two boys: 8 and 2 yrs old. The 8 year old is just proud that we're doing something that isn't dangerous like smoking, but my 2 yr old is mimicking the act of vaping using his toys. I haven't vaped around him since I saw him doing that but my wife says its safe right? So why shouldn't I?

To my knowledge there are no studies on "second hand vape". Has anyone read or heard anything about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread