Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Ive been geting short of breath and so been on the treadmill for the last two weeks. A slight improvement so far but I sweat an insane amount (horrible I know).
Does vaping and excessive sweating have anything to do with each other?

A major lack of activity on my part (the reason), but does vaping cause shortness of breath and/or excessive sweating in any of you?

Reactions: Nermal

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
A major lack of activity on my part (the reason), but does vaping cause shortness of breath and/or excessive sweating in any of you?

Sometimes it does cause shortness of breath for some people, including me. I tried 70pg and within less than a week, I felt like someone was sitting on my chest. Thanks to advice from ecf, I left that behind. It took at least a month till I felt recovered.

For most people, the base ratio is entirely a matter of taste and preference.

ETA: I noticed no change in sweating.

Reactions: Zutankhamun

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I can blow much bigger clouds when I vape now that my lung capacity became much bigger due to quitting smoking a while ago. My friend tries to get as much a cloud as I get out of his Goon but I explained to him that his lung capacity is half less than mine being that he still smokes and vapes.
I use a box to blow clouds[emoji16]
09385e1960af5e5e83ef4267bc163961.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
I use a box to blow clouds[emoji16]
09385e1960af5e5e83ef4267bc163961.jpg

I wasn't trying to make myself sound like a cloud chaser geek who hangs with the "cool kids" where vaping is about the largest cloud. I do tootle puff all the time besides when I am home whereas I use my Alien and Velocity V2 RDA. My build naturally is a build that gives off a "large cloud" at 65W but that is how I enjoy it. So when my friend bought the Goon he didn't know how to build coils so I built him the same build that I have in my RDA. When he saw he can't get the same size cloud he was wondering so I explained to him that he still smokes so he has a smaller lung capacity. I'm trying to bring out the health aspect of how a person's lungs heal over time via quitting cigarettes.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I do an hour and a half of yoga everyday, and have done so fairly consistently since age 18. Prior to smoking, I used to be an extreme exerciser, I ran cross country and biked, on average, about 200 miles per week, often more.

Vaping doesn't make me sweat *more* but I believe it is one symptom of quitting tobacco, so that might be your issue (though if you weren't excercising at all, kudos to you for starting, it will make your quit easier IMO as you will slowly and steadily a) feel better-- endorphins! and b) wash those toxins out of your system.) But my point is, if you've JUST started to exercise, I'm not sure the shortness of breath and/or sweating is connected to anything other than *starting* to exercise, period. Of course you are going to be short of breath. I am finding my speed/endurance other factors with yoga is greatly increased even after a few weeks not smoking, and am looking forward to mountain climbing season.....

However, if I buy a juice that makes my lungs feel heavy and/or I find gross, I tend to not use it anymore, as the main reason for vaping, for me, is to *improve* my lung health, not worsen it....

If you are concerned, you could try a different type of inhale for a bit, *only if you want to* in through your mouth, out through your nose, no lung activity. It sounds wierd, it feels weird, but you may have been a heavy enough smoker that you want to do that for awhile.... You could also try different flavorings, different PG/VG ratios, and consider wattage and other issues. I'm currently vaping some vanilla flavor, which makes me pretty hoarse, but I ran out of juice and I'm not driving at the moment due to a health... thing, and the meds I'm taking. I don't inhale that stuff as much as I might otherwise, and I don't much care for it, but I also don't want to drive to my local vape shop, and hit someone, either.

Anna

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Ive been geting short of breath and so been on the treadmill for the last two weeks. A slight improvement so far but I sweat an insane amount (horrible I know).
Does vaping and excessive sweating have anything to do with each other?

Do you think it's maybe an effect of running on the treadmill in the summer? I mean, I sweat a bit more his time of year, but I don't know UK weather well enough to correlate that or if folks use air conditioners there a lot in the summer.

Reactions: Zutankhamun

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I've got a big yard with lots of trees and rocks to maneuver around and it takes me 3 hours to mow it with a walking mower. When I smoked it took me all day in short half hour bursts with long breaks. Now I do it in one go. I do stick a vape in my pocket and hit it once in a while. After a vape I have to rest for a few minutes because it makes me hyperventilate a bit. I have COPD, though I don't run out of steam like I used to when I smoked.

Don't know about sweating, unless it's to do with vapers drinking more water.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I wasn't trying to make myself sound like a cloud chaser geek who hangs with the "cool kids" where vaping is about the largest cloud. I do tootle puff all the time besides when I am home whereas I use my Alien and Velocity V2 RDA. My build naturally is a build that gives off a "large cloud" at 65W but that is how I enjoy it. So when my friend bought the Goon he didn't know how to build coils so I built him the same build that I have in my RDA. When he saw he can't get the same size cloud he was wondering so I explained to him that he still smokes so he has a smaller lung capacity. I'm trying to bring out the health aspect of how a person's lungs heal over time via quitting cigarettes.
Roger that.[emoji106]

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
@Tonee N

Airzooka Air Cannon

A proper vape air cannon. I used one of these at a trade show. They were giving them away, and they had smoke machines, so I'd hit hard on the dripper, fill it and launch rings about 20'. You could even launch a ring that would flip a lady's skirt up.
I was told about those, I'm sure I will see one soon.[emoji2]

Reactions: stols001

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I do an hour and a half of yoga everyday, and have done so fairly consistently since age 18. Prior to smoking, I used to be an extreme exerciser, I ran cross country and biked, on average, about 200 miles per week, often more.

Vaping doesn't make me sweat *more* but I believe it is one symptom of quitting tobacco, so that might be your issue (though if you weren't excercising at all, kudos to you for starting, it will make your quit easier IMO as you will slowly and steadily a) feel better-- endorphins! and b) wash those toxins out of your system.) But my point is, if you've JUST started to exercise, I'm not sure the shortness of breath and/or sweating is connected to anything other than *starting* to exercise, period. Of course you are going to be short of breath. I am finding my speed/endurance other factors with yoga is greatly increased even after a few weeks not smoking, and am looking forward to mountain climbing season.....

However, if I buy a juice that makes my lungs feel heavy and/or I find gross, I tend to not use it anymore, as the main reason for vaping, for me, is to *improve* my lung health, not worsen it....

If you are concerned, you could try a different type of inhale for a bit, *only if you want to* in through your mouth, out through your nose, no lung activity. It sounds wierd, it feels weird, but you may have been a heavy enough smoker that you want to do that for awhile.... You could also try different flavorings, different PG/VG ratios, and consider wattage and other issues. I'm currently vaping some vanilla flavor, which makes me pretty hoarse, but I ran out of juice and I'm not driving at the moment due to a health... thing, and the meds I'm taking. I don't inhale that stuff as much as I might otherwise, and I don't much care for it, but I also don't want to drive to my local vape shop, and hit someone, either.

Anna

Thanks Anna. No, been vaping for a while now, I've done everything you've suggested and more (minus the biking, climbing and yoga ;)).
Certainly nothing to do with a cigarette free adjustment.
I go to the gym regularly but avoid cardio like the plague, aside from that I do nothing but mooch around.
It's just that Ive recently began sweating more than usual and just wondered if it is common at all. I think I need to spend more time doing cardio and I'll be fine. Thanks :thumb:

Many folks including myself have a sensitivity to Vg that causes difficulties breathing, heavy / tight chest up to a feeling of an elephant standing on chest difficult to take a breath.

Hmm, I've been using 100% vg for maybe 6 months now.
What ratio do you use to combat the sensitivity?

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread