vaping at stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Florida, where I can't leave my vape stuff in the car. I've been to Wal-Mart, the mall, and BJs since I started vaping, as well as a restaurant.

The restaurant was an obvious 'it can wait' thing, because I was eating...which satisfies my oral fixation, and smoking while eating was gross before, anyway. But I shop for a family of 8 and I can be in stores for hours on end, and I'm going to end up wanting to vape.

The real issue with vaping in public is causing a 'disturbance'.

My goal is to not cause a disturbance at whatever place I may be in, and still vape when I feel the urge. Because I know, if I let my temper/stress level/anxiety reach a breaking point that this little vape thing with the nic in it isn't going to sate me...I'll grab a cancer stick and be borked.

So, no 'cloud chasing' or whatever it is that people do at those competitions...no pulling out a 134 or vacuum cleaner mod or whatever the biggest, most intrusive thing is that people are wielding that's getting too much attention. No vaping on a crowded isle or at the check-out. And absolutely no insane flavors in my travel tank. The whole store doesn't need to smell like Super-Mega-Fruity-Licious-Vanilla-Cinnamon-Menthol-Blast.

If I am politely asked to not vape, then I'll stop. If I am approached by a mob of employees/customers with managers in tow with some spiel about safety and allergens and blah....ingblah, I'll politely exaggerate an AIDs cough at whatever perfume they're wearing, cleaner used in the store, or air freshener product I can smell. Cause, ya know, I can actually smell all that junk now. Haha.

Imo, if you're approached and asked to stop vaping then you were probably causing a disturbance. Like the guy in the movie theater who was vaping under the projector and blowing massive clouds into the projection, disturbing the entire theater.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
im from south east louisiana and alot of places went from frendly come on in to dont vape in hear any more ie walmart iv asked why they will not alow it any more and they said its a public hazord and yet they sell the cheep pos and analog whats yall vew on this

I am in SE Louisiana also and havent seen this. I can go into walmart and vape, no problems. Even vaped in Books a Million and had no problems. But I dont try to blow killer clouds either.

I vape were ever I want. Now having said that, I don't blow a cloud in any persons face. I also only take small hits. I will do what I have to, to quit smoking regular cigs. That is my goal and I refuse to let anybody stand in my way. And as a side note I have yet to be asked to stop doing it, in fact I am often asked what is it and how does it taste as well as what if any side effects there may be. I am more than happy to tell them all I know, and were to go to ask more seasoned people about it. If I am asked to please stop I will, but if they get up in my face and disrespect me by being rude, I will fire back

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I just go outside to vape like I did with a cigarette... pretty simple solution. I get my vape and nobody gets bothered. I dunno, most of us could go a couple hours without a smoke at a movie or a concert or something, I don't see why we can't put the vape down for a couple hours without going insane. Anywhere else probably will probably let you go out for a smoke. Smokers do it all the time. I figure if you can't go more than a half hour without vaping then maybe you should work on that a little bit. lol.

rednec83

Feb 3, 2015
medway,Kent,UK
My work place have just brought in a NO VAPPING policy on the premises, as an employee i wouldn't have vapped on the shop floor, but would have happily got to a staff room or out of sight just for a few puffs. Not i have to go sit outside with the smokers in our smoking shed. Iv given up smoking about 2 weeks ago, so the temptation is still lingering. It was my second day of vaping they brought this into play. So now I have to tell customers sorry we no longer alow vapes in store. It's horrible to tell them.
Oh yeah its a garden center in England. Not like a high end shop

BadTrainDriver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
Dublin, Ohio
I vape were ever I want. Now having said that, I don't blow a cloud in any persons face. I also only take small hits. I will do what I have to, to quit smoking regular cigs. That is my goal and I refuse to let anybody stand in my way. And as a side note I have yet to be asked to stop doing it, in fact I am often asked what is it and how does it taste as well as what if any side effects there may be. I am more than happy to tell them all I know, and were to go to ask more seasoned people about it. If I am asked to please stop I will, but if they get up in my face and disrespect me by being rude, I will fire back

You're "entitled" attitude is the reason that respectful vapers have a bad name, tough guy.
Thanks.

I've never even tried to vape in any business. I've always felt weird about it. I guess maybe cuz I'm used to smoking cigs and always thought about others while I did it and I treat vaping the same way. I even go as far as holding a hit in if there's little kids walking by. Even though it is just vapor and it isn't a big harm issue to anyone I don't feel entitled to pull out my mod and start blowing clouds everywhere. But to each there own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread