Travel and Vaping Vaping on an Air Plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
Akron, Ohio
Hey guys,

Me and my fiancé are planning a trip to Hawaii this winter. Its a long flight so I'm obviously going to need to have a vape on the plane. Has anyone here ever vaped on a plane before? Did you go to the bathroom to do it or did you just make huge clouds in your seat. Iv done some research about getting my mods and equipment through security but what to do when im in the air. Would it be ok to just start vaping in my seat where people can see me or should I go to the bathroom?

What about the airport?? Huge vapor clouds just wherever or should I stealth vape in the nasty bathroom.

My last question is we are taking an open door helicopter sight seeing tour on the island of Kauai. Would it be ok to vape in a helicopter? The ride is only 1 hour so I could maybe manage without it but just curious.

Thanks guys

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Ah, don't blow huge clouds either in the airport or on the plane. :facepalm: Stealth, if you must, on the plane. Airplane bathrooms have smoke detectors that could potentially go off if you blow the vape out. Maybe down your shirt. Ask the helicopter pilot if you really need to vape, but an hour is not that bad. You will be so enthralled with the scenery, you won't even really think about needing nic.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Most if not all airlines do not allow vaping on board.
Best to check with the carrier you're using, better safe than sorry.

When you smoked you didn't smoke during flights you somehow managed without.
Hopefully you're just stirring the pot and aren't serious.

Odd how the OP posted a thread about vaping indoors at work even after he was told not to by his boss, now vaping on airplanes.

Last edited:

Smokachino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Texas, USA
Unless you're looking to cause a huge ruckus on the plane to ease the boredom of a long flight, I definitely wouldn't vape openly or in the lavatory. Master the art of stealth vaping, but don't make your fellow travelers wonder when the cinnamon rolls will be served.

Check out the travel forum for more tips: Travel and E-Cig

Have a great trip!

Last edited:

newplague

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2010
Oregon
Be stealthy, not stupid. Stealth vape in the airport and on the plane. Don't do it in the bathroom on the plane. I think the smoke detectors in the plane bathroom go off if smoke (or vapor) cross in front of the little beam it puts out to a mirror. Sit in your seat and stealth vape. if you think you are going to blow any vapor out, grab a blanket or blow it down your shirt. As for the helicopter, ask the pilot. They probably won't mind. Have a great trip.

yo419g0tamin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
westland, mi
www.youtube.com
Bathroom stealth vape only... ona side note can a pv actually set off a smoke alarm?

Nope tried with 65/35 pg/vg blend and 100% vg and blew it softly directly into the sensor of a high tech multi detector for smoke and carbon monoxide and it don't go off. Yes the battery was just changed to ensure it functions 100%

Last edited:

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...

yo419g0tamin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
westland, mi
www.youtube.com
Ahh, so it depends on the type of detection the device uses. Some must detect the actual chemicals and others just detect the "fog" from smoking vaping ect. Am I right?

Well vapor ain't smoke so why did my detector say fire? The same goes for the plane detector just linked it detects the looks of smoke not actual smoke.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Hey guys,

Me and my fiancé are planning a trip to Hawaii this winter. Its a long flight so I'm obviously going to need to have a vape on the plane. Has anyone here ever vaped on a plane before? Did you go to the bathroom to do it or did you just make huge clouds in your seat. Iv done some research about getting my mods and equipment through security but what to do when im in the air. Would it be ok to just start vaping in my seat where people can see me or should I go to the bathroom?

What about the airport?? Huge vapor clouds just wherever or should I stealth vape in the nasty bathroom.

My last question is we are taking an open door helicopter sight seeing tour on the island of Kauai. Would it be ok to vape in a helicopter? The ride is only 1 hour so I could maybe manage without it but just curious.

Thanks guys

Never had a problem in the terminal. I think you're OK there. Well, maybe not in Phoenix. Nazis in that airport.

I've flown quite a bit since I started vaping, including a trip to Hawaii in January. I've vaped on every trip but I've been very lucky. You need 3 things to happen for it to be cool.

First, you have to have an empty seat between you and a stranger, and they have to be cool. Or you and people you know must occupy the whole row.

Second, you have to be VERY stealthy about it. If you excite ANYONE on that plane, you're in for a problem. even a hint of vapor rising above your seat could panic someone and then you'll be talking to Johnny law. Vaping on a plane is NOT illegal, just against airline policy. Causing panic or disruption to the flight is against the law.

Second, the stews aren't dumb. IF you are very stealthy and they're sure you aren't going to cause a problem, and IF they are cool, you are in. That's two in one. You can blow that, or they can. Before you EVEN try it, make sure you have all of this going for you. Bring really strong nic too, to keep your need to a minimum.

Causing a problem doesn't just hurt you, it hurts the whole idea of vaping on a plane. I've been really lucky on a dozen or so flights and got away with it every time without offending a soul. It's a slippery slope though, and if anything looks like trouble, forget it. Bring a few patches just in case. Nobody minds those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread