Travel and Vaping Stealth vaping on planes

Status
Not open for further replies.

quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA
It's so easy to stealth vape on planes. In fact, i love getting away with it. It's a premeditated vape.
Just get a window seat, and lean towards the window as if you were resting (and make it clear that you do not want to engage in polite conversation).
After take off, pull the blind down. Pretend you are a vampire, afraid of the sunlight.
Press the switch and build some vapor in the atty, then take a big mouth full..release the swirch but continue to aspirate so as to ensure that no residual vapor remains in the atty chamber when you separate the atty from the lips.
Hold the vapor in the lungs for a few seconds and exhale slowly with closed lips. Always carry a hanky with you, so you can occasionally blow out your atomizer and read below, the sneezing technique!

Make sure you do not engage in conversation with your neighbor...or they may ask you a question, or talk to you, right when you have a lung full of vapor. If that happens, look up and pretend you are about to sneeze. Turn to the window and pretend to sneeze in between the seat and the wall of the plane. Cover your mouth with the hanky to minimize spread of vapor.
The worst neighbors are the ones that turn on the darned night light so that they can read. Sometimes it has happened to me that a fine whisp of vapor unintentionally escapes through the light beam and disappears in a fraction of a second...and then, the previously calm reading neighbor suddenly sits erect, to try and make sense of what he saw.
Since he can't make sense of it, he thinks it's his imagination...after 15 seconds he will quieten down and go back to his book.

When vaping on a plane, always concentrate on what you are doing, otherwise you may just forget to stealth vape (vape normally) by mistake.

I always take a steaming hot cup of cofee, and i sometimes exhale the vapor into my cofee cup....it just looks as if that coffee is piping hot! Of course this trick only works for a few minutes after the coffee has been served.

Always make sure you know where the air hostesses are. I once had to use the sneezing technique when a hostess came up from behind and asked us if we wanted another drink.
Other tricks, for those that are skilled in the art, is to prepare non VG based liquids for air travel to minimize vapor production. Some flavorings such as "Fairies finest" double mint, also dramatically lessen vapor production when added to any e-juice.

I would love to share "stealth vaping techniques" with anyone who practices these too.

RichardLOZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Yeah I have also stealth vaped on planes. A little harder for me as I use 100% VG juice normally, and drip on a Provari. On planes I typically take a 50/50 PG/VG mix in either an eGo-T or a 510-T system. A little less obvious than direct dripping :)

I also usually get exit rows, and so far have had no issues at all.

morepyro

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2010
Mooresville, NC
For plane travel, I use a special "stealth" blend. I DIY my own liquid, all VG, but I up the nic level from my usual 12% to 24% so I won't have to hit it as often. To reduce the vapor I up the percentage of PGA that I thin the VG with to 25%. Put it in a 3ohm Boge carto for less heat (and less vapor).

Hit the switch and inhale. Continue to inhale for a two count after letting off the switch to clear the residual vapor from the dead space in the top of the carto. Hold the inhale, and then release slowly. Exhale either through my nose, or to really direct it downwards, through my mouth with my top lip over my bottom lip (think massive overbite). For some reason, the latter method really disperses the vapor.

I use a 2XAA boxmod with a recessed atty connector, so the only about 1/2 inch of the carto sticks out of the top. I can hide the whole thing in my fist so only the top of the carto is exposed. The whole process may seem like overkill, but I had to fly to Australia a few months ago and there was no way I was going to make a 15 hour flight without being able to vape. Never had a problem, and it was one of the most relaxing flights I've had in years.

Windpray

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2010
Louisiana
last month I flew from Newark, NJ to Barcelona Spain was a 7 hour flight on the way back I flew from Germany to Houston, TX a 10 hour flight, I used all PG and a V4L XL manual which is purple, people all think I am sucking on an inkpen and I cover the light on the end with the end of my hand as I push on the little button. Both flights were wonderful, I really don't like going to the bathrooms on the plane if I don't have too, they get kind of messy. I am just careful exhaling and with all PG it isn't to hard very little vapor, if any.

Raven_Blackblade

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Kent, Washington
This entire month I have been flying back and forth between Seattle, and Spokane, WA. I have now become a master at stealthing.
A flight attendant asked to use my "pen" and I explained that it was a medical device to help my throat, as I have a moisture problem. They ask a few questions about it, and then tell me that if I need anything on the flight, or need any help to not hesitate to ask.

But I use a 900-1050mAh battery, and my juice is 70/30 PG/VG. It smells pleasant, and everyone loves it. But I still stealth it. They just think it is a water mist to moisten my throat hehe.... I am technically telling the truth :D

ThreePutt

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2011
DFW Texas
You guys are bold! I vaped while seated, but it was on a flight from LAX to Sydney, and the lights were out, with everyone asleep. Plus, I was in business class, where the seats lay down into a bed - I was well shielded. Normally, I'll make a bathroom run if I have a strong need to vape. If not suitable, I'll hit a SNU. And I don't pull down the window shade, as I'm addicted to looking out of the window.

I say bold, because with all the perceived hysteria and actual awareness of passengers, you might likely get jumped if you mess up and let out the vapor. Seeing "smoke" rising from the passenger sitting in front of me is cause for alarm, and may get a laptop to the back of the head if that passenger is acting suspicious. Just be careful, guys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread