Travel and Vaping Vaping on an Air Plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Interesting. A system designed to only go off with heat would render smoking bans on aircraft moot, as one could simply smoke without setting off the heat sensor- as long as they don't hold their lighter to it. Odd, I seem to recall reading a number of stories of people getting in trouble for smoking on planes. Were they holding their lighter up to the heat sensor? How about those who have set off smoke detectors by vaping? Were their stories fabrications, like those who think they are jet pilots?

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
I use nic lozenges when I fly, but also usually grab a couple puffs off my ecig in the bathroom at some point during the flight (on a longer flight, I go a few times). I'm a nervous flyer and it helps me keep my nerves in check. I use PG juice in a small device so it produces light vapor. I also hold it in longer so the vapor is reduced to almost nothing. What does get exhaled, I blow downward while fanning it with my hand to dissipate it. I've never set off a detector. Basically, just be really stealthy and you'll be fine.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
And even if the vape DID set off the smoke detector (which I am not saying it would BUT IF) then all you would have to do is just hide it in your pocket and act all shocked that it went off. You wont smell like smoke so just make sure to act inconvenienced and confused that the alarm went off. :confused:;)

Just my 2 cents

This is my prepared defense if someone penetrates my cloak of stealthiness anywhere in public, denial and mild annoyance toward the complainer. Let them prove I was "smoking" ...

Let's see, no tobacco, no lingering mist or odor, no lighter, no bad breath, etc ...

Pretty hard for any authority figure to process a complaint without a shred of physical evidence, an angry emotional plaintiff, and a calm coherent defendant ...

randomhousegir

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
Riverton, Utah
This is my prepared defense if someone penetrates my cloak of stealthiness anywhere in public, denial and mild annoyance toward the complainer. Let them prove I was "smoking" ...

Let's see, no tobacco, no lingering mist or odor, no lighter, no bad breath, etc ...

Pretty hard for any authority figure to process a complaint without a shred of physical evidence, an angry emotional plaintiff, and a calm coherent defendant ...

I like the cut of your jib. ..or however the saying goes

sent from my phone via tapatalk 2 because I can't stop reading and posting on ECF

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...

If you don't produce an e-cig or cigarette .... and deny you know what happened, you'll probably be searched when you land, then banned from the airline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread