Vaping Sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'd like your responses to the following questions:

1. How long are your vaping sessions and how many hits do you take in that time?
2. How much time elapses between your vaping sessions?

When I first started vaping, 6-8 weeks ago:

1. I would take 2-3 hits in a session lasting only about a minute.
2. I would do this about once an hour.

Now that I've discovered more agreeable flavors:

1. I take several (6 or more) hits per session. I try to stretch this out to 3 or 4 minutes.
2. I do this every 15-30 mins if I'm at home.

I am consciously holding myself back from vaping more and vaping more often thinking it cant be a good thing to do, though I have no evidence to support that fear.

Your thought?

Texasman2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Corinth, TX

1. How long are your vaping sessions and how many hits do you take in that time?

1. I take several (6 or more) hits per session. I try to stretch this out to 3 or 4 minutes.

I am consciously holding myself back from vaping more and vaping more often thinking it cant be a good thing to do, though I have no evidence to support that fear.

Your thought?

mine is usually all day usually about every 5 mins give or take. its just a preference. my boss doesn't care as long as we arent outside wasting time.. its a win-win

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk

Your thought?

What are your fears exactly? I can post some information here to help ease those fears, if you want. Most of the fear is in not knowing, but also in all the hubbub of the recent media coverage and the negativity being tossed our way. It's a tough battle, but once you have the information, you can feel confident, armed, and relax and enjoy it.

The first thing is, do you feel better after vaping and not smoking (I'm assuming you smoked, and now vape, or do both)? Most people say they can breathe better, no coughing, getting winded when exercising, food tastes better after you have quit for a while, and overall increased vitality.

I am 7 months into vaping and dont' pay attention to how often I vape, though it's about every 10 mins or so I think at this point using 18-24mg liquids.

Welcome the forum!

Last edited:

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Like the poster above, I usually take a few hits every 5-10 minutes whenever I can, no such thing as a vaping session with me.

When I first started vaping, I found it difficult to even let go of my PV--couldn't set it down. It was crazy--when I was at work (I can't vape at my desk), the only thing on my mind was when I could get out to vape.

I picked up some WTA (whole tobacco alkaloid) juice and that helped me separate myself from my PV for a bit. It really helped me.

Now it's not an obsession--unless I get a new, unbelievably good juice--I just vape pretty much consistently, although I don't feel as "needy" about it. I don't really think about it much, more like when I smoked. But I'm not trying to quit altogether, either. If I do, so much the better I guess, but it isn't a priority for me at this time.

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
What are your fears exactly? I can post some information here to help ease those fears, if you want. Most of the fear is in not knowing, but also in all the hubbub of the recent media coverage and the negativity being tossed our way.

this might help (if it's allowable)

yeah...I also hit my PV quite often thru the day (MVP 2 tells me 802 puffs since about 2pm EST)

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
I think it's natural to vape more than you smoked or to atleast feel like that's the case. When I'm at work I vape whenever I can since I can't vape freely. When I'm home or somewhere I'm able to vape freely I vape around the clock in my opinion. I probably put down my PV for maybe 5-10 mins at a time after taking probably 5-10 drags. I can go longer without vaping but I choose not to when I can. Remember your body absorbs nic differently than it does when you smoke a cigarette. As long as I don't feel like I'm getting too much nic (headache, nausea, etc...) I vape as much as I please. I wouldn't worry about it personally. But if it bothers you too much try upping your nic so that you can go longer in between your vaping sessions without feeling the need to vape more.

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
To be honest, I've seriously never counted or paid attention. I just take a vape when I want one, which is pretty much all the time. I have no issues with it being in my hand ALL the time. When I drive, I'm FOREVER vaping. However, I DO know that I can easily go 6-8 hours without vaping without any issues at all.

Same here - I can go hours, even longer than that without and be fine. When I can vape freely, I do so without much thought in how much or how often I do it.

Interesting viewpoints, thx. I myself was a pack a day smoker before vaping so I think some of the constant feeling that I should be minimizing my habit is from that. Also, I've been addicted to many things in the past and it has never held true that more is better for you.
I guess I'm hovering between being happy I havent smoked an analog since I picked up vaping and being aware that I am still addicted to something and addictions usually denote a negative impact somewhere along the line.
Methinks there is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer.

sollymay

Sep 20, 2013
California

Your thought?

I would normally vape exactly as if I was smoking. If you were a heavy smoker, 1 pack a day or so, then you would smoke the equivalent of that in vaping time. IMHO, vaping times are normally longer than analogs just because the feel of it is not going to be as satisfying just because all of the added things that you still don't get from them. I quit smoking 8 months ago and now I like dripping a lot, but I understand the hassle of doing it. The added value of dripping is that the amount of flavor and throat hit is so much better, that I've been constantly decreasing the amount of daily vaping.

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
There is a lot of science-backed information on this site to help.

No one could logically deny there is an addiction process, but most of it seems to be in the cigarette smoking, not in vaping. I say this based on being here and on other forums for months, reading threads, and talking to others about vaping, and most have the same story - they were addicted to cigarettes and vaping was the only real answer, and once they started vaping and quit smoking, they found the addiction process to taper off, and it really will. They have researched nicotine and it's addictive capacity is about that of caffeine, that's what you can compare it to. Cigarettes, on the other hand, produce a mind-boggling addiction that all of know about as ex-smokers. It's the cigarettes that are the enemy, not vaping.

I hope you find your answers and get the information you seek. Good luck to you!

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
I personally feel that nicotine's addictive capacity is about that of caffeine, but you wouldnt suggest someone drink nothing but soda all day long every 5 mins and not be able to put down a can of soda like we do with our PV's, would you?

I'm not sure if you are speaking to me, but if you are, the answer is no, of course, you wouldn't recommend that. However, if someone is drinking something much more troublesome and known to kill you, let's just say alcohol in large quantities, then yes, I would say, switch to soda as opposed to living the lifestyle of an alcoholic and drinking your life away. You have the choice and freedom to vape when you want to, at what mg nicotine you want to, and for as long as you want to. So, the control is in your own hands, not anyone "recommending" anything on a forum. But, if you are having personal issues with the nicotine addiction, it's best to switch it to something that is safer. But, that's just my :2c: and not to be taken as anything other than a suggestion.

Last edited:

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I personally feel that nicotine's addictive capacity is about that of caffeine, but you wouldnt suggest someone drink nothing but soda all day long every 5 mins and not be able to put down a can of soda like we do with our PV's, would you?

I see that with people and their Starbucks all the time...do I think anything of it? Other than question their taste in coffee, no.

Honestly I don't see what people have against an "addiction" anyway, if it isn't a harmful one. I think "addiction" has a connotation of something evil. Perhaps dependency, or preference would be a better word?

I'm not sure when this happened but people have used substances for various reasons since humans discovered herbs. I don't see any problem with it, if it doesn't interfere with your life or anyone else's.

Last edited:

dirtyrice

Jun 17, 2013
Texas
I am pretty much a chain vaper. I've been vaping for a few months i've gone from 18mg juice down to 8-6mg juice. I find in situations/times where I used to smoke more, I just vape more also. I.e. when i'm bored, in the car etc. When I first started I vaped all the time because the nicotine just doesn't absorb like a cigarette so it took longer for me to feel satisfied. If I go about two hours without taking some hits off my pv I start to feel like I need nicotine, but nothing compared to how addicted I felt when I smoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread