Not open for further replies.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
batteries:

Since batts are still a hot topic and AW IMR 18350s are out of stock at most places, I'd like to make a suggestion. I have a triple-v that takes 18350s so i already have a bunch.

I have had very good luck with the IMR 18350s from COV. Bruce carries both AW's and some that he calls "COV IMR's" that I think are probably BDLs. The picture shows a red flat top 18350, but the last two pairs I bought were blue flat tops. In my triple-v, they have performed just as well as the AWs I have and I get a couple more hours of vape time out of them.

I've had a couple of 18650 BDLs that just sucked and I'm sure it would be easy to find at least a hundred threads on ECF where others came to the same conclusion. The 18350s are much better.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
You can still use Howards Feed and Wax on them. I use it on all of mine. Especially on the inside. There is no poly coat there. Just use a Q-tip and apply inside. It will soak into the wood and give some protection to juice spills. Also will keep the wood from drying out. My Stabilized has Howards all over it! Any bare wood should have protection.

Glad you posted this Karen. Also............. spoken from experience literally soaking a huge bowl of WOOD REOs (and one Phidi)................ Howard's Wax smells delicious and is good for skin but it is not a nice vape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When treating the WOODs keep the bottles on and put some self adhesive kitchen wrap over the catch cup. If you are not extremely careful Howard's will sneak into feed tubes and threads of atty connector. It is difficult to remove from those places!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feisty Alice

beezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2011
The VooDoo Lounge
I do love a low-tech solution to a high-tech problem. BRILLIANT!

I put them on the + side since that side has the nipps and it would make better contact at the connection. That's why the spacer that comes with the Pila is installed there. Bad connections is when you have problems like flat on flat. I've been wrong before though.

beezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2011
The VooDoo Lounge
I ended up with this one :)

vv_stabilized_8.jpg

It seems like it has all kinds of faces and pheasants and fish and fireballs and and...... more faces. VooDoo Violet :2cool:

Last edited:

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
I told myself that I would wait for the VV grands. I love my three grands and never gave much thought to the woods, but the Saturday night excitement was too much to take and soon enough I was refreshing the reos site like a mad man. An hour and a half later, once the dust had settled I realized I was the proud owner of these two beauties!

vv_Walnut_curly.jpg vv_Bubinga_Wenge.jpg

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Glad you posted this Karen. Also............. spoken from experience literally soaking a huge bowl of WOOD REOs (and one Phidi)................ Howard's Wax smells delicious and is good for skin but it is not a nice vape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When treating the WOODs keep the bottles on and put some self adhesive kitchen wrap over the catch cup. If you are not extremely careful Howard's will sneak into feed tubes and threads of atty connector. It is difficult to remove from those places!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feisty Alice

DO NOT WAX YOUR WOOD MODS THIS WAY!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

IMG_0613.jpg

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
DO NOT WAX YOUR WOOD MODS THIS WAY!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

IMG_0613.jpg

I apply the wax with my fingers. I like to rub it in really good. Slippery sliding fingers caressing that wood. Go all around that catch cup. Around the button on the side. More wax and rub it all over. I let it sit for a few hours at least. Sometimes I will pick it up again and massage that wax some more. I don't know why, guess cause it's wood and I love it!

Northernshrink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Bracebridge Ont Canada
I apply the wax with my fingers. I like to rub it in really good. Slippery sliding fingers caressing that wood. Go all around that catch cup. Around the button on the side. More wax and rub it all over. I let it sit for a few hours at least. Sometimes I will pick it up again and massage that wax some more. I don't know why, guess cause it's wood and I love it!

Ok going to go take a cold shower now :D

whatitstrue

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2011
Phoenix, AZ.
I told myself that I would wait for the VV grands. I love my three grands and never gave much thought to the woods, but the Saturday night excitement was too much to take and soon enough I was refreshing the reos site like a mad man. An hour and a half later, once the dust had settled I realized I was the proud owner of these two beauties!

View attachment 96692 View attachment 96693

Very nice!!!!!! That curly walnut was my number 2 choice. Its just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread