• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

>>>Welcome to SGVapers, Newbies Introduce Yourself here!<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNotorious

Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Lion city
Hey, thank you! I do have a lot of questions to ask, since I'm really green in vaping. For starters, I don't even know where to get one, oh unless I migrate to the US. Lol. I'm afraid the questions that I'm gonna ask are sensitive due to the nature of how things are here. I'll get my acc verified soon(forgot my paypal acc details lol) then I'll pm you.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Hi, Notorious,

Please do read the rules of this forum, (ETA: I mean this specific area of the forum!) they are very important, and meant to be helpful, not punitive!!!

Where you live there are problems and no simple solutions, so it's probably best if you read a lot of the posts in this area before posting your questions!!

nuvole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Sillypore
Get yourself verify, chat more and I'm sure some old bird(not me) will pm you.

Cheers

Hey, thank you! I do have a lot of questions to ask, since I'm really green in vaping. For starters, I don't even know where to get one, oh unless I migrate to the US. Lol. I'm afraid the questions that I'm gonna ask are sensitive due to the nature of how things are here. I'll get my acc verified soon(forgot my paypal acc details lol) then I'll pm you.

Gryphin

Jan 18, 2015
Folks,

I posted the below in the New Members Information main forum, but thought I share as well in this sub-forum, as I have learned immensely from reading this specifc sub-forum.

So, have been lurking in this forum for a couple of months now, ever since I decided on cutting down and eventually quitting analogs. The little red dot does not make it easy, for whatever reasons. Not here to argue for or against regulations, but have to add, with determination, not impossible to achieve. Definitely, extensive reading on this forum helped, as well as created even more confusion. Not easy for a newbie to understand VV / VW, RBAs, RTAs, RDAs, Bottom vs Top coils, Ω laws etc etc.

Like many, started with CE5 types, not a pleasurable experience, don’t really know how to describe it, but like wine that has gone bad, you know something is just not there. Tank leaked on 2nd day, which ended my experiment with CE5’s.

Moved on to Caravela Mods with a Vivi Nova tank. Improvement on the experience, compared to CE5, but still unable to achieve the pleasure that I viewed on youtube reviews. Stuck with it for a couple of weeks with further research.

Upgraded from a Vivi Nova tank, to a Kanger Protank, no idea if it was a bad clone or Kanger had bad QC. Tried all manners of fixes, without fail, juice would leak into centerpost, gurgling, leaks, etc. Still on Caravela Mods though.

Moved on to the Spinner Mod, with Vivi Nova Tank, as I felt the Caravela Mods was heavy. I would say Spinner type Mods are good for beginners or intermediates. Not a bad place to start the journey. However, was still searching for the taste that I keep seeing on youtube.

Used EVOD type tanks, for convenience due to size (I travel a lot regionally), with Spinner Mod. The best word I could use, with Vivi Nova and EVOD type tanks is “meh”…..

Finally, 3 weeks ago, took the plunge and went for mini Box mods, again due to convenience and size. Ileaf iStick, 20W, switching between Vivi Novas at home and EVODs when travelling. Finally getting to “taste” the juice. Reasons could be that the iStick pushed out greater power or that my taste buds has improved due to lesser inhaling of analogs, or a combination of both. Okay, here I go thinking this is it. Little did I know….

Last week, my “inventory” improved, with the inclusion of mini Xpro 65W and Kanger subtank mini. Started on the 1.2Ω OCC, played around with the wattage…woah…..Now we are talking. Sweet spot for me was at 18 to 20 watts. What the heck, let’s try the RBA section. Did my first coil, 1.5Ω, physically looked like my fat ...., stick it on the Mod, no shortages, good start. My good lord, I realized that I have been wasting my inventory of juices on Vivi Novas and EVODS……

Now I am in trouble…. No way could I go back to EVODs. Very likely and shortly, my “inventory” will include Kanger subtank nano (again for convenience) plus experimenting with re-building the coil for the nano OCC.

My vaping journey continues……..

**update** Kanger subtank nano is now in my hands. Next stop Muji.....
***update*** shout out to Bakpau, for an unsolicitated but greatly appreciated lead....

Reactions: Currynoah

Minzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Syonando
Hey, thanks for sharing your experiences. Sadly as a newbie, i dont understand most of the terms that you used to explain with. lol. Hoping i could learn more from the old birds in here so that i could find one which suits me best

You can watch some youtube vids too. a wealth of knowledge there.

leggodt

Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Singapore
Hi everyone! I'm new to the vaping community and I'm really interested to get my first set of vapes and experimenting with it (mods and diy juice etc). I have strong intentions to quit smoking so I think vaping will be a very good alternative to ease this transition! Hope to learn more about vaping from everyone in this community, cheers and vape on guys! :)

Minzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Syonando
Hi everyone! I'm new to the vaping community and I'm really interested to get my first set of vapes and experimenting with it (mods and diy juice etc). I have strong intentions to quit smoking so I think vaping will be a very good alternative to ease this transition! Hope to learn more about vaping from everyone in this community, cheers and vape on guys! :)

Welcome man! hope you'll find the information you need here.(there is a lot) :D

ahmadmfz

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
red dot
Welcome to the club!

Minzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Syonando
Just wondering. I actually started vaping about two months ago. Started coughing out thick phlegm awhile back and was wondering, when and how long did it last for others who switched from analog to e-cigs.

hmmmm. that never happened to me. but then again, i was't that heavy a smoker. :/
Oh, and BTW. WELCOME!

Jun Andaakabaa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2014
Little Red Dot
Just wondering. I actually started vaping about two months ago. Started coughing out thick phlegm awhile back and was wondering, when and how long did it last for others who switched from analog to e-cigs.

It could be just a transition that your body was detoxifying itself, So how are you feeling now?:rolleyes:

Cyrotek

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2015
here there everywhere
Hello all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. Started Vaping quite some time ago on a provari mini with a kayfun lite and changed it up now to a Sigelei 150W with a MutationX v3 for the clouds mostly at home.

After going to the Sigelei+MX3, have never gone back to my provari as i prefer lung hits. I switch it up between 6mg juices and 100% VG 0 nic liquids.

barbs

Mar 5, 2015
Masamune
Hello all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. Started Vaping quite some time ago on a provari mini with a kayfun lite and changed it up now to a Sigelei 150W with a MutationX v3 for the clouds mostly at home.

After going to the Sigelei+MX3, have never gone back to my provari as i prefer lung hits. I switch it up between 6mg juices and 100% VG 0 nic liquids.

How's the refilling of the Kayfun lite? Was tempted to get it but since i have the V4. I kinda held back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread