• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Welcome! Step in and introduce yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noodles

Jan 30, 2009
New York City
Welcome to our new members!

This will be our little place to set up some local meetings, report sightings of other people with PVs, and just generally hang. We will be working closely with the Long Island NY Vapers Club to schedule gatherings .
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/groups/long-island-ny-vapers-club.html

Don't Be shy! Even if you live outside of the city or make a daily commute, Join Us!
PM me. Have friends/family/co-workers that vape? Point them in our direction and these boards. We are a group that is growing across the nation, so it is only right to have a social group of people from one of the greatest cities in the country.

There is a webpage in our future. (will update)

Feel free to use this thread to introduce yourself and make yourself comfy :)

-Noodles

Last edited:

Rorschach

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2008
New York, NY
Hey Noodles what happened to YOUR introduction?

Glad that we finally got a board. As Noodles mentioned we work closely with the LI Vapor's Club; I would even go so far as to call us a sub-chapter as we're still part of the LI Vapor's Club.

I live in Queens and work in Manhattan and have been vaping since August 2008. I mostly use the JOYE 510/Dura and now also my Janty Stick.

Favorite Liquids: Black Tea, Banana, RY4.

I'm working on getting us a venue. I have two in mind but first off would like to know if anyone is completely against going to a bar?

Rorschach

Hello all :) I am in both the LI and the NYC Vapers Club (since I am on the border of Queens and Nassau). I vape everything... but especially enjoy the ladypipe (thanks for the gift Rexa!) and the 401 is my fave thusfar.

The meetings are a LOT of fun and getting to meet everyone and share juice and try new devices you have never seen before is invaluable. Also knowing someone that you can call at 2am cause ALL your atty's dies in the same day or you just spilled your last bit of TC by JC on the counter when trying to refill your travel bottle is a VERY important thing! LOL!!!

Anyway... please join and intro yourselves... looking forward to meeting theg NYC peeps!

fiddler

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2008
New York City
Hi Everybody!

I live in Briarwood, Queens and work in Manhattan for MTV.

I mostly use a generic pen style and am eagerly awaiting a Janty Stick and PS Prodigy.

I've got a large tackle box full of juice and stuff and like to experiment with blends, both from scratch and mods of commercial juices.

Other interests are audio, mandolin playing (mostly Bach) and listening to music.

I'm currently out on medical disability, and the little guy who serves as my avatar is my constant companion. From his example I have learned how to really enjoy a good nap!

ironlung

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
queens n.y.
N.Y.City I would like to give a shout OUT TO ALL! ironlung here always able to inhale lots of SMOKE but cant touch that stuff anymore! now truing hard not to smoke analogs! LOL I do not drink alcohol due to the fact it does not like me . but I think this vaping thing will suit me just fine SE gold right now,just ordered joye510 YES! I am well on my way. batts went dead & left chaeger home,needless to say I almst became a modder whent to SH*T SHACK to odd atty straight to car charger but held my cool! I live in HOLLIS,QUEENS, & yes I eat rice & beans too! born& raised JAMAICA N.Y. Glad to be with both L.I. & NYC Vapors Club & welcome to all the members LATER!

Rexa

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
New York City
I have nothing against bars (in fact I love them) but I think it's better to be in a place that has open space and tables like a restaurant. Bars tend to be dark and noisy and not have many tables which could be problematic if people are bringing a bunch of kits, liquids and such to share ideas and what not. At a restaurant people eat or drink or both whereas in a bar you can only drink and if you're not a drinker it may not work for some people. You will wanna try and look for something which caters to everyone to get a crowd going. If anything, maybe look for a bar & restaurant type of place.

Last edited:

lachesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
NJ, USA
Hello all! I technically live in NJ, but work in the city every day. I was kindly invited by Noodles... Used to live in Great Neck, then Bayside, now in Edgewater. Currently working for ABC.

I used to have 3 different kits - TW901 (4075), TW 4081, and BE112 - but sold them all a while ago when I got my SD. Currently don't have any back-ups, but am planning to get one sometime in near future. Fav juice is RY4 and Flu Cured... and kinda like coffee - as I drink 4 shots of espresso every morning. (My the other vice).

Right now, I'm only one who vapes around my vincinity - although I am planning to convert my analog smoking friends as well as my brother in Las Vegas into a vaper... and my father who is an occasional smoker. (He only smokes when I'm around, as it seems - I must be a bad bad son. ;))

Glad I joined the club, and maybe someday I hope to get to meet you all - even though I haven't really been socializing for almost a couple of years now. (have a lovely 2yr old daughter, so she's keeping me quite busy all the time. ;))

Noodles

Jan 30, 2009
New York City
Hello all! I technically live in NJ, but work in the city every day. I was kindly invited by Noodles... Used to live in Great Neck, then Bayside, now in Edgewater. Currently working for ABC.

I used to have 3 different kits - TW901 (4075), TW 4081, and BE112 - but sold them all a while ago when I got my SD. Currently don't have any back-ups, but am planning to get one sometime in near future. Fav juice is RY4 and Flu Cured... and kinda like coffee - as I drink 4 shots of espresso every morning. (My the other vice).

Right now, I'm only one who vapes around my vincinity - although I am planning to convert my analog smoking friends as well as my brother in Las Vegas into a vaper... and my father who is an occasional smoker. (He only smokes when I'm around, as it seems - I must be a bad bad son. ;))

Glad I joined the club, and maybe someday I hope to get to meet you all - even though I haven't really been socializing for almost a couple of years now. (have a lovely 2yr old daughter, so she's keeping me quite busy all the time. ;))

lachesis,
So glad you joined us! This is not just going to be a place to organize meets and such, but also a place to keep in touch and share some of our day to day trials.

I want everyone to feel free to start a thread about your bad day, your good day, was the train late?, did you step in dog poo?, advice or recommendations on places to dine or Drink.

lets get closer (not like touching and stuff)

Noodles

Jan 30, 2009
New York City
Hi Everybody!

I live in Briarwood, Queens and work in Manhattan for MTV.

I mostly use a generic pen style and am eagerly awaiting a Janty Stick and PS Prodigy.

I've got a large tackle box full of juice and stuff and like to experiment with blends, both from scratch and mods of commercial juices.

Other interests are audio, mandolin playing (mostly Bach) and listening to music.

I'm currently out on medical disability, and the little guy who serves as my avatar is my constant companion. From his example I have learned how to really enjoy a good nap!

Glad to have ya fiddler!

I have two cats and honestly they are my best friends.
Killer has his own Myspace!

Music... hmmm
and mandolin too.

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
I don't live in the city, I BUILD THE CITY!!! :D:D:D

Yeah, I am a LIVG guy from suffolk county but I ride that Long Island Snail Road to Penn on a daily basis to do my job as a PROUD union carpenter.

I said car painter but they sent me to the wrong union. :lol:

No, really, that is a funny joke on construction sites, I swear. 8-o

Looking forward to the first meeting.

DW

Noodles

Jan 30, 2009
New York City
I don't live in the city, I BUILD THE CITY!!! :D:D:D

Yeah, I am a LIVG guy from suffolk county but I ride that Long Island Snail Road to Penn on a daily basis to do my job as a PROUD union carpenter.

I said car painter but they sent me to the wrong union. :lol:

No, really, that is a funny joke on construction sites, I swear. 8-o

Looking forward to the first meeting.

DW

Union is strong :evil:

Vapaway

Mar 1, 2009
Upstate New York
Hey all,

I live upstate NY, use to live in the Bronx, and work out in NJ, yeah I travel a lot...........:shock:
Noodles introduced me to e-cigarette and I never look back to analog again. (Thanks Noodles, you ROCK!):thumbs: The best part of it is, is that you can choose what flavor you like to vape!:cool: Unlike the analog you or limited but my favors are vanilla, french pipe, and tobacco. Although, thanks to E Liquid Planet:thumb:, I’m starting to get into Rum and Peach.

I don’t go on the boards or post much (due to my work and travel time) but I will try as often as I can. (If not then Noodles can up-date me):D
I just want to thank noodles for introducing me to a great group of people and my first time meeting out in LI. Hope to help and grow into this one here.

Vapaway

Hey everyone! I'm brand new to vaping. Name is Alex, and I live in Kew Gardens (Queens). I guess I'll keep checking this forum to possibly go to one the meetings whenever that is. I'm not planning on going to any of the LI ones, because seeing as I don't have a car it could be a little difficult. Would like to see one happen somewhere in the city soon. See everyone around!!

Alex

fiddler

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2008
New York City
Hey everyone! I'm brand new to vaping. Name is Alex, and I live in Kew Gardens (Queens). I guess I'll keep checking this forum to possibly go to one the meetings whenever that is. I'm not planning on going to any of the LI ones, because seeing as I don't have a car it could be a little difficult. Would like to see one happen somewhere in the city soon. See everyone around!!

Alex

Hey Alex, I second that about meetings in town rather than out on the Island - I'm another typical car-free New Yorker. BTW I live in Briarwood, so we're probably neighbors.

Hey guys... We stop by the train station to pick people up before the meetings (if they can get out to LI before the meeting starts... ahhhem... rorshach!) so we tried to make it easier for the city people to join us. I even have someone with a van so if there were more than 4 or 5 people we could still make it work. Don't fear the island :) LOL! We will pick you up an drop you back at the train!

Hi guys, I'm new to the group, but I've been reading the forums for two months now. Today is Day 83 Analog-Free for me; though I was only a two-pack a week smoker. I live in Rockland County, just over the bridge. Not sure how often I can come to meetings, but I'll try.
I'm really glad this club is an offshoot of the LI Vapers Club--we need a few good vapers in Suffolk county to tell the legislators where to stick their agendas.

We need help guys!!! We need ALL the people who CAN get to Riverhead on Tuesday to show up and tell why the PV has helped them/changed their life!!! This is REALLY important and the more of us.. the more impact there will be! Please read this thread and if you can join us... PM me or email me through the VapersClub.com website and I will make SURE you get a ride from the LIRR. I will pick you up myself if I have to!
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-advocating-reasonable-laws-e-cigarettes.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread