Status
Not open for further replies.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I wouldn't bother responding to such drivel. An uniformed fool, making such a statement, will remain an uninformed fool regardless of the response. This would be yet another, there are so many on every issue, who swallows agenda driven "science" and then is capable of regurgitating it without a single critical thought. This person probably also thinks that a computer model is sound settled science.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
You do recall Mayor Bloomberg and his big gulp cup ban? Nothing is beyond the contemplation of those who seek to control us, all for our own good.

A sugar tax? applied to whom?

A fast food tax? just for burgers or for subway rolls - or maybe only those available before 2007 would be exempt?

Not seeing it.

T

windxrunner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Portland, OR
One of my friends started this BS about all the carcinogens I'm inhaling and I'm not sorry to say I cut him off and just started ranting about all the real information I've accumulated that speaks the exact opposite, and I realize he's heard some horror stories about the harmful effects of using "e-cigs" but it would be wise for him to consider where most/maybe even all of this anti-vaping hype is coming from. He still was not swayed, just rolled his eyes and said, "We'll see..." I said, "Yes, indeed. We will.". You just can't reason with some people. He's been trying to quit smoking cold turkey off and on for years now, I suppose he's just bitter.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Those who stopped smoking by the more conventional ways. are the worst haters.... vaping make them furious and Honestly I can understand that , it must have taken at least a year until they reached to a point where they don't want to smoke , I have a friend that even after a year still struggles .
So they see us with our mod or ego and it drive them nuts
Truth.

There were at least a few posters on that forum that admitted that electronic cigarettes tempted them.
I can at least respect them for being willing to admit that.

And I think we all know someone who has been quit for years and will admit to sometimes still wanting a cigarette.

rzil

May 6, 2014
Israel
One of my friends started this BS about all the carcinogens I'm inhaling and I'm not sorry to say I cut him off and just started ranting about all the real information I've accumulated that speaks the exact opposite, and I realize he's heard some horror stories about the harmful effects of using "e-cigs" but it would be wise for him to consider where most/maybe even all of this anti-vaping hype is coming from. He still was not swayed, just rolled his eyes and said, "We'll see..." I said, "Yes, indeed. We will.". You just can't reason with some people. He's been trying to quit smoking cold turkey off and on for years now, I suppose he's just bitter.

I just can't understand those anti-vaping smokers , how can you inhale cyanide and ammonia and talk to us about how bad vaping is ?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Truth.

There were at least a few posters on that forum that admitted that electronic cigarettes tempted them.
I can at least respect them for being willing to admit that.

And I think we all know someone who has been quit for years and will admit to sometimes still wanting a cigarette.

My mom's been quit for over 10 yrs, and she says when she's paying bills and all stressed out, she longs for a smoke like she quit last week. But she won't even consider vaping, "not after I went to all that trouble to finally get off cigarettes." :blink:

I just don't get it. I never thought of my mom as a puritan at all, man she loved to drink before the cirrhosis got her liver. But the puritan ethic has just brainwashed people in this country something awful. I've never understood it. My own ethic is more of a hedonist ethic. :D

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I often vape openly in public and, to date, nobody has confronted me with any moronic comments. I think there may be something about me that radiates "confront with caution." But people occasionally approach me with curiosity and questions.

I was vaping as I walked thru the parking lot at wallyworld recently, and this woman just glared at me like she wanted to kill me; didn't say a word though. Maybe I radiate that vibe too -- or maybe it's my husband, who looks like a cross between willie nelson and charles manson. :D

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I just can't understand those anti-vaping smokers , how can you inhale cyanide and ammonia and talk to us about how bad vaping is ?

They're mad because we escaped it, and they haven't figured out yet that they could too, thanks to all this ANTZ propaganda. You'd think they'd want to poke all the smoker-haters in the eye as bad as we do!

Andria

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
(...)

f they continue to argue after that, I just figure they're an idiot and walk away. If they're ugly or abusive in their arguments, I'll even TELL them they're an idiot, before I walk away.

Andria

That's a waste of time, Andria.

Those are the types who cannot be bothered with facts !! :D

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
I get that a lot lately, because the bad press is starting to arrive at my country... :(

Some are even family members. Who have not shown any interest in my vaping in the last five-and-an-half years, but now are ready to criticize me because of some B.S. they heard in the news. :mad:

Telling me "I heard that thing is not effective in quitting smoking" would be bad enough if I was just in the beginning of my vaping journey. What would be the point? Demoralizing someone who is just trying to quit?

I know of SOME people who have quit smoking by sucking on menthol candies. Not the most effective method, granted, but it has worked for SOME. Would YOU undermine those people's efforts by telling them that menthol candies are a poor quitting method? "So, do not expect much from that" ?

What is the point of someone telling ME, after almost six years of NOT smoking, the LIE that "e-cigarettes are a poor quitting method" ??
Do they expect me to quit vaping, because I have "discovered" how poor it is, and resort to smoking ?? :D

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
They're mad because we escaped it, and they haven't figured out yet that they could too, thanks to all this ANTZ propaganda. You'd think they'd want to poke all the smoker-haters in the eye as bad as we do!

Andria

Andria, thing to do is walk thru public areas carrying it not vaping it for the time being. Then it makes more of a fashion statement rather than something to criticize.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
That's a waste of time, Andria.

Those are the types who cannot be bothered with facts !! :D

Oh, I know. But letting them know they're an idiot at least makes ME feel good. If some of those idiots were called out on their idiocy often enough, maybe they'd stop harassing people with their idiotic views -- not because they changed their views of course, idiots very seldom do that, but maybe they'd get tired of being called an idiot! :D

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Andria, thing to do is walk thru public areas carrying it not vaping it for the time being. Then it makes more of a fashion statement rather than something to criticize.

Sometimes I wear it around my neck on a lanyard, and when I do, I've gotten more stares at my chest than I ever got, even when I was young enough for anyone to care what my chest looked like -- there never has been much there to stare at -- till I added an e-cig on a lanyard! :D

But if I'm outdoors, I vape as I please, and ANTZ idiots had best be prepared for my response if they harass me for it. ;)

Andria

Equilibrium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Georgia
The question I always get is...... "does that really work?"

And I always reply with... "well it's the only thing that has ever worked for me. I was a 1-1/2 -2 PAD smoker for 25 years and I've tried everything else known to man and vaping is the only thing that has worked. I've been smoke free sense February so, you tell me if it really works."

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Ok, talked to the wife and apparently running someones toothbrush between your buttcheeks is not ok. So after much thought, I decided to take the pacifists approach. We need to say "Oh thank you for telling me that Oh Wise and Aged One!" (OK, the Aged One thing is probably a little passive aggressive to those over 40) and then hug them and give them Jazz Hands and walk away.

iDNMeVYKHa0E6.gif

tumblr_mza4a0jBPs1rpozpso1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread