What temperature do you vape on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
450F between 18 & 20 watts on my eleaf iPower using a .45 ohm single coil right now. I'd like to get a warmer vape & faster ramp up but Temperature Protection kicks in too soon or I start getting a burnt cotton taste if I up the temperature :( Any suggestions?

I ordered some ReadyXWick which should arrive Thursday. Maybe that will help.

Reactions: nocigsnomore

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
420-450F for me. I saturate my wick manually and then plug my DNA-200 into escribe and take a hit. I watch the temperature that my (saturated) wick "equalizes" at. Typically in a tank, the wick will not be that saturated all the time, so I usually up the temp about 20° or so to compensate. With a saturated wick I see the temp equalizes around 390-400°F with 60VG liquid. So I set it to 430 or so and am good to go.

Also, I am impressed with the DNA's accuracy with the wire I use and the steam-engine TFR profile (titanium profile). To test, you can get some cotton and soak it with tap water. Put the wick through your coil, then fire up the mod. In escribe I see the vaping temperature hit 210°F, which is accurate enough for me.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Depends on the tank.. so far i have enjoyed 60 watts at 290 celsius :)
yes I like a warm vape (but i hate even a hint of dry hit/burnt, so believe me i wouldn't vape it that warm if there was an issue). I was doing that on a joyetech ego one vt tank, with the nickel 0.2 ohm coil, and not a single burnt hit.. and it has only those tiny little juice holes! I was also using max vg juice! it just worked. I do my temp vaping on an aspire archon, and i find it just works flawlessly. I am going to experiment with aspire triton mini temp coils this week (in a full size naut, i want to see if I can get a good MTL temp vape), and also the kanger temp coils for the sub series (for DL). Will give that a go in the toptank mini. Will update when I have done it :)

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
For the peeps who were having trouble with dna/escribe, if the internal resistance is not set and case analyzer hasn't been run, that can cause problems with TC. Once you do that though and get the proper csv's for your materials it runs flawlessly.

The most important thing is the internal resistance, just short out the 510 and check how many ohms it measures... I got a copper plug for that since Ive built and bought so many dna mods, the only ones I've bought that had that stuff already set up were my vapesharks.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
As I've been working with different coils I've found the temp is unique to each setup

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

I am finding the tank/toppers matter a lot as well. I have very similar builds in all my istick/rx mods right now and the billow v3+ is at 420, my goon is at 450 and my 2 boreas tanks are at 490 and 470. the boreas tanks are at 0.14 and 0.15 ohm with identical wire/wraps and both at 110w so I am not sure why the 0.14 ohm build needs an extra 20f.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread