What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Well, she got a 72 hour hold for psychiatric review after she attacked one the the police personnel. I'm guessing it's going to be longer than the three days. If I were a psychologist/psychiatrist, I'd be leaning toward bipolar. What a mess. Her MIL is becoming an emotional mess and I'm expecting a breakdown here too. She's now torn between her son and his four girls and her nephew who's dying and has a mother who's a PoS. What a mess.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Man, they're going to town. It's amazing how fast the pros get work done but it's a shame about the shutters,

Hit, you're always winning those things. I never see them to enter and even if I did, I probably wouldn't think of entering. I don't know how long ago I bought the alien but it's been a while (five months, i got curious). I've used it exclusively and not changed a thing on it. I just keep refilling.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    It's been a little while since I won anything. The contest was for a mod and juice for the winner and also a mod and juice for a beginning vaper to help them switch. I had my wife in mind but I don't know if she'll use it. If not then I'm going to give it to someone who will.

It's almost like a soap opera that you have going on there roth. I don't envy you.

The painters were back early this morning and woke up my wife which she was not at all happy about. She's not a good morning person and usually sleeps much later. She called me and was pretty grumpy but I understand. I think they might finish today. The guy that runs the crew is there helping today. I told my wife if they finish before I get home then she should give them an extra 30-40 for the paint that was waisted painting the shutters. It was our fault for picking that color.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Good man, I'd do the same.

Well, today has been a crap. I lost the drone I got yesterday. It was an expensive toy, but I learned something and it was an omen.

Justin has an expire date of six months. I know things were going south but I kept pushing forward. Can't imagine looking at trying to get to 39 as a goal, fortunately he doesn't know.

We're still going forward to building a deck that will accommodate the lift I found so that can get him out of the house for however long it can be accomplished. Life, at time, sucks.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Sorry about the drone. Did you crash it or get it in a tree?

That's terrible that Justin only has six months. It's best that he doesn't know in my opinion. I think with you building the deck and all that it might keep his hope up.

My dad recently had to go to a retirement home and according to my sister he's not doing good. I'm going to look into flying there the beginning of September to see him and help her by fixing some stuff in his house. His kitchen faucet needs replaced and the bathroom needs some work before it can be sold. I'm not sure what else. If I had more time I'd gut and rewire the house. It's old and still has the old screw in fuses.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Wow, the last place I had with screw fuses was my first place.

Yes, the news sucks. We're still going ahead with the lift and deck. Economically, it makes no sense, however, I'll go the last mile.

I've never gone through this with someone so young and with all the other stuff going on. It really sucks.

The only positive is that his cousin, my live-in's, son, makes it easier to talk about those issues.

Reactions: hittman

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I'm assuming it's planted in one of the evergreens. I didn't see where it was when it disappeared as I was trying to hit the kill button, as if it mattered. I stepped off the distance to the trees and it was a good double the distance the controller communicated. One of the big differences between the toy drones and the gps equipped ones is that once communication is lost, they just keep flying off. It can happen on the more advanced ones also but that's either a malfunction or not doing the pre-flight steps- compass calibration, setting the home location etc. Out of range gps drones are supposed to return to home automatically. However, like any product in the digital world, poop happens.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Well, I spent about four hours disassembling the steps and landing at the house in Delaware that I'm buying the Wheelchair lift from. The woman's daughter (29) came out and had a fit that I was taking everything apart without bring a cashier's check with me to pay for the lift. I just told her that if I leave without doing the disassembly, I wouldn't be back on Sunday to take the lift. After she digested that for a moment I said look, do you really think I came all this way to do something that really wasn't my responsibility in buying the lift, and will spend the next several hours laboring at it for fun?

I did screw up, I had said I'd bring a $500 personal check that she could hold until Sunday and I'd give her the cashier's check to replace it then. However in gathering all the stuff I might have needed for the disassembly, I left the check sitting in the LR. Anyway the work got done in the very hot, enclosed porch. I should have sweated a few pounds off.

The ride home convinced me that I retired just in time. I hit massive traffic and I left her place at 2:30. Can't imagine what traffic is like when it really gets busy.

It took me an extra hour on a 1 1/2 morning trip. I was tired and hungry and stopped when I got close to home for food and drink (emphasis on drink). I couldn't have sat for longer than 10 minutes when the phone rang, it was the live in. In a matter of less than five days, the six months was changed to six weeks. All this work and expense and he may be lucky to use any of it.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    That's terrible. How could the doctors be that far off?

The painters finished my house and I think it looks pretty good.

aa9b3240272b5db19421f6d816a7c86e.jpg

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    If I were to guess, the nurse that said 6 months, either got the wrong information or wanted the doctor to break the news in the scheduled Friday meeting. She was there to bring in hospice, which I knew wasn't good since he had an MRI the previous week.

I think you're right, it looks awesome! Mice color combination.

firechick

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2009
    Upstate New York
    We have a large firepit in the side yard, a garden, and a small pasture. We run chainsaws and woodchippers and other gas powered equipment on a regular basis. And worst of all....we fly the colors on a tall pole right in front of the house and in the summer we fly both the Navy and the Corps flags off the front porch. From what I have seen on the news, that would have a homeowner's association so far up our rear ends that we'd need a doctor and a lawyer to get them removed. :)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I got my insurance bill in the mail from State Farm. I've been with them since 1992 and I'm not happy. Since the daughter of our agent took over the office it's been one mistake after another. This time they didn't get the paperwork sent in for my daughter's good student discount. I raised hell with them the last time this happened. My wife and I agree that it's time to go out for quotes.

Users who are viewing this thread