What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

ECFadmin

Administrator
Admin
Aug 7, 2014
Original thread :
What's under your lip/in your nose right now?

Copy of first post of original thread by olderthandirt December 16, 2009 :

More folks are finding out about the use of smokeless tobacco products as a means to augment vaping in the quest to either stop smoking or remain smoke free.

Tropical Bob has been the voice around here when it comes to trying alternate methods of remaining smoke free so as always...

Thanks T Bob!

Whole idea behind this thread is to simply cite the snus or chew or snuff you are using at the time you post.

IMHO the benefit of a thread like this to those new to smokeless as well as those who've been at it for awhile is that it provides a way to get a quick scan of actual manufacturer names and brands to consider trying.

Simple post or elaborate, let's see what happens! I'll start it off...

Last edited by a moderator:

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
The hard part is giving up the only two days you get off. Sunday after I finished rounding up the leafs in the yard for what seemed like the 50th time this fall, my wife suggested we go into to town to get some groceries and have dinner. I flat out refused. I was just burned out and wanted so badly to just sit, watch some mindless show on TV, and veg. Luckily I married a smart woman and she understood. She packed up the boys and gave me a couple of hours of pure silence. God, I love that woman. Being a nurse, she works twelve hours shifts, three days a week. So she gets that down time a couple days a week while the boys are at school. She knew I needed some "alone" time to recharge. I could see doing some odd jobs on Saturday, but Sunday, the Lord said take a break and who am I to argue with the guy who gave us light? :)

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I've noticed that film you're talking about on my car windshield. My only concern with going to a 70pg/30vg is if my rta's will leak easier.

Well hitt...Life is often a careful balancing act...

Cleaner windshield, home windows and TV screens...vs....possibility of leaking RTA's...

[70PG/30VG or 30PG/70VG...either way you win...because you're still no longer smoking cigarettes...:headbang:]

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Less than 36 hours after delivery, the second load of pallet firewood is stacked and ready for the winter. Now all I need to split the rounds that I started before the yellow jacket attack and load the woodshed. I'm getting too old for this stuff. At least the yellow jackets have been vanquished.
Firewood 2018 small.jpg

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
The solution Trump has been selling, the combo of hydroxychloroquine and the antibiotic called azithromycin, is being used more and more as the go to where the idiots are stopping the doctors because it hasn't gone through the FDA's "safe and effective" hoops.

More and more doctors are reporting the success they've had and some are using it themselves as a preventative. I say when you're up to you .... in alligators you shouldn't be worrying about draining the swamp.

Unless they find an effective treatment in the near term, this is going to be a long term issue until the FDA gets around to giving their blessing. I'll tell you one thing, if I come down with it, I'm going to be demanding that combo and I'll use the abortion rights slogan, "my body, my choice".

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Looks like my snus order is set to be delivered today. Says it still requires an adult signature, curious to see if that will be the case today with the current circumstances. This order should last me the rest of the year and save me a chunk of money. Time to make room in the freezer.

Seems some hardcore Michigan gardeners rose up against the system yesterday in Lansing. I didn't pay much attention but it was all over the news. Didn't look like they were practicing safe distancing but I guess they got their message across. Won't change anything but I'm glad they got a chance to get out of the house, possibly get infected, and take it home to their families. Idiots...

In better news, my body control module for the wife's vehicle showed up yesterday. It's been sitting for almost two weeks now since I replaced the power steering pump. Wouldn't start afterwards, had it towed to a shop that wanted $700 to fix it, had it towed back home, and bought a new one online for $200. Took me all of ten minutes to unplug the old one and install the new one. Turned the key and it fired right up. Back to having two cars and it saved me some cash. My little victory...

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Well there was no signing required. The UPS guy just walked it up to the porch, asked me my name and set it down. I asked about signing but he said that they are not letting people touch the scanners these days which makes sense. 4 rolls in the freezer and no more hunting around gas stations for a while. Heck I haven't had to put gas in my car in three weeks to visit a station anyway. Kind of wish I did, we're at $1.10 a gallon right now. Twenty bucks would fill my car up with cash left over. The wife's car has a 30 gallon tank. I remember a few summers ago putting a $100 in and not even filling it. Crazy these days...

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
South Central PA
Well, I got some Thunder Frosted Ultra Dry White.
I should probably go sit down for a little. EDIT; Not really.

Frankly, it's not very good. About the same as any other frosted V2 offering. I'm not impressed.

The nicotine level doesn't really seem as high as reported either. I believe it claims 46 or 47 mg/g. So that's the equivalent of jamming 6 portions of General Mint in your mouth at once. Seems extreme? I tried two at once this morning after no nicotine for 12 hours or so. I did not vomit, I did not feel dizzy, I didn't even get a buzz.

Now, it could be said that I am a hardcore nicotine addict and I doubt anyone would refute that. I thought after 12 hours that two portions at once would have put me on the floor. Not the case.

Does it have a higher than average nicotine content? Surely. Is it vomit inducing, vertigo causing, falling over dead potent? No way.

Naturally this will differ for everyone. I typically snus sterk and extra sterk portions mixed in with standard stuff and the occasional bit of los when the spirit leads. My go to recently has been the Lab 12 Strong Mint with Skruf Tranbar and Slim Fresh Hylleblomst to mix it up. I also have one cigarette a week. Still one too many, but I'm down from a pack every twelve hours, so I'm going the right direction.

The moral of the story? Life is too short to waste time and money on mediocre snus.

Frankly I'd rather go with Oden's Extreme Dry White Cold. Sure the alleged nicotine levels are half of the ultra stuff, but it's better snus.

EDIT; Frosted Ultra White Dry is 42 mg/g.

Last edited:

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
All this talk about snuff made me dig some of mine out for a few pinches. I think sometimes the body just says, Ok enough snus, enough vaping, give me something different. It's amazing how quick and smooth snuff works. But just like that, I'm done with it until the next time you guys bring it up. ;)

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
I second that.

We got news a few days ago that GM is moving light duty truck production from an assembly line in Mexico and giving that volume to us in Flint. Thumbs up for American jobs!

And then news we have 42 scheduled Saturday's next year. Goodbye life, nice knowing ya :(

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
Thanks for the heads up on the SnusCentral sale. I missed the email apparently.

Ordered two rolls of Mint and a roll of the Grov White that was 10+5. I tossed the mint sampler pack in as well since I haven't tried or like the contents.

Still super busy in my neck of the woods. Working 6 days kills all the free time. Getting good and ahead on the bills with all the overtime money though, so it's not entirely bad.

For mothers day, all my mom wanted in lieu of gifts was two spruce trees cut down. The little one (~8 inch diameter) went down easy, but the big one (~18 inch) only had two options when it came down. It was either going into the road or into the house, with a natural lean toward the house. Thankfully the wind was blowing toward the road so I climbed up and tied a rope around it, cut it halfway and my brother pulled it down with my truck. The road my mom lives on frequently has 10 minute gaps in traffic most times so we weren't blocking traffic while he drug it around the corner.

Best part of the whole thing was my brothers girlfriend freaking out, face in her hands the while time etc. She grew up in a well to do family in the suburbs of Grand Rapids and isn't accustomed to seeing country folk taking care of business.

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
Long time no see!

Just got back from the honeymoon and it's back to the daily grind.

Had a wonderful time up in the Adirondacks. Fresh air and tranquility for a week was a nice change of pace. We stayed at a camp that one of the members here works at as an innkeeper. It was cool to meet a fellow ECF member.
85eb8ff30d86a6e3edae80bf48ffbdd3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Figured I'd update my signature since I basically forgot when I quit smoking. Looks like I'm coming up on five years which I find amazing. I really liked smoking and thought I'd never quit. Took a doctor scare to get me to reconsider and research vaping. Then it took me finding you guys to get me over the hump and try snus to drop the last couple of cigs that I couldn't seem to shake. Couldn't have done it without snus, you guys, and some smart Swedish sumsabiches!

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
Thought I'd share some photos and the story of the early "Christmas present" my wife and I received last weekend. I'm a history nerd so I love this kind of stuff.

20171217_211720.jpg 20171217_211658.jpg

Here's the 1945 Mosin Nagant M44 carbine that my wife's great grandfather sent back from the Korean war. He acquired it after defending a railway supply depot from an attack and picked it up off an opposing soldier. When he got back to South Korea he dropped it off with a local gunsmith to have it chrome plated and the stock coated and inlaid before sending it back home. Sadly, he beat the rifle home when he was shipped back to the States to attend his twin brothers funeral who was KIA in Korea. After the war it was displayed in his home for many years before he gave it to his oldest daughters oldest son as a graduation gift. Unfortunately he had no interest in it and it was left in his mothers basement for a few decades until my wife's grandfather found it and acquired it. He greased and oiled the crap out of it to try to stop the decay but it sat in a basement again for another decade.

Of the three grandchildren, my wife was the only person with any tangential interest in it since I'm a bit of a gun nut, so it's been passed down to us. Despite years of neglect it's in surprisingly good condition, especially being totally numbers matching and complete with the bayonet. It hasn't been fired since the last shot of the Korean soldier that wielded it in 1950. The Soviets built some durable weapons for sure.

I'm in the process now of restoring the metal parts. The chrome plating has come off a lot of the externals, but it has protected the metals quite a bit. The ejector was the worst of it being rusted into the receiver, but I freed it and it's a very low cost to replace. The chamber and barrel have surface rust but no pitting that I can detect. After I get it cleaned up fully I'll take it to a gunsmith to make sure it's fully safe to operate if my wife decides she wants to take a few shots with it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread