• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Why YOU should not order from FastTech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
Good, the title has got your attention.

fasttech is a company based in mainland China next to Hong Kong in one of the major electronics producing cities in China, Shenzhen.
This is far far away from where you live.

If you order from FT, they will either have the goods in stock or order them in from a factory nearby, this may take a few days.
They will then ship them to a postal company in nearby Hong Kong, usually HK Post or Singapore Post, this may take a few days.
The postal service will then submit the parcel to the Hong Kong customs authority to be cleared for export, this may take a few days.
If you ordered ~$15 of goods you will be using free air shipping (if you order less and don't pay a dollar upgrade it goes by slow boat)
The shipping is free worldwide, this means you are low priority, your shipment goes on a plane when there is free space after the paid parcels are loaded, this may take a few days.
Your parcel then lands in your country where it is submitted to your country's customs authority to be cleared for import, if you order over a certain amount (US~$200, UK~£30) you may be liable for import duty, this is your responsibility not fasttech's.
The parcel is then handed to your country's postal service for delivery to you.

Orders can take from a week to a month to arrive with you, the average seems to be about two weeks.

If you are concerned about your parcel taking upto a month to arrive then you should consider paying extra and buying your goods in your own country.

If you are still considering using fasttech after reading the above then it's good news, you can get cheap branded liquids (eg Dekang, Hangsen and Liqua who between them supply the vast majority of the worlds eLiquid, Dekang alone supply over half), you can get cheap generic products (often called clones), you can get cheap branded originals (If FastTech use the manufacturers name in addition to the product name, it is a genuine branded product).

FastTech seem to have a decent warranty on their products (also a US returns address) however it may take their customer service several days to reply to any query.

TLDR: You can get it cheap OR you can get it fast, you need to decide what's important to YOU before you order. I see many people here wanting to take advantage of the low prices you can get ordering direct from China and then complaining that their goods are slow in arriving.

Last edited:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
You do realize almost ALL e-cig products CAME from China (in one capacity or another)...the "resellers" are just extensions of the Chinese market...with a markup for being the "middleman" of course

The EXTRA you are paying is the cost of "convenience" because they have the item ON HAND...they still have to ship it to you (unless you go to a local vape shop) ;)

Last edited:

fooey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
chicago
I bought a cheap 1300mah regular generic ego for $7 it stopped working after a couple of days. I emailed their support and they had me ship it to their us mailing address and show proof of postage. They gave me store credit next day and reimbursed the shipping too. Not bad imo. Going to give them a second shot and buy a 1300 mah ego twist and a mechanical. Quality might suck but i like their return policy

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

OzarkTroutBum

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Ozarks
And after you buy from FastTech write a REVIEW on the site and pay it forward.

With thousands of unbranded products most of the time a review or even a forum discussion is all people have to go by before they pull the trigger. The staff at FastTech doesn't have the time or the expertise to accurately describe each item.

Remember when writing reviews the next guy cares about fit, finish and whether or not you think its of good quality for the amount of money you paid for that item.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Always calculated the waiting period as part of the cost of doing business with china. Was surprised when my first order, not from fast tech but from china, was in my vapebox in 2 weeks from placing. At least Price Angles had china tracking so you could watch your order go through all the stages from order filled to customs to outgoing then to country of destination. At that point could track through USPS tracking. But lately have been experiencing delays in sort facilities and shipments trying to be delivered to the wrong city, with USPS. Everyone is fallible some of the time.

Harlen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Charlotte Nc
Hi all
For me I don't mind it taking longer to get here .
I get my things from HDGate.com
With all buying from China you must look at the stats of the comp your getting it from.
For me I'm cheep , from what I got and what I sold on eBay my things have ben free lol did I tell you all I'm cheep lol
Had great luck
It's better to get 3 or 5 of some thing keep what you will need get rid of the rest

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Good thread .. I'll only add that, although I know the vast majority of our hardware and much of the liquid does come from China, I prefer to buy from a USA based American owned business .. even if it costs a bit more .. not necessarily for the speed of delivery, but because I like to support our USA businesses ..

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I've been ordering from Fasttech and have yet to receive a defective product. When I order I realize that I'll have to wait a while, but on the other hand I've saved 50% on batteries and some other items by buying from them.

I think it's brilliant that they have a return facility in the U.S., it shows a commitment to service.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
Good thread .. I'll only add that, although I know the vast majority of our hardware and much of the liquid does come from China, I prefer to buy from a USA based American owned business .. even if it costs a bit more .. not necessarily for the speed of delivery, but because I like to support our USA businesses ..

And I prefer to support my own finances rather than pay someone to order stuff from China for me, it's good that we all have options and can do our own thing.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
And I prefer to support my own finances rather than pay someone to order stuff from China for me, it's good that we all have options and can do our own thing.

Perhaps someday in the near future, our only choice will be ordering from China .. and then we can help support their economy instead of our own fully .. and the small businesses that helped grow this industry will be gone, along with the jobs they have created and their own livelyhoods ..

Lest you misconstrue my original post, it's not a matter of paying someone to order from China for me .. it's instead helping support the Country that has helped make me successful .. and the willingness to let other Citizens share some success ..

And, I'll add .. when we smoked analogs and dropped some real money on those, the finances were secondary to the addiction ..

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
Perhaps someday in the near future, our only choice will be ordering from China .. and then we can help support their economy instead of our own fully .. and the small businesses that helped grow this industry will be gone, along with the jobs they have created and their own livelyhoods ..

Lest you misconstrue my original post, it's not a matter of paying someone to order from China for me .. it's instead helping support the Country that has helped make me successful .. and the willingness to let other Citizens share some success ..

And, I'll add .. when we smoked analogs and dropped some real money on those, the finances were secondary to the addiction ..

I don't see how paying a retailer a mark up on Chinese goods compared to keeping the money myself to spend on other things locally benefits my local economy more. If you want to charitably donate cash to middlemen to "share some success" then that is indeed your choice, however a forum dedicated to buying from China is not perhaps the best place to try and gain converts.

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
If U really want to help America, buy American made products that have companies that actually manufacture and sell their own products...and tell your Congressman to quit approving the sales of companies to foreign countries and "outsourcing"...and tell him to provide assistance to those that have no insurance and need some GOOD real job growth in your area.....some guy making $8 an hour selling Chinese made products, especially in a vape shop with no bennies, is not really helping America's economy...and if ppl believe it is then I have land in Afghanistan they can buy too....

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
I don't see how paying a retailer a mark up on Chinese goods compared to keeping the money myself to spend on other things locally benefits my local economy more. If you want to charitably donate cash to middlemen to "share some success" then that is indeed your choice, however a forum dedicated to buying from China is not perhaps the best place to try and gain converts.

Seems to me it's the perfect place .. And I'm not charitably donating .. I'm helping support a small USA Business .. please take the time to read what I'm writing instead of jumping to some conclusion ..

OzarkTroutBum

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Ozarks
Seems to me it's the perfect place .. And I'm not charitably donating .. I'm helping support a small USA Business .. please take the time to read what I'm writing instead of jumping to some conclusion ..

I'm pretty much in the same boat with the other guys. This whole "buy American" idea falls flat and is misguided when you are talking about imported products.

With the cash I save buying closer to the source I spend a little with the USPS and help them, spend a little at the vape shop and help him, spend a little at the Dairy Queen and help them and so on and so on. So vape shop guy gets a share, he just doesn't get all of it and instead of him getting to spread it around, I get to do it.

What we do is no different than what you do, we just prefer to spread it around ourselves.

Reactions: Fillimena
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread