Woodvils finish pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
My limiting factor on my Grands seems to be the pushbutton. I melted one to where it stuck to the firing pin and a second one seems to be doing the same. I clean and dioxit my contacts weekly, and sometimes more often. My springs are always just fine.
I can dead short a grand and it barley touches the button I have done this over and over with the same button just to see how well it handles it . What ohm are you running ?

sjoat

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2011
Earth
Not yet I almost did this run but I no most people want the side button . It would have been ten times easier to do a button on the top

Damn.. I think top would be excellent, guess I'm not most people

I'm not even complaining. I was curious because I've now ordered one of these woods, but I've never used a side button before. Gonna be interesting

edit: I do get why most people prefer a side button on the woods though. So many variations with these mods - you got a market of people that will want one of each variation until the end of time :)

Last edited:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on either 25 or 65 and am wondering what kind of care poly needs? I really have no idea.
Very little and less than the oil I believe with the exception of the inside which needs attention of both oil and poly.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
My limiting factor on my Grands seems to be the pushbutton. I melted one to where it stuck to the firing pin and a second one seems to be doing the same. I clean and dioxit my contacts weekly, and sometimes more often. My springs are always just fine.

Even with the newest buttons thst came out with the new gold contacts? Those were not supposed to melt.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
You guys... there are still over 140 woodvilles available.
Including [HASHTAG]#242[/HASHTAG].
Hey Rob, are the woodville springs different than the metal springs?

I can pick out 2 or 3 that you can buy me! ;)

They aren't gona last long.. just means more people will eventually find this site and pee themselves when they see they can own a woodville!

RobbieVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2015
Bristol - England
You guys... there are still over 140 woodvilles available.
Including [HASHTAG]#242[/HASHTAG].
Hey Rob, are the woodville springs different than the metal springs?

The woodvils have their own springs, the metal box springs are not compatible. The springs are on the site also for sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
The woodvils have their own springs, the metal box springs are not compatible. The springs are on the site also for sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I saw the woodville springs, and I assumed they must be different, otherwise Rob would just have said to use the metal spring. They look the same, though, which is why I asked.

Reactions: Debadoo

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
That's how wood can be - Cherry has a broad range of colors...

Can anyone explain why 152 and 254 appear to be different hues almost, but they're the same wood? I located them both on the 'group photos' and they looked more similar - could it be just camera angle/lighting?

Reactions: Debadoo

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I can pick out 2 or 3 that you can buy me! ;)

They aren't gona last long.. just means more people will eventually find this site and pee themselves when they see they can own a woodville!
I'm glad there are so many left for all the folks that missed out on last nights maddness. I just wish there weren't so many that I still want!

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Very little and less than the oil I believe with the exception of the inside which needs attention of both oil and poly.

Thank you unsure. That's what I assumed, but wasn't sure. Glad I went with poly. #65 is mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread