“E-cigarettes popularity sparks debate” [Canada, CBC News]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ardelleg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Alaska
From the article: She said too much is unknown about e-cigarettes.
"I have heard stories, and I've read some things where because it's unregulated, people who are heavy smokers and have to have the fix, can actually poison themselves through nicotine toxicity by using the cigarettes with nicotine too frequently," Walls told CBC News.

Well, I have heard stories and read some things where even though it is regulated people are dying from smoking.

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
From the article: She said too much is unknown about e-cigarettes.
"I have heard stories, and I've read some things where because it's unregulated, people who are heavy smokers and have to have the fix, can actually poison themselves through nicotine toxicity by using the cigarettes with nicotine too frequently," Walls told CBC News.

Well, I have heard stories and read some things where even though it is regulated people are dying from smoking.

And if she's heard a story of anyone actually doing themselves any particular harm with an ecigarette, I think I'd like to see her sources. Cause I have heard of no such thing.

Best,
Ande

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
Quote "One of the ingredients for one vapour-only cigarette is propylene glycol — found in toothpaste, deodorant and anti-freeze. It's a skin irritant, said Walls, that may cause liver and kidney problems."--

Let's completely ignore it's in food and inhalers! Ya lady spin it!.... -_- Give me a break Canada.

Another without saying it... but basically saying "We would rather you inhale carcinogens and die quicker. There's too many people on our Medi-Care! Don't be greedy, die off quicker!"

Where is the approved healthy tobacco cigarette????

roadkillstewie

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2012
Spring
the proper approach is to reply with a calm and detaield letter that details the other common products things such as CG are used in, in a similar manner. Point out, as Sweaner(sp?) does...that yes there is potential for risk, but is it worse than cigarettes and in all this testing why are they done seperately instead of being compared directly to what is produced by cigarettes.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
This part is actually true to some extent...

One of the ingredients for one vapour-only cigarette is propylene glycol — found in toothpaste, deodorant and anti-freeze. It's a skin irritant, said Walls, that may cause liver and kidney problems.

But only if drink a very large quantity of it.

The amount we get on a daily basis through vaping is not even remotely an issue in this regard.
And to refer to this as an potential issue is nothing more than a scare tactic.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Are E-cigarettes "Safe"? laughing.gif
It's never going to end

E-cigarettes are no longer "something new" that few have never heard about.
My experience is that many today...take for granted that E-cigs are safe and
if for no other reason than they are safer than smoking tobacco.

It's not like no one knows how to find Google and depends on government agencies
to tell them what they should do and shouldn't do.

Articles questioning the safety of E-cigarettes and debating this and that will always
be with us. However, as time goes on...fewer and fewer people are paying any attention.

Those unfamiliar with the subject will Google It

The days of the FDA's WAR to BAN E-cigarettes is in the past

I (like other here) surf our forum "E-cigarettes in Public". The stories there are different
today than years ago...No one is going to E-smoking jail or even being threatened with
going to E-smoking jail.

I'm not saying that the war is over and we can drop our guard or we should not still rally to
"calls to actions" ....What I am saying is...Sometimes we need to stop and take a look back
and acknowledge how far we have come in the last few years. We need to pat ourselves
on the back for the victories we have won. We need to acknowledge that times have changed
and the public at large is no longer as concerned about E-cigarettes as they once were.

Eric A. Blair

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2011
Democratic Peoples Republic of NJ
You guys and gals who posted on that thread kicked the big gubmint tax revenue and big pharma NRT profit up anddown the sidewalk for public amusement! And you educated a lot of normal citizens in the process.

The truth shall set you free! I promise to be on these external threads and post in the future.

I have 4th degree black belt in the martial art of Hu Flung Poo. But I couldn't have done any better. Great job.

It's a PR war vs Big Pharma and Big gubmint and all we have is our wits and the truth. I like our odds.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
You guys and gals who posted on that thread kicked the big gubmint tax revenue and big pharma NRT profit up anddown the sidewalk for public amusement! And you educated a lot of normal citizens in the process.

The truth shall set you free! I promise to be on these external threads and post in the future.

I have 4th degree black belt in the martial art of Hu Flung Poo. But I couldn't have done any better. Great job.

It's a PR war vs Big Pharma and Big gubmint and all we have is our wits and the truth. I like our odds.
Well...Thanks so much for your kind words

Its rewarding to hear postings on the Net have a positive impact
helping to off-set the mis-information and lies
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread