【GIVEAWAY】Share your Story to Win LUXE II----When did you start vaping? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
Winners announcement!
Thank you for your support and your stories.All of your stories are very great and touched.
Thank you all for willing to share your stories to us.

Two winners are as follows:
@dreamvaper
@La_Navidad

What's more ,we decide to give Xros to @chanelvaps and @rosesense as a special gift, since their stories are very touched for us.Thanks for their sincerity.

@chanelvaps and @rosesense please contact me.
Congratulations!Please contact me asap.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Vapers,

For most people, they start vaping for different reasons.

One of our customers once talked to us, he used to be an introverted boy. He started vaping at the age of 28, a friend recommended a vaping product to him. The first time he vaped he was shocked by the amount of the cloud, he thought it was amazing. Then he started to learn the skills of vaping. Now he is a very good vaper and often shows his vaping skill to his friends. Because of vaping, he knows a lot of new vaping friends.

Vaporesso has been discussing how to provide users with a better vaping experience. Now we want to know your stories and see what we can do.

Please share your story to us in the comment section, when and why did you start vaping?

We know many of you are good at vaping now and know many skills of vaping. So we choose our new product LUXE II as the gift for this event.

LUXE II is a vaping product that not only suitable for the starter but also suitable for the advanced vaper. With AXON CHIP and NRG-S Tank, it can provide you large cloud and constant throat hit. For more details, please click here.

Follow us and share your story in the comment section, we will choose the top 2 comments with the highest likes as the winners. The prize is one LUXE II for each winner.

Simple to enter:
  1. Follow us and Comment below when did you start vaping and why?

2. You must be the legal age in your country to enter.

3. Event time: September 11 to September 18

4. Winners will be announced on September 18
    upload_2020-9-11_17-13-8.png

Last edited:

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I started vaping because I was a slave to a tobacco habit that I desperately wanted to escape from. I knew that smoking was killing me but my multiple attempts to quit had all ended in failure. I tried my first vape, a light bulb went off over my head and I realised that this was the way forward. It took a few years and lots of experimentation to find that vape/s that now after 10 years is still keeping me tobacco free.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I smoked for 23 years. Both of my parents had COPD and I knew it was in my future if I didn't make a change. I had tried zyban, gum, lozenges, and even self hypnosis to try to quit but nothing worked. In 2009 I saw a short story on the local news about this new device called an e-cigarette that people were using. I got online, found this forum and ordered two 510 cigalike kits. I didn't quit right away and it took me a while to ween off of cigarettes. It's hard to believe how the vaping experience has changed over the last 11 years thanks to companies like Vaporesso that keep improving the technology to make our experience better.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    I went to the DR in 2011 because I could not breath good. He told me I had COPD, I was given 2 different inhalers and he told me about the ecig and said "you can get flavors like chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. He told where a local shop was. I went and bought an ego stick and a small bottle of liquid. I made myself go to the end of my driveway if I wanted a cigarette but allowed myself to suck on the ecig in the house. It worked for me and I found myself only going to the end of the driveway about 1-2 times a day at first, eventually not at all. I smoked for 40ish years and had a drawer full of patches and nic gum from unsuccessful attempts. I sort of ignored the fact that smoking was making me sick because I was so addicted.
    Been off cigs for almost 9 years and never felt better. My last spirometry test in 2019 and I no longer qualify for the diagnosis of COPD, so now I have the diagnosis of chronic bronchitis (and haven't had that in over 5 years)

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    I started vaping in 2010 to stop 33 years of smoking It wasn't easy for me but I was able to stop totally in 1 month or so. Before vaping I would wake up with congested lungs and had the smoker's cough and severe mucous. I was frantic because I was on my way to a Emphysema diagnosis. I already had severe bronchitis at that time. In addition, my lungs were compromised. Flash forward-10 years later..No adventitious sounds-lungs clear and I no longer have respiratory issues.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 28, 2009
    New Bedford, MA
    My story is a very simple one.
    Back in 2009 the US Gov't decided to tax loose tobacco the same as pre-rolled cigarettes resulting in the price doubling. I started searching for ways to avoid the "sin" tax like ordering from overseas. One tobacco site had an ad for e-cigarettes and I was intrigued. A few hours of research and a visit to ECF made me decide to give it a shot. I ordered a Joye 510 kit due to reviews I read. First few days were pretty rough going but after around 10 days, I simply forgot to smoke. I never looked back.
    Sometime this month will be my 11 year vapiversary. :thumb:

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    My mother smoked and I hated the smell so much that I nagged her constantly about it. I remember making her roll down all the windows in the car and I even tried holding my breath to keep from smelling it/breathing it. I was an ocd/phobic child and I didn't want to breath someone's smoke. It may be hard for some to believe but at that time, smoking was 'cool' and the norm. Everyone smoked, everywhere...Dr office, stores, in everyone's home. I still remember the taste from my first dentist's hands when he cleaned my teeth as he was a heavy smoker.

As I got older, I figured if you can't avoid it, try it so I did..at age 10 and a few other times as a teen. Still hated it so didn't really take it up. Then at age 17, I got married...you guessed it, to a heavy smoker. I again tried to join him just to survive but it didn't take and neither did the marriage.

I didn't smoke again until I was 24, was teaching cosmetology and the classroom was also the breakroom. It was always a haze of smoke and I again tried smoking as a way to cope with it. My mother had always been able to stop whenever she wanted for great lengths of time and I thought I could do the same. I eventually became addicted of course, so even though I hated the smell, I kept smoking. I never liked the taste of it, either. I am ashamed to say, I smoked during my third pregnancy and around my baby who developed asthma.

Fast forward to age 58. I could hardly breathe and I knew it was killing me but I couldn't stop. I had lozenges, gum (they stayed in a drawer and I never used them cause of the taste), self hypnosis, behavioral therapy, cold turkey...nothing worked.

One day an ad popped up on my screen about an ecig and smoking anywhere. That intrigued me so I checked it out, did research and found Volcano. I ordered a kit with extras and bought more cigs 'just in case'. I remember vividly trying it the first time. I went out on my porch in the early morning so no one would see me or know what I was doing. The first puff, I said "this could actually work" and I cut down on smoking right away. I had a malfunction with the kit so bought another pack of cigs, found ecf and ordered a 401 kit. Of course, being the person I am, as long as I had cigs, I was going to smoke them so when that pack was gone, I told myself no more. Instant panic attack until I told myself it is no big deal. If you wake in the middle of the night and absolutely must smoke, the store is just around the corner and is open all night.

I made it through and never bought another pack,nor did I ever smoke again. That was January 2010 and I am so grateful to ecigs and being able to be a non smoker.

For the longest time (and still sometimes) I would dream I was smoking again and would wake up in a panic.What an addiction that can grip so hard and take control of one's thoughts/lives. Now the gov wants to take it away for their own gain. I will never give them one penny more of my money and so have stocked up accordingly.

Sorry to be so long winded, I usually don't post much about myself. Great to read everyone's stories and good luck to all in the dooming times. Thank you @Vaporesso_Chelsea for this awesome contest. I love Vaporesso and have a bunch but no Luxe, yet. :wub:

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I started vaping 9 years ago to stop smoking and to save money. I am very good at vaping by making my own juices and rebuilding coils. A lot of the time, I can vape where smoking is not allowed. Unlike the fellow mentioned, I tend to be private about my vapes, keeping it on the down low. ;)

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Eleven years ago, I was only a 1/2" pod smoker, but wanted to quit. Tried chantix and that didn't work. I stumbled upon a cigalike kit at a convenience store, believing the lies about a cartridge equaling a pack of cigarettes. Nope, I went through my first cartridge in a hour. I became a dual user but fortunately found ECF and learned about better equipment. I was able to easily quit smoking, the gradually reduced my nicotine levels to 0mg. I then gave up vaping for a couple of years. A 0mg disposable bought on a whim at a truck stop got me back onto vaping. The disposable only lasted an hour but I went to the convenience store and bought a cigalike. The following day, I went to a vape shop and bought an eGo and some juice. I bought more eGos but pretty soon I want more clouds and began my foray into sub-ohm vaping. I've also learn how to DIY juice.

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    My story, such as it is, really began only this past March. i'd been using cartridge e-cigarettes for a few years to help me through a workday; they kept me sane(ish) but never really satisfied. About a year ago, having heard the wonders of CBD, i got a pod kit for vaping that. i'd asked the vape shop clerk for something small, simple, and feminine. He sold me a Nord and i thought it was clumsy, complicated, and ugly. Never gave a thought to anything more advanced.

Then i was laid off, thanks to COVID-19. All i really wanted then was to spend less money on cigarettes. The pod gave me more vapor than the cigalikes so, i thought maybe, something like it with e-liquid would be satisfying enough to keep me from smoking so much, especially while not working and stuck at home for the duration. Stores were shut down so no going back to the vape shop. Turning to the internet and researching what to get, i stumbled upon ECF, where i learned about vaping stuff i never knew existed and about the vapocalypse.

Thanks to ECF -- especially to a couple of very kind & helpful members -- combined with determination fueled by anger at how what i'd just discovered was about to be taken away, i became a real vaper.

Not quite an ex-smoker but less than 3 packs in 6 months sure ain't bad.

Here's the best part though: My daughter, a serious smoker, has also turned to vaping.
    Since i'm stocked up for life (i hope), should i be lucky enough to win a Luxe II, it will become hers.

Thanks for the giveaway!

Last edited:

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Now he is a very good vaper and often shows his vaping skill to his friends

Being a good vaper doesn't mean to be able to do vape tricks. Good vaper is an ex-smoker who quit using vaping. Never getting back to smoking and inspiring other smokers to quit/switch to vaping showing them his own example :thumb:
    Let me share an inspiring story about a "smoking to vaping journey" from my friend:

I tried quitting over the years, cold turkey, never worked...
    After being told by a doctor that he has never known anyone with bipolar disorder to quit smoking, i knew I was going to need assistance!

My switch from smoking to vaping was not an easy one., at first. It took a while til I found the right device for me, one I actually can taste my juice and found the right nic level too!!

I first tried the Njoy cigarette lookalike things. When they first came out in 2008 I think it was we used those for a couple months but kept buying cigarettes cause we couldn't always find the refills for them, or we couldn't afford a whole pack of the refills at one time and only had enough money to buy a pack of cigarettes and not enough to buy a whole pack of refill cartridges for the Njoy. If they had sold the refill cartridges in single or 2 packs as well I think they would have made more off of it.

So back to smokes for a good while and then disposable cigalike came out, tried those then pens came out. Liked those a lot better!! Bought one from a truck stop and was getting the fluid from the truck stop we liked it a lot it was a tobacco blend that was really robust good flavor 18 nicotine. But eventually stopped.... don't really know why... but went back to smoking again.

Health issues arose. Hubby had another heart attack and a quadruple bypass and we knew we had to do something to change things. We kept talking about it but we never did anything about it. Then one day I get online and start looking up vaping and I come across a forum page about vaping and I start reading the different posts. I'm like hey, if I start vaping again I'm sure I could stick with it if I have a support system like this. So I asked to join. And they accepted me. So I asked them which mod should I get. They recommended something like a stick for my first one. So I went to the vape store and I came home with an EgoOne and some tobacco flavored juice and some hazelnut flavored juice .

Next thing I knew I was buying another stick battery to put my tank from the ego on cause it would die on me and I needed a backup. And then someone from the forum (used_gear) sent me a couple free tanks to go with my new battery. I was thrilled!!
    But low and behold I was still smoking the whole time never stopped, I was dual fueling and that was my problem. I needed to stop the cigarettes completely and just do the vaping alone. Because the vaping went out the door.

Until the cough got so bad...
    What is it? Got COPD.
    You would think that when I was diagnosed with cancer April of 2017 that would have been enough to make me quit. But nooo,
    I was stupid enough to keep on smoking.
    why? Because I could still breathe.
    But when you can't breathe your opinion on things start changing.
    Nothing else seems to matter anymore when you can't breathe.
    --------
    Most of us - vapers, are ex-smokers and we know the difference with lungs/breathing and general health condition when on cigs compared to vaping - in most cases, it all improves greatly after switching to vaping. Thus I encourage all members to talk to your relatives and friends who still smoke, to make them try vaping, switch from smoking and quit ASAP.
    Stay safe and healthy :thumb:

Storm52

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 27, 2014
    Shreveport, LA
    I wasn't recovering as quickly from gall bladder surgery in late 2013. Lungs hurt and was having difficulty taking deep breaths. I smoked 3ppd KOOL for 40+ years. Saw a friend vaping in January 2014 and asked the how, why and where questions. Bought an EVOD that January and never lit another cigarette. COPD early stage diagnosed in 2011. Recent chest xray indicates no change or worsening.
    Thank you for the opportunity to win the LUXE II, and holding another great contest.

liblue1

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I first heard of e-cigs a couple of years before I quit the stinkies. A guy on the radio said they were awful, with no "smoke". I was tired of getting out of breath while walking upstairs, so in 2011 I went to you tube and saw some amazing videos with all that vape, well needless to say I was sold. Went to the local shop & picked up an eGo-w kit. Loved it except for all the problems with the batteries (wouldn't charge, Green/red lights flashing, etc...). Not to mention reading here about batteries exploding. Next got a box mod & loved it, but again the batteries (began leaking, wouldn't charge right, etc..). So within a month built a puck mod, I quit smoking with my "AAA" puck style mod boxes. I love them. Now I have many mods that I use each day....So I really began vaping January 2012.

Cigboy

Moved On
    Aug 2, 2020
    LA , USA
    • Deleted by retired1

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    I started smoking when I was 18 and it continued for 27 years. I tried quitting several times, and each time resulted in me constantly thinking of cigarettes. I'd even dream about them when I'd quit.

In March of 2014 my wife and I were getting our licenses updated at the DMV in Florida, a rather torturous 8 hours. When we came out I noticed there was a vape shop across the street. I asked my wife if she minded if we went in and checked it out, and not surprisingly she was thrilled about it. She worried constantly about my health due to smoking.

I walked out with a device, two tanks, and 3- 10ml bottles of 24mg eliquid. I was a two pack a day smoker, sometimes more. That first week after purchasing the device, I only smoked a half pack of Newports. The following week I smoked the other half, and that was the last time I ever smoked again.

Vaping made a huge difference in my health. One thing that really stands out in my faded memory, is when I would catch the flu or get sick. When I recovered from illness while smoking I would have a cough for at least 4 to 6 months after. It took such a long time for my lungs to recover and the coughing sessions were pretty nasty. Since I started vaping though, this no longer happens at all.

The difference is pretty amazing.

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand
    I have had several failed attempts (gum, patches etc) at giving up smoking and start vaping. My first go was back in the cigalike type, then again before 2013. I wanted to switch since nothing has worked before but freebase nicotine at higher mg made cough so much that I couldn't stop the cravings. I knew I had to because of prices of cigarettes and also because my family has an history of emphysema and I didn't want to me up like that.

I have to say the vaping has change over the year and finally I decided to give it another try last December. Wow, now I can actually vape and find the setup that works for me. I'm on my way to fully give up, I smoke less and less and I feel happy. Now vaping is not just a way to give up, is also a hobby and has allowed me to meet amazing people here in ECF. Fellow vapers willing to help and encourage each other all the way.

Also because companies like vaporesso (which I must say is one of your devices plus another are the one keeping me away from the stinkies) keep trying new things, advances, technology that we are able to give up way easier than back in 2009. Hat off to those that gave up back then.

Love this community :wub: and the advances in vaping that Vaporesso among others keep doing for us vapers.

Resistance

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2020
    I smoked for a very long time. My health deteriorated and I wanted to give up smoking because it controlled my life. I tried so many times to quit but, non successfully.
    Then I had a conversation with a guy and he told me to try again. I did and it worked and vaping changed my life for the better.

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    For me the transition to vaping from smoking was pretty easy compared to the other stories my fellow ECF members have shared with us.

Use to be a pack,pack and a half smoker since i was 20,use to smoke cigarettes but since the crisis i had to switch to pipe tobacco and using a machine to make my own cigarettes,just cheaper this way.

Was tired of the smell in the house,smell on my clothes and having to buy cough syrup all the time.
    Waking up in the morning was dreadful,waking up and already coughing...wasn't a pretty sight.
    On top of that i use to get colds all the time,it was really a pain in the .....

Driving one day thru town i see a new vape shop was about to be opened, parked the car and knocked on the door.
    The business shutter was halfway up,owner came out and said he opened on saturday (was thursday) so i told him i would drop by and take a peek.

Couldn't make it on saturday but i did go first thing tuesday,talked to him and told him i wanted to quit smoking.
    That was the 19th of November of 2018,will always remember that date.
    Ended up getting one of these:

kit-veco-solo-2ml-vaporesso.jpg

Nic wise i went with 6mg to start with and off i went home to charge it up and start my voyage towards a better life.

Spent about 2 or 3 months with that device but it started to feel like i needed more,so i went to the shop again and explained my situation to the owner.

Ended up getting a Swag 80w with a wasp nano,and that was huge upgrade for me.
    Was like i was watching a movie in black and white and voila then i started watching a movie in 3D,it was awesome.

Later on i lowered my nic down to 3mg and i've been vaping ever since without the need or want of a cigarette.

Only time i smoked a cigarette was when i went thru a bad break up...like apocalypse/The War of the Roses type of break up...it was ugly.

Went out that night to a friends bar and started taking shots of tequila,my swags battery ran out and i just bought a pack of cigs.

That has been the only time i smoked.

Think i've been lucky,some people tend to struggle a bit more with quitting for good.
    In my case i think it's an anxiety thing,i need the nicotine but don't miss the cigarettes,vaping fills all my needs.

Truth be told i got an anxiety problem,don't think i ever mentioned this but back when my mom was pregnant with me she had a shot of something (don't have much info about all this,hard to find out exactly what it was) so that ''thing'' she had had a small chance to alter some of my brain waves.
    Had to use google translate since i'm not a doctor but the file i got from a study i had done on me says my ''Occipital Alpha & Theta Brain Waves'' were changed by whatever what is in the shot my mother had.

I'm normal,behavior is normal and i lead a normal life but sometimes i do get a spike of anxiety,sometimes huge and sometimes just a little bit.

Learned to deal with it by using Tai-Chi and music if the anxiety is low to mild and i resort to my good ol' punching bag or going out to run if it's a really bad anxiety spike.

So really for me the substitution from cigarettes to vaping was really easy.
    I don't miss smoking,never feel the need for a cigarette and truth be told now i truly despise the nasty smell they produce.

Well that is my story,since i'm vaping my life got a whole lot better and i will stick with it until the day i die.

P.S:
    Funny story,once spent 200 euros to go to a hypnotist and quit smoking.
    Left the session and took my pack of cigarettes and my zippo lighter and threw it to an empty under construction building lot.
    Driving back home i felt the need to smoke so i stopped in a gas station and bought a pack...yeah those 200 euros i paid did JACK hahahaha

Jen Bee

ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2020
    I am an ex-smoker and honestly I thought I'd smoke until I died. I tried everything- sprays, lozenges, patches, gum. Nothing worked. I also had a couple of false starts with vaping but thankfully I found the right kit and flavour for me. It's been over a year since my last cigarette, and everyday I am thankful that I am finally free of smoking. Not coughing as much anymore in the mornings, and I don't stink of tobacco anymore

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread