【GIVEAWAY】Share your Story to Win LUXE II----When did you start vaping? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I started vaping because my husband had developed what we were told was COPD and he switched to vaping. I thought that I would never stop smoking cigarettes having tried everything and I had no intention of vaping. However my second hand smoke was a danger to his very life and I couldn't deal with that. I live in Florida and it's really hot outside most of the year and if it's not hot it's raining. So it's not exactly the kind of place that you want to go outside and have a cigarette. So he offered to purchase Vape kit for me just one of those pen style Vapes. And said he's happy to pay for it and if I like it great if I don't then I can keep smoking it's not a big deal. Had he made a big deal of it I would probably still be smoking to this very day. So I basically quit smoking and started vaping so I didn't have a hand in killing my husband.

La_Navidad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 14, 2018
    My vaping story started about 4 years ago.
    But first, a little foreword - I wasn't some kind of a hard-smoker, but I've tried to quit smoking several times, almost reached the goal, but in the end I failed everytime. The only thing I managed to do - I've switched to hookah instead of cigarettes. Yeah, I know, it is not a reasonable decision, but at least I was not smoking pack a day.
    And, finally, some day about 3 years ago I saw my friend vaping. This is it - a new start of my life.
    I've bought some simple mod (seems like it was Kanger Subox) and started vaping. Oh, good old times, tons of wire and cotton used to learn proper wicking, hours and hours of online reading to understand all the ropes. Then I've dicovered that I can mix liquids myself, choose nic amount, choose flavor, choose pg\vg - everything myself. Yes, it was good, interesting and exiting. And it still is! I've switched my wife to vape also, and she is so grateful for that.
    During this not so long vape-voyage we've seen so much, observed the evolution of vape devices - from small vapepens to mech-mods, big boxmods and, finally, to PODs of different kinds, and it still goes on! We've met new friends and started a life much more healthier.
    Now I can't imagine how people can still smoke cigarettes, with all that disgusting and stinky smell and other so-called "benefits"

Epsonikatu

ECF Veteran
    Aug 3, 2020
    Switching from a regular cigarette to an electronic one. The experience of the smoker
    Greetings!
    Today I will tell you a heartwarming story about how I quit quit, and quit Smoking at the end! I hope that my technique for throwing cigarettes will help people who want to stop poisoning themselves with carcinogens and resins!
    What does a regular cigarette hold?
    Contrary to popular belief, the terrible and terrible nicotine is far from the most harmful in a cigarette. The greatest harm to the human body is caused by carbon dioxide, resins that are formed when burning chemical-impregnated tobacco, and a huge number of carcinogens that are contained in them. Tobacco companies have long impregnated their tobacco with all sorts of chemicals designed to reduce the cost of production, as well as cause additional dependence of the smoker. A simple example, if you still smoke cigarettes, try Smoking hand-rolled cigarettes, or quality cigars, or Belomor in the end. You will be surprised, but it will be very difficult to get high on them, regardless of the fact that the nicotine content there is huge. The fact is that the tobacco is impregnated tobacco is so called accelerators of absorption of nicotine. A kind of catalyst that allows you to feel the instantaneous flow of nicotine into the blood, which in turn leads the smoker to delight, because he abruptly stops feeling nicotine hunger and the body on a subconscious level identifies it with a smoked cigarette. All this I write only because when switching to e-cigarettes, this moment can become a problem, because the e-cigarette liquid contains only purified medical nicotine and no other chemicals aimed at accelerating absorption into the blood. For this reason, in the process of vaping, the feeling of nicotine hunger does not pass immediately, but after 5-10 minutes. It is very important to understand this at the first stage of quitting Smoking!
    Mistakes you can make when switching to e-cigarettes
    Based on my own experience I can say the following: the main advantage of quitting Smoking through the transition to electronic cigarettes is that if you really want to, you can smoke an analog, and this makes this method of quitting Smoking different from any other, because if a person who keeps a couple of days without cigarettes smokes at least one, as a rule, he breaks down! Immediately, the process of switching to an electronic cigarette goes very smoothly and without severe stress for the body! Over time, Smoking analog pulls less and less, and after about half a year, it generally begins to cause disgust! And voila, you have smoothly replaced a bad habit with an almost harmless pleasant hobby!
    this is a very important nuance, when switching to electronic products, I highly recommend starting with strong nicotine in 12mg liquids and lowering the bar over time, this will facilitate the transition from analog. I have about a year, the picture turned out as follows: I started with Egoshek on 12nikatine. This allowed you to get high, and at the same time as much as possible resembled the Smoking process, due to the fact that ITS format, as a rule, has a cigarette tight draft. Then the percentage of nicotine gradually decreased, and the devices became more and more powerful. Currently, the Joyetech eVic VTC is in service in conjunction with Delta 2 and the RBA-serviced base. All this is used on liquids with 1mg of nicotine. I think in a couple of months I will give up nicotine altogether. By the way, over time, you start to steam an electronic cigarette only on the fan, i.e. it does not keep you in check as an analogue with an eternal desire to smoke.

Aristotel

ECF Veteran
  • Aug 16, 2019
    I was smoking light cigarettes for 7-8 years and I thought it is ok, like no dependence at all. The trick is you can never know how dependent you are until you try to quit. Yes I'm still dependent, but now it is a vapor with no harmful toxins. The other thing is that you can't imagine how unpleasant and irritating a smoking person can be, until you quit. Today I simply can't stand if someone is smoking by my side. Sometimes I try to explain that there is an alternative, more safe and less harmful, but most people just don't care and it is a shame.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    First of all I tried to quit smoking tobacco so many times using every method known to mankind with no success. I knew about the ( electronic cigarette ) but being pig headed I thought that would never satisfy my desire for actual smoke from a cigarette. During a doctor visit he asked if I still smoked and if so have I ever tried the ( electronic cigarette ) to which I replied those things don't work, he then told me that many of his patients have quit smoking using it. I thought nothing has worked up until now what the hell lets give vaping a try, I not only quit smoking cigarettes but was able to do it in 1 day. That was 6 years ago and I feel so much better health wise. Vaping was the only method that cured my 43 year addiction to Tobacco. The vaping industry has grown so much since then with company's such as Vaporesso making great devices that keep getting better. Many thanks to Vaporesso for this and other contest.

Nakmor Drack

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2019
    Germany
    I smoked for 15+ years until my health became so bad, that I couldn't walk around my house without terrible dyspnea and almost fainting. This pushed me to look for ways of improving my condition. I was lucky to see a man, who was making clouds out of a small thing looking like a lighter. Obviously, that was a Pod and this is how I am a big fan of Pods now.

CharlesL

ECF Veteran
  • Sep 2, 2019
    I made the switch to vaping about 1 year ago and finally managed to kick my 13 year long smoking habit. I haven't even considered having a cigarette since. Physically, I feel better in every way. My breathing has improved dramatically, my teeth are healthier, I'm not chronically coughing any more, and I don't cough up gobs of gnarly lung butter every morning. For anyone that's struggling with quitting smoking, I strongly recommend giving vaping a try.

Basilius

ECF Veteran
    Mar 20, 2020
    Siberia
    I tried vaping about three years ago. My main goal was to quit smoking and stay healthy. To be honest, I didn't really believe in the result, since other methods did not help me. The main impression of vaping was how easily and painlessly I quit smoking.
    Since then, I have completely quit smoking and enjoy vaping.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    The winning criteria for this competition is fundamentally flawed.
    Those reading this thread are almost certainly participating. Why would a participant vote for another as this is inherently self-defeating?
    Further more, how is one story of dodging death by vaping superior to another?

6uJGDtJ.gif

Xeban

ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2019
    Vietnam
    I’ve been vaping for about two years now and had tried “cig-a-likes” before but really hated them. A friend recommended that I try an ego kit and I remember being super confused about what that is lol. Went to a vape shop and they helped me to get started. Haven’t smoked a cigarette since.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
    Feb 9, 2019
    New York
    Being a good vaper doesn't mean to be able to do vape tricks. Good vaper is an ex-smoker who quit using vaping.

Why would a participant vote for another as this is inherently self-defeating?

how do we count a rainbow and a funny smile?

Do we get additional wibble points for emoticons and funny images?

It seems the rules of this contest are a bit flawed and confusing. Also, I agree that 'vape tricks' aren't necessarily a great selling point for vaping itself. I personally do not know any 'vape tricks.' What is a vape trick?

In any case, I have taken a great interest in this thread simply to read about the stories of so many quitting smoking and making great recovery in terms of health. I hope the FDA doesn't ruin everyone's momentum!

I won't bother to share my story, it's pretty asinine and shallow in comparison to others on this thread. As much as I'd love to win this mod, it looks like there are others more deserving. I just wanted to say good job to everyone who quit smoking! Everyone's a winner in my book.

Last edited:

Gordons

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 13, 2020
    Johnstone
    I started vaping to stop using cigs, cigarettes ruined up my teeth, my breath smell, my appetite, my lungs. I couldn't go up a few ladders without a flame rising up my chest. Now after vaping for at least 1 year everything turned out just fine and even better, my health peak is rising up, and I'm free of the tobacco smell that was stuck all over me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread