• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

1 week using with the stardusts.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

F_Munson

Jan 9, 2012
NL, Canada
Thanks for the info Toronto_Mike, after reading your post RE: ego c attys and the booster I had myself talked out of one. After some thought I decided to grab one as I use the ego batts for 510s, Kangers and now, my new fav, stardusts!

I just had a lovely vape of Juggys 'Swedish Pastry' in a 3 day old stardust, the flavour is improving! I'm on the fifth or sixth refill with this fairly thick VG liquid and it's the best this juice has ever tasted.

Last edited:

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
If it is that great what's with all these rebuilding talk? Why rebuild a great tank? Not all people have that kind of time and effort to rebuild something that is presumably working fine.

What am I missing?

I think some people just like tinkering around with them, not that there is anything wrong with that. lol I personally am not one to take mine apart, and I am also about a week in of using a stardust and while you seemingly "CAN" take them apart, it is not a requirement.

So in a nutshell, I don't think you are missing anything. Some people like to take 'em apart, see how they are made and some take 'em apart for cleaning. I do not think it is a requirement to disassemble for cleaning. I cleaned mine with some water and a tad vinegar just to see if it was going to be easy to clean, and it worked fine for me.

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
Folks, anyone using the visions with an ego booster? I've been using the visions for a few days now, they break in after a few hours and work splendidly. I'm curious about how they react at higher voltages as I have a booster in the mail.

I use to use it all the time. My personal fav was a 2.8 ohm Vision set at around 4.3-4.5v

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Don't have a Stardust, am not getting a stardust, but I still had to read this whole thread for one thing alone. Did no one notice, or is everyone here so Canadian that no one made mention of the fact that WhiteCloud said "oot and aboot", even if just as a joke?! :D

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Don't have a Stardust, am not getting a stardust, but I still had to read this whole thread for one thing alone. Did no one notice, or is everyone here so Canadian that no one made mention of the fact that WhiteCloud said "oot and aboot", even if just as a joke?! :D

Mr W's comments are so funny, I'm just use to it.

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC

Nah, it is more like I am from Virginny, and some folk 'round here say that all the time. LMBO

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Thanks for the info Toronto_Mike, after reading your post RE: ego c attys and the booster I had myself talked out of one. After some thought I decided to grab one as I use the ego batts for 510s, Kangers and now, my new fav, stardusts!

I just had a lovely vape of Juggys 'Swedish Pastry' in a 3 day old stardust, the flavour is improving! I'm on the fifth or sixth refill with this fairly thick VG liquid and it's the best this juice has ever tasted.

You're gonna love the booster. I got mine the same day as the Joy eGo-T kit & have been using it daily for the past 3 months. It introduced me to VV when the Lavatube were over $100/kit. I've used it with everything. It does drain the batteries faster, but the benefits outway the shorter batt life. With the exception of the eGo-C, it makes everything taste better with more vapour. It's a must have for those who want better performance with Joy or compatible Ego batteries.

I was at work when I first tried a Stardust and I didn't have the booster with me. The vapour was so low during the first minutes - I put it away. When I got home & tried it again with the booster - Bam! I was truly impressed with the Stardust.

Northernshrink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Bracebridge Ont Canada
Was it high voltage when it cracked? I am worried that my apple flavour may do the same, I also heard somewhere cinnamon can damage tanks.
Cant speak to the voltage issue but cinnamon is harsh on tanks never had one crack but completely clouded my M1a1 in about 5 minutes dumped tank before any further damage could happen. Have read of a lot of issues with cinnamon since then I personaly steer clear of it I figure if it can eat a polycarb tank it cant be doing me much good.

Not Iris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Was it high voltage when it cracked? I am worried that my apple flavour may do the same, I also heard somewhere cinnamon can damage tanks.

I have the Standard R Stardusts and I vape at around 4V. I found out that the Stardusts are the same polycarbonate as the MAP tanks, so anything acidic, like some fruits and cinnamon, will crack the tanks.

Not Iris,

You are not alone. I have a Stardust that does not like my Green Apple (DIY). Cracking lines are appearing, since I started using March 1. So last night noticed air bubbles entering the liquid as I tooted. So got the duct tape out to cover the cracks for now, just to make the Stardust last longer. I wish someone would come out with something that will take these types of juices. I might have to look into the glass instead of plastic.:unsure:

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
I placed an order with vapor geek and they tossed a lr and sr stardust in to try because I asked about them. I started with the dct though and so far loving it. placed my order the night before last, shipped yesterday, at my door today. you have to love that.

Being I've been waiting for eastmall to fix an order for over 2 months, I decided to order local.

Not Iris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Not Iris,

You are not alone. I have a Stardust that does not like my Green Apple (DIY). Cracking lines are appearing, since I started using March 1. So last night noticed air bubbles entering the liquid as I tooted. So got the duct tape out to cover the cracks for now, just to make the Stardust last longer. I wish someone would come out with something that will take these types of juices. I might have to look into the glass instead of plastic.:unsure:

Phiniac is going to be making glass tanks for us that do not like the filler cartos. Can not wait until it happens.

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
I placed an order with vapor geek and they tossed a lr and sr stardust in to try because I asked about them. I started with the dct though and so far loving it. placed my order the night before last, shipped yesterday, at my door today. you have to love that.

Being I've been waiting for eastmall to fix an order for over 2 months, I decided to order local.

I understand what your saying . I placed an order today at 10pm using EMT . 2:25 am money has been accepted and got an email that the order was shipped . I am local too but being that it is thursday at the moment I expect I will have to wait for monday but there is a slight chance I may get my order Friday . I ordered the LR stardusts so I hope they are as good as the PPL in this thread say .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread