• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

1 week using with the stardusts.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

inter_ceptor00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Minor Details
I havent tried this myself yet but I have seen threads on ECF about rebuilding the atty on these things.....it seems they are designed simply and you can wrap your own coilds and replace the old coils yourself. When the one I am using now dies i'm gonna look more into it but just something to mull over if you guys have some dead ones lying around and want to give it a shot.

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
I havent tried this myself yet but I have seen threads on ECF about rebuilding the atty on these things.....it seems they are designed simply and you can wrap your own coilds and replace the old coils yourself. When the one I am using now dies i'm gonna look more into it but just something to mull over if you guys have some dead ones lying around and want to give it a shot.

Check in the gotvapes sub forum I think I read something about rebuilding them in there the other day.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
~Huge edit here~

Ok when i am wrong i will admit it....just switched from 18mg to 12mg nic...holly hanna.....this one is starting to purr like a kitten (cmac's analogy not mine :p) If this one keeps this up....then i have to buy 2 or 3 more (which the wife said i could, but not a bigger battery.....:confused:)

Last edited:

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
I am really liking these things, after vaping my FC strawberry for about a week straight it puuurrrs like a kitten (maybe not the best reference) I get a real nice mellow flavor and lots of it...a step above the Extremes and even the V510 IMHO, I have been using mine on my EVO on green setting, and sometimes (when my evo is flashing lights at me :/) on my LT at 4.2 volts.....easy to fill and no leaking.....Love em! pimp2.gif

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
I am really liking these things, after vaping my FC strawberry for about a week straight it puuurrrs like a kitten (maybe not the best reference) I get a real nice mellow flavor and lots of it...a step above the Extremes and even the V510 IMHO, I have been using mine on my EVO on green setting, and sometimes (when my evo is flashing lights at me :/) on my LT at 4.2 volts.....easy to fill and no leaking.....Love em! View attachment 85193

I have a demonic rescue kitten to send you then :D
Also what is the secret as i am missing something i am sure....i love the V510 Vision from canvape that i got........Is there a mod your supposed too do with the wicks then that i do not know about?

Last edited:

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
thanks...you gave me a awesome idea :D I think i stuck in the old school thinking of the stink sticks.....higher the nic the better and seeing as seriously giving this a go since the end of February i have been at 18mg.....the only thing i have not changed is the that.......might on to something there then :D

shiver905

Feb 8, 2012
Hamilton
I have 2 of em one filled with watermelon n the other butterscotch.
In IMO, they are a convenient. Easy to fill NO LEAKS no mouth full of joose.

But I think they lack flavour- I just love my kanger cartos. They vape nice and warm on 4.5v/LT. The stardusts are colder and less flavourful.

Id pick the stardust over the v510.

Im using the 510-ego adaptor to fit it on the LT.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
i love how the stardust sits on the ego...i mean it does look like it was made for it.....So far running a "test" on the lower nic....or maybe it is just a matter of the juice itself, though i got it from all the same place.....not sure how that juice consistence stuff works.....could lower mg's of nic make for a less (or was it more?) dense juice? i love the v510 as well....i mean do not get me wrong, i seriously want to get the SD working groovy as i see everyone says, and am planning on getting a few more into the list of items i own :D i just got to figure out what and how to use it the way i want to....i wish ego made a pass through or higher mah batteries as auto's :D

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
I like the Stardust but does anyone else have dry hit problems?? Even with tipping the damn thing between vapes I stil get dry hits. If I could correct this I would probably love it. The flavour isn't the best I've ever tried but more than acceptable.

Could be a burnt wick giving the dry hits every time. Not too sure though. I have been dinking around with mine the last couple days, I can't get the great hits that everyone else is. I might just be spoiled with the UFS though.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
well seeing as it was said once about the stardust and myself which was Constantine you are the ONLY person known alive to screw up a stardust i have the solution for you ChellyNelly and Seaweedshark (and i have tried 5 different juices in this thing too, figured a nice easy way to clean it :p) here is what i do:
1) When i start getting dry hits, i leave it on it's side for about 30min or longer, this gets the wicks super juiced :D another thing i noticed that works (for me),
2) i do two primer pulls while tipping and wetting the wicks making sure to blow the smoke out my nose, then i super lung (buster) pull. Every time i go to use it after that i swish the juice around, dip it and vape....if i get a dry hit i do the super lung pull trick
3) i have caught myself and laughed at myself for this, but i tilt it like it is a bottle of pop, and start the pull.

These seem to work for me, but i do agree that no matter what juice i try there is a muted vape........and honestly i am so glad you both said something, as this proves this n00b (or am i still one?) is not the only one with issues....

But other then a slight muted taste (which is awesome, as there is one flavor i use on the bloog's and it is like i have been sucking a tired fire..(YUCK).....but on the SD....very nice taste

hope this helps

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I've noticed the slightest dry hit with 1 out of 3 stardusts that I'm using in rotation but it seems to be juice related - a grape from MLV - doesn't seem to matter what I put it in - it causes me to choke every now & then. I'm not 100% convinced that it's the Stardust but the first few drags are fine & then it gives a dry hit - so it might be wicking or just the juice. Like everything else I used with grape - the first day had no issues - they seemed to creep up on day 2 & 3. Still has me boggled but I won't be doing the grape thing anytime soon. I'm just trying to finish this bottle & move on to something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread