• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

1 week using with the stardusts.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
well...sadly there is good news and bad news with the stardust......the good news is in searching there are two ways to solve the dry hits.....(no not my methods)....
1) is to turn it completely up and down for about 30 seconds time and again through the day.......
2) get a 510 to 510 adapter for a ego/riva/whatever mod you have not above 3.4V (see below) this will allow for better air flow
3) is to completely rebuild the stardust with a longer wick. Now for those like me that do not know or are that comfortable with this though that is the bad news.

More bad news on the rise, which is juices that seem to have a certain sugar content react in a bad way with the polyurethane housing of the stardust, this is why it cracks...if you have a juice with a right amount of sugar in it, you will see the stardust destroy itself in a matter of second, where the housing parts that break apart will be as flimsy as a piece of paper.

vaping on anything higher then 3.4V and you are going to run into issues such as no taste, slight burnt taste in the mouth, etc.

I have not dropped or man handled my stardust, and honestly when i got it i was excited as anything, especially when it was sent to me free (for other reasons outside this conversation, but not the reasons i had thought before today) but i now have spider lines along it, and noticed it is slowly leaking out the bottom. I had thought getting a genuine ego battery of 900mah, 3.4V (3.3 under load) would help. It did kind of as i got this battery in my hands 13 hours ago and i have still not charged it, i am working off the original factory charge...

I am starting to get very agitated and aggravated with the star dust's performance, but it is good to know i did not screw it up, and honestly if it was not for the V510, i would just shelf the 900mah ego-t battery i got, and stick with the bloog's....at least THEY seem to out preform anything i ever purchased for myself

Either way, and bare in mind i am in no fashion a expert to the star dust, but i am a insomniac who has nothing better to do then look for information for myself, hope this helps, if there is any other issue i will try to help

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
What kind of juice did you use Constantine?

Personally? i use juice from Flavor Crafters (you need to sign up to see it all) And i have used Watermelon, black cherry, earl gray, strawberry, vanilla cake, Almond Ameretto, Mild tobacco, groovy grape in the SD (that i got Wednesday) and there does not seem to be no issue they also use LDPE plastic bottles. If you choose to check then out and order from them, PM me...i have something that will help ;)

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
Personally? i use juice from Flavor Crafters (you need to sign up to see it all) And i have used Watermelon, black cherry, earl gray, strawberry, vanilla cake, Almond Ameretto, Mild tobacco, groovy grape in the SD (that i got Wednesday) and there does not seem to be no issue they also use LDPE plastic bottles. If you choose to check then out and order from them, PM me...i have something that will help ;)

Nah, I wasn't going to order from them (I have tried their juices and found them very lacking in what I like but thanks for the offer anyways). Why I asked is because some juices will cause those types of cartos (the plastic) to crack like yours did. My suspects are either the ameretto or grape. But its just a theory.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Nah, I wasn't going to order from them (I have tried their juices and found them very lacking in what I like but thanks for the offer anyways). Why I asked is because some juices will cause those types of cartos (the plastic) to crack like yours did. My suspects are either the ameretto or grape. But its just a theory.

this is why taste is subjective :D as for the juices, i did a lot of research and it turns out like i said there is a certain sugar to juice ratio that just utterly shatters the SD's. Another thing i have read/watched time again is the higher voltages really aggravates these buggers. When i was on the pass through (1100mah, no clue on voltage but i am guessing in the 4.5 range) i was getting a lot of smoke, and feeling sick. When i put it on a 3.2V 650mah genuine ego i was doing way better. Putting it on a 3.4 (3.3 under load) 900mah battery and it is nicer.

At first i was excited and wanted to get more of them, but now? I would rather go with the v510, or just shelf the damn ego's in disgust all together. Like i said my bloog maxx fusions have rocked one since Thursday and do not seem to want to stop impressing me

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
I think that is all they are good for.........looking great not something like.....oh functionality now as for the V510's, yes i would agree on the Condensation and flooding, but it is the only saving grace i have for not shelving the ego's, throwing my hands in the air and then walking away shaking my head left to wonder if now the vaping community has fallen prey to the money grab sickness.......where no longer something like durability is in the picture, all because of some vaping so long they need to continue doing it

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
this is why taste is subjective :D as for the juices, i did a lot of research and it turns out like i said there is a certain sugar to juice ratio that just utterly shatters the SD's.

I highly doubt that it has anything to do with sugar.

Cracking that type of plastic was here long before the stardusts, the old CE2's were horrible for spider cracking with certain juices, I don't recall anything to do with sugars. Personally I get juices with sugars added as I like the sweeter vapes and I never had any issues with that type of plastic.

Thread on juices that crack clearo's

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
I'm just not happy with it. I also get the same dry hits with the V510. I wish I could understand what all the rave is about these things but alas, woe is me! I just want it to wooooooork :(

someobe very unhappy with stardust I gave him a thumbs up for as angry as he was, he stopped himself from swearing a bit. It is amazing how there are others who get the dry throat effect. In his earlier video it was juice he had used many times before, so saying it was a sudden allergic reaction to new juice is ruled out.

I though it was sugars i war wrong, but this goes to show how bad one can get destroyed. Though i doubt the flavor she was using would have cinnamon in it

The more i read, the more more i am thinking of either skipping it down the road, or shelving it, as it does look really awesome hell i am thinking that as it has a 510 threat to get a 510 to 808 adapter. Maybe it will look real nice on my purple bloog's?

and ChellyNelly if you mean get it to work beyond the vaper production i highly doubt these are capable of that :laugh:

Last edited:

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Just saw a Canadian Company (no not canvape) that has the SD in regular and LR.....Soon as some cash hits my account (hopefully tonight) i will be making a order for a few.....about the same price as CV, just a dollar more....:facepalm: i have to sacrifice a juice order, but if these ones work, would be worth it....and i am not going to say where just yet...i need to make sure my order goes in and the 3 i want are shipped to me first :evil:

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Alright for a few (like me) who are having issues with the stardust and in the awful case of ChellyNelly and her SD not working, i found something that got me to raise a eyebrow. Could be why some are enjoying their SD and not having the issue us ego users are having mwa102464 comment on the thread here The comment said was

LR would be best on your 900mAh Egos for sure, the Reg resistance doesn't work to well on the Ego's get the lower resistance

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
I dunno if me not loving in Canada means I can't post here?

Anyway regarding dry hits, your center post maybe pushed up too far, ie wrenching it down on the battery, or it could be that the rubber plug at the top of the center post is pinching the wick.

You can look down into the center post and look at the coil, if it's all scrunched up seperate the coil so it's evenly spread out on the wick, that helps a lot with the dry hits.

For the tight draw, again it may be wrenched down too tight on the battery, I know mine have high posts. It could also be that your wick is pushed down in the center blocking the air tube, take a bent paper clip and gently lift the middle of the wick up or off to the side.

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
Posted this in another thread.

Btw the tight draw can also be fixed by making sure your center tube is actually centered, easy way to check is roll it around vertically and look where the rubber plug meets the bottom of the tip, it should be pretty uniform all the way around. If not then gently rock the stardust in the opposite direction while on a batt to straighten it out, this has worked on 4 of them for me and the people I loaned/gave them to.

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Alright for a few (like me) who are having issues with the stardust and in the awful case of ChellyNelly and her SD not working, i found something that got me to raise a eyebrow. Could be why some are enjoying their SD and not having the issue us ego users are having mwa102464 comment on the thread here The comment said was

Oh yeah, no doubt. It's un-vape-able on my ego lcd. I've put it on my LT though and cranked it up, just gives me more dry hits (if that's even possible!)

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
ya gotta tilt these so the juice is hitting the wicks when you vape them for the ultimate vape with these, they are especially great on a Darwin at 10W and the arm tilts so it makes them easy to vape while the juice is hitting the wick, I find the LR version much better also, I know it sucks to tilt them but even on a provari if you can tilt them so the juice is on the wicks while you vape them you will see a huge difference,,,9-10W on the LR's is very good = my take on them anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread