100% VG on a Maxx Fusion?=Bingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

MahBohMan

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2010
Rhode Island
Got it....here's a trick for the modders out there. A while ago I read about and bought the "Ato-mizer" from inhaler. Basically you buy the kit, and it contains a screw in replaceable atty style setup for a 510 battery. It comes with ni-chrome wire and wicks...2 and 3 ohm wire, and enough wicking material to make about 30 atties. Good concept but the actual device is KRAP with a KAPITAL K FOR KRAP.

So I took a 2 ohm wire, one of the wicks, cut in half and then folded it over and discarded the other half of the wick. Then I took a dissasembled a maxxfusion carto, when I say dissasembled, I mean the black carto tube removed from the threaded battery end of the carto, and proceeded to put the silicone plug back in the battery end without the center post. I then wrapped my nice shiny nichrome wire around the folded in half wick and made myself a brand new 2 ohm coil.

With the help of a toothpick, I inserted one lead of the coil between the silicone plug and the threaded side of the battery connector. I then too the other lead and put it down the center of the silicone insulator plug and pressed it to the side and slid in the center positive battery connector post.

So Now I am looking at a homemade 2 ohm bloog maxxfusion hybrid atty/carto whatchamacallit thing and getting ready to push the button on the trifecta.

Push button= Beautiful orange glow from the coil

Time to wet the wick.......soaked with 100% VG Boba's Bounty

Push button= Instant BILLOWING vapor rolling off the coil PERFECT.

So now I gotta figure out how to make a tube surrounding the coil and wick assembly.....GOT IT... take an old maxx fusion carto thats busted or dissasembled, rip ALL the guts out....filler, inner tube, then the center post on the battery end and the silicone plug all out.

Flipped it over, slid the mouthpiece end down over the wick and coil and snugged it up to test.

With the center battery post and the silicone insulator plug removed from the battery end of my new mouthpiece/cover, its a perfect drip tip opening size, and the folded wick comes basically right up to the top.

So this time I soaked the wick and slapped the new unit on one of my automatic batteries, I figured it couldn't possibly work as good as I hoped it would...WRONG

10 drops of Boba's Bounty later......WOW is all I can say and there's no way I was going to post this how to without some pics so here u go

2a9y6pz.jpg

iz524m.jpg

2re0h6o.jpg

2d8kets.jpg

21an4uh.jpg

MahBohMan

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2010
Rhode Island
Let me get this straight all you have inside that carto is a wick with coil?

Yes and I just took a 3ml syringe and cut it, replaced the tube I had over the coil and wick, so now I have the world first
2.0 Ohm clear Maxx Fusion 808 style cartoatowhatchacallitmizer that you can see when its time to drop some drips. I've been vaping this thing for a few hours with straight up 100% VG and wow, with the Trifecta battery manual burns are intense. BIG vapor and great throat hits. It works great on the automatic batteries too. I'll post a few pics but don't have my camera here...in the morning I'll post em. Picture an upside down CE-2 cartomizer, kind of, but without the holding tank, you just soak the wick with like 10-12 drops and vape away.

cryx

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2011
Midwest
Very DIY ingenious. This is very similar to what a number of filler-less cartos are doing but they have a tank. I'm tired of waiting for new bloog cartos that probably aren't fixed, so I've got 3 different kinds on the way to test. Only drawback is your battery is going to going to die ~25% faster. Put that on a G400 and you'll be cooking with gas! Vape on.

MahBohMan

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2010
Rhode Island
Interesting...

I'm still vaping on this thing like a madman I was missing my Boba's Bounty. The trouble with the 510 atties I was using to direct drip is that they get dirty, and nasty, then you have to clean em, burn em, and hope they work as good as they did when you got it. Know how I cleaned this one today? popped off the clear tube and ran the coil and wick under nice steamy hot water, cleaned it right up nice, and the best thing is, the coil and wick is staring you right in the face, so you can see just how clean it is. Almost forgot that coil I made for it sits 3/8" above the center battery post connector.

ndnshift

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Redmond
please correct if wrong, but this works so well because it's essentially a giant coil/atomizer? so it would be due to the surface area of the heating element? how's the battery life? :p

congrats on the mod, now we need a second battery hollowed out and glued to the first, micropump in the bottom and filled with 5-10 ml... autofeed doublebarrel!

you could modify the mold for the inner part of the mini PCC and it would charge it... unscrew the bottom, one way valve, and dump juice in.

lol, project time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread