no these are the red and black ones with the flame logo near the negative post

these:
TrustFire_TF14500_900mAh_3_7V_Protected_li-ion_Battery_ID_2063.jpg

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
lol i didnt realize that was you i was talking to in the other thread cskent.

i like your original calculation better. can we just use that? lol

once these batts die im gonna slap em on the charger and figure this out once and for all. im gonna pray for the light to go off, or change color at the 3 hour mark... but im not going to be surprised if nothing happens for several hours later.

i just would like some sort of verifacation from the charger that theyre done. in your experience, do these type of chargers typically have an indication of a full charge?

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
The batteries themselves won't give you any indication that they're done charging. The light on the charger should change color though. Another way to check is to use a multimeter on the batteries before putting them on to check voltage. It should read about 3.2v. Check them periodically and you should see that they're increasing in voltage. When they finally reach around 4.2v the light on the charger should indicate that charging is complete. If they reach around 4.3v then they're overcharging.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
The batteries themselves won't give you any indication that they're done charging. The light on the charger should change color though. Another way to check is to use a multimeter on the batteries before putting them on to check voltage. It should read about 3.2v. Check them periodically and you should see that they're increasing in voltage. When they finally reach around 4.2v the light on the charger should indicate that charging is complete. If they reach around 4.3v then they're overcharging.
That's not exactly correct. Better chargers use the CC/CV charging algorithm. Charge termination is determined by current, not voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread