Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Wow… Was this a Mis-Print? How could the Price of 1L of 100mg Nicotine Base go up $830 Dollars? That’s Crazy!

No, It Wasn’t a Mis-Print. And that is Exactly what is Going to happen in Indiana if SB384 Passes.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s-would-threaten-access-use-e-cigarettes.html

Now I know what you are Going to Say. “Well that’s just Terrible for People in Indiana. But I Don’t live in Indiana or buy from Anyone in Indiana. So it Doesn’t Affect me.”

True. People who do not Live or buy from Indiana based Seller will not be affected.

But if this Legislation passes, how long will it be before Your State say’s “It worked in Indiana, and No One seemed to get too Upset. Why Don’t we Do It Here?.”

What Happens in Indiana Effects All of Us.

If States see Little or No Opposition to Imposing Outrageous Taxes on Nicotine, why would they not Impose Outrageous Taxes on Nicotine?

The Time is Now Folks. We Need people to Support those in Indiana (and All States) who are Fighting against this type of Legislation.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
It's very alarming and has been done in the past with cigarettes. So it's not surprising this would be the route they've taken. What should be more alarming is this same type of action that is purposed in indiana was done to cigarettes on a federal level which affected all states.

The apocalypse is almost upon us.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It's very alarming and has been done in the past with cigarettes. So it's not surprising this would be the route they've taken. What should be more alarming is this same type of action that is purposed in indiana was done to cigarettes on a federal level which affected all states.

The apocalypse is almost upon us.

I agree.

And I Should have Mentioned that this proposed Indiana is Above and Beyond any Tax or Taxes which may be Imposed on the Federal Level.

So if the Feds imposed the same .0083/mg Tax, that $110 1L Bottle of 100mg Nicotine Base would Now Sell for $1,770.00

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Then the next thing they will do if it gets to a federal level will be to ban the shipment of nicotine via domestic carrier like they did with raw cigarette tobacco to curb tax free mail ordering to out of state recipients. But here's the funny thing the government did not include these restrictions or taxation on cigars and pipe tobacco, Why! too many representitives in congress and influential big business CEO's personally use this type of as they call it contraban. I see it all starting to unfold. They've all but exhausted all attempts to ban NIC with there domestic health platform so now there resorting to brute force tactics like they did with big tobacco and why! because big tobacco is to powerful and has strong lobbing to allow legislation to pass on health issues..

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Then the next thing they will do if it gets to a federal level will be to ban the shipment of nicotine via domestic carrier like they did with raw cigarette tobacco to curb the tax free mail ordering to out of state recipients. But here's the funny thing the government did not include these restrictions or taxation on cigars and pipe tobacco, Why! too many representitives in congress and influential big business CEO's personally use this type of as they call it contraban. I see it all starting to unfold. They've all but exhausted all attempts to ban NIC with there domestic health platform so now there resorting to brute force tactics like they did with big tobacco and why! because big tobacco was to powerful to push there legislation through on health issues..

I believe one of the 1st things we will see when the FDA deeming is complete is the Elimination of Internet Sales of e-Liquids and Nicotine Base.

Since at that point, e-Liquids will be Considered a "Tobacco Product", the FDA would have the power to Enforce Face-2-Face Sales ONLY.

And I think they Will. And I don't think they will wait Years to do it. I think they will do it Immediately after they have that Power.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I believe one of the 1st things we will see when the FDA deeming is complete is the Elimination of Internet Sales of e-Liquids and Nicotine Base.

Since at that point, e-Liquids will be Considered a "Tobacco Product", the FDA would have the power to Enforce Face-2-Face Sales ONLY.

And I think they Will. And I don't think they will wait Years to do it. I think they will do it Immediately after they have that Power.

As I said earlier The apocalypse is almost upon us. So if you haven't stock piled NIC you may want to think about doing it now. I've got 6 - 7 years worth stock piled already.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
As I said earlier The apocalypse is almost upon us. So if you haven't stock piled NIC you may want to think about doing it now. I've got 6 - 7 years worth stock piled already.

I have enough Nicotine to last me as Long as I chose to use it.

I do worry sometimes about those though who seem to be Less Informed about what is going on around them.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Sad indeed. Taking every nicotine resource away from the public I would think would create a health issue to the public rather then resolving one. If Nicotine is extracted incorrectly or used improperly it can be poison. With many not knowing how to test for Nicotine content or even knowing that a test kit exist would put a person in serious danger.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The government doesn't care about the public. What they don't realize is people will start to extract their own nic with mixed results.

Sad......

Imposing a $830.00 tax on 1L bottles of Nicotine Base (or the Related $4.48 on a 30ml Bottle of 18mg/ml e-Liquid.) isn't going to make the Vast Majority people Extract their Own Nicotine.

It is just going to Promote people Bringing in e-Liquids/Nicotine Base in (Illegally) from Neighboring States which do not have such a Tax.

And that just Encourages other States to Follow suit and Impose their own Taxes.

And then the Dominos start Falling.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
And all that will lead to is a possible black market for it as well.
Psst .. hey ... I got some primo-liqnic ... just over here in the trunk ;)

Yeah... And I wonder what the Quality of it will be like?

How many times have I read where people Freak Out if someone mentions not using Pharmacy Grade VG or PG. Or Go Completely Bonkers at the thought of Diluting VG with Tap Water.

I wonder how those People would Feel about buying "Tax Free" e-Liquids in Indiana from a guy out of his Van behind a Tractor Supply Shop?

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
Hate to say it but knew this was coming, logically its the one non-replaceable part of E-cigs that is consumed at a rapid pace. Cut off the source of e-liquid nicotine and you've put a stop to ecigs or at minimum those that vape nic e-liquids (congress knew this already as well as the FDA) but, are the farmers that use nic as a pesticide going to put up with that pricing. It may be time to think about cross marketing these campaigns to folks that use nic solution in their daily lives for job related uses.

I do know its used in the farming community so that is one avenue that could be explored, it would also help put some additional signatures on stopping that bill from passing. I know I've got some stock in the freezer at the moment and was expecting this release to come out sometime or another. Lets all ban together and put a stop to this insanity, I personally live with enough people telling me how to live my life and when between creditors, government and my workplace and really don't need some nanny telling me what I shouldn't put in my body...just a personal thought on that one.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hate to say it but knew this was coming, logically its the one non-replaceable part of E-cigs that is consumed at a rapid pace. Cut off the source of e-liquid nicotine and you've put a stop to ecigs or at minimum those that vape nic e-liquids (congress knew this already as well as the FDA) but, are the farmers that use nic as a pesticide going to put up with that pricing. It may be time to think about cross marketing these campaigns to folks that use nic solution in their daily lives for job related uses.

I do know its used in the farming community so that is one avenue that could be explored, it would also help put some additional signatures on stopping that bill from passing. I know I've got some stock in the freezer at the moment and was expecting this release to come out sometime or another. Lets all ban together and put a stop to this insanity, I personally live with enough people telling me how to live my life and when between creditors, government and my workplace and really don't need some nanny telling me what I shouldn't put in my body...just a personal thought on that one.

This Tax Isn't going to apply to someone who uses Nicotine in the Formulation of a Pesticide. So you might not get much support from the Farmers.

But who Should be Approached are the Cigar, Pipe Tobacco and Other Stuff Burning Groups. Because it should be Easy for them to see that They could be Next.

College Campuses is Also a Good Place to Spread the Word about this Tax. As well as, of course, Social Media like Face Book.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Just don't understand why certain illicit substances are now legal in Washington State, but they want to tax the heck out of nic in another. Oh and yes, it's on it's way to Washington State, they tried it last year. I suppose I best stock up on nicotine and hone in my DIY skills. I'm good, but not super good.

roosterado

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2014
willmar MN
I have some stocked Nicotine Solution also. But what about those who are still Smoking? How will they be able to switch to Vaping without the easy access to the Innovative Vapor Products we have been Fortunate to have. That, to me is why Fighting for Vapers Rights and Advocacy is so important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread