• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

1st deployment to sandbox. Shipment from U.S possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
Late response... I got back from a year in Afghanistan this past October. While I was there, I was able to order just about anything. Took a while to get to my FOB compared to the larger air bases, but my friends that were at BAF, KAF, etc... said that they were able to receive priority mail shipments within 5-7 days.

Some vendors will not ship to APO/FPO just due to the possibility of it being lost.

Check with Steve over at Puresmoker.com. They will apply a permanent 10% off military discount to your account.

Worst case scenario, you cant find someone to ship to you... just do what I did: Order to a parent or friend, then have them ship it to you as a care package in a flat-rate APO/FPO box. Just have them re-package it with some good insulating material so that it doesn't get cooked in-transit.

Be safe over there, and be careful if you buy cheap electronics from the little haji-marts they set up on base. When I left, they were packing small explosives into things like external hard drives that would blow up when you plug them in. If you do look at anything like that, insist on testing it at the store (and let them plug it in).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread