Status
Not open for further replies.

driving-pete

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Cleveland,TN
Hello all.
Just started vaping this morning.
I got the Joy 510 starter kit, plus some juice to go with it.

I wanted to try dripping, but I made a mess.:facepalm: Put a little too much in there I think.

I'm going to stick with the cartriges for a hile and see how that goes.
I started this morning, and dont even feel like having an analog.

One question if I may. Is it cheaper to refill the cartriges then order pre filled?
I would imagine that it would be, but the pre filled ones might be less of a pain.

Also how often do I need to buy atties?..I'm a pack a day smoker...(hopefully soon I can say ex smoker)
Thanks guys, happy vaping!

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
Hello DP,
Congrats. I would say that refilling is a lot cheaper and you can play around with new flavors easier.
Everyone seems to say that their attys only last a short while but my wife and I have been vaping on the same first 5 attys that we got 4 months ago. I did order 5 more two weeks ago just to have on hand for when these start to go out. My wife likes carts and tops them off a few times per day I figured that if I am only putting in 4 or 5 drops rather often why not just drip. I have been doing that for a month now. But I vape all the time and she only vapes on her breaks at work.

bnjmn

Mar 3, 2010
Nashville
Congratulations.

I just started 3 days back, I have had 4 smokes in that time. So, stick with it. It's different vaping then smoking. It reminds me of smoking a hookah, the long draws, the cooler vapor, the range of flavors. I've taken to it like a fish to water.

Yes, it will be cheaper to refill then continually buying pre filled carts. It is pretty much a requirement to top off your carts every now and again. Also, some people will recommend getting cartomisers instead of atties for a bunch of reasons. Capacity, simplicity, value. They are only like 6-8usd for a five pack, and supposedly last about 3 weeks per carto. That seems worth it, and is on my short list to get.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Welcome, Pete! What's the nic level of your juice? It's possible that the level is too high for you, or that you're just vaping too much.

It is definitely cheaper to refill than to buy prefilled carts. I don't like prefilled because you really can't tell how long they've been sitting around and vaping a stale cart is disgusting.

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Either method is cheaper than smoking name brands analogs though, I can get kr808 carts for 20 bucks for 10 at the local gas stations, I go through 1.2 a day (normally pop a new one on for the last hour of the night). So I replaced my $6.50 pack a day habit with a buck and a half a day habit...
...if however I refill it is even cheaper and I can play around with flavors more (best to buy enough liquid to offset the extra shipping cost though)

Stutzy

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Denver, CO
Welcome :) It's all a question of preference as far as atomizers etc. Half the fun is finding what works for you. After trying a bunch of things I have found I just like to drip a 2.5 ohm atty on a 3.7v mod is perfect for me. Cartomizers don't produce enough vapor for me and after I cut an old one open and saw the burnt filler I'm not a fan. As far as feeling dizzy, that effect will subside pretty quickly. 16mg is almost a little low actually depending on how many cigs you smoked a day.

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
~~~Did you get a little dizzy the very first time you vaped? ~~~so maybe I ordered too much nicotine.
16 mg.

I didn't get dizzy,,, I got down right stoned. I started with 36mg I think that is why I switched off the analogs so easy, My brain liked it soooo much better. I went down from there to 24 then 14 but I am now back up to about 18.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Oh now your just daydreaming.

He's kidding! LOL!

Pete, this really IS the ticket to freedom from analogs! I thought I'd never be able to quit. In fact, I didn't start vaping so I could quit. I started so that I could still get my nicotine fix in places where smoking wasn't allowed. I wound up being what we affectionately call "The Accidental Quitter." My analog consumption went from a pack to a pack and a half per day to only half a pack on the very first day. I haven't bought a carton, or even a pack of analogs in almost two months, and smoked my last analog 33 days ago. I haven't missed 'em one little bit.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
nic level is 18 mg. I smoke Marlboro lights.
I think I'm vaping too much .

What are cartomizers?

Pete
My suggestion is, purchase a few different flavors of juice, and a few different strengths.

I was a pack + smoker, Marlboro mediums.

I gererally vap 18mg of juice. After vaping and smoking for six months, I REALLY want to completely stop analog cigs, so now I generally vap 18mg, but I keep 24mg on hand, in a flavor I like (vanilla bean... but that doesn't really matter)

When I feel the urge for an analog coming on... I drip the 24mg Vanilla bean, and take three, four long drags... it seems to always eliminate the strong cravings for an analog. Worked for me, so far! Well, I'm now three complete days analog free, going on day four!

It isn't always easy, but it is MUCH easier then cold turkey, or even much easier to quit using ecigs then using nic gum, patches, etc.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I have juices in both 18mg and 24mg. If I'm wanting an analog, I'll vape 24mg and that gets rid of the craving. I'll vape the 18mg when I'm using my PT, since I have tendency to chain vape with it.

Wow!
WomanofHeart... read my post above! I posted that without reading your post!

Too funny! This is exactly what works for me~

Just found it interesting that we both had the same advise! Great minds, I guess...

CanWEBada

Oct 12, 2010
Ottawa,Ontario
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE JOYE 510 ATOMIZERS MUST BE REPLACED TO HAVE OPTIMUN PROFORMANCE AND HAVE AN AVERAGE LIFESPAN OF 6-8 WEEKS. Some users report that Atomizers last longer. Here are some tips on maintaining your Atomizer.

Maintenance

1. Clean the battery and atomizer by using purified alcohol to clean the contact points of the battery and atomizer with a clean paper tissue.

2. Clean the inside of the atomizer with a tissue to remove any remaining e-juice.

3. If your Joye 510 does not produce enough vapor or it becomes difficult to take a puff, you must clean the atomizer. The first step is to clean the atomizer of any remaining e-juice. To clean it, blow through the atomizer (contact point side). Now dry it with a tissue. If the performance does not improve, continue to the next step.

4. Remove the filler material in a used cartridge, rinse the filler with warm water until the filler is clean, pat dry with a paper towel. Now put the filler back into the mouthpiece. Pour 3 drops of hot water on the cartridge filler material. Take several hits without inhaling. If the cartridge filler turns brown, repeat until it comes out clean. Performance should be improved after the atomizer is clean.

5. After doing the above steps, and you feel that the performance is poor, there is little vapor, or the pulling is heavy, consider trying to burn off the buildup on the atomizer. Doing this procedure may destroy your atomizer, so only do this to an atomizer that truly does not work. With a fully charged battery connected to your poorly performing atomizer, press the manual switch activation button for 10 seconds. During this operation you should hear some sizzling in the atomizer. If all went well, your atomizer is now performing better.

Major Cleaning of Joye 510 Atomizers:

For Joye 510 Atomizers that seems to be dead. Try this cleaning method.

· Remove the mouthpiece from the atomizer and disconnect the battery.

· Submerge your atomizer in purified alcohol. Agitate the atomizer for 5 minutes, drain the atomizer of the alcohol, and repeat 3 times.

· Rinse the atomizer with hot water and let dry for 8 hours with battery contact facing up.

· Clean contact points of battery and atomizer with a tissue.

· After 8 hours, make sure your atomizer is completely dry. If it is dry, connect a fully charged battery, a clean cartridge, and ensure your atomizer has e-juice in it.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Wow!
WomanofHeart... read my post above! I posted that without reading your post!

Too funny! This is exactly what works for me~

Just found it interesting that we both had the same advise! Great minds, I guess...

Great minds, indeed! That little formula has kept me off the analogs for over a month now. Simply put, this just works the best for me. Sometimes I'll even mix a couple of good flavors in the different strengths together just to get a change. It brings the nic level down a little, but it opens the door to even more flavors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread