Status
Not open for further replies.

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
Hello all,
I have a question. If My sister and myself are both members here and use different computers but the same ISP service do we need to notify admin?
I just ran into some threads that have been read already and I don`t think I read them. Yet I have had some strange dreams of posting in the forum though. 8-o

Any and all help much appreciated.
Roy aka Connman

wader2k

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
NE Illinois
My wife and I just ran smack into this problem. Both of our computers are run into a router and then to a cable modem. She was just banned earlier tonite and I got an infraction(1 point) because the system evidently thought we were the same person with a multiple account.

I sent the mod a pm and she sent an email so hopefully it will get straightened out. I'm surprised it isn't a common problem.....or maybe it is?

We are both members on several other forums and haven't had this happen before so it just never occurred to me to notify an admin.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
My wife and I just ran smack into this problem. Both of our computers are run into a router and then to a cable modem. She was just banned earlier tonite and I got an infraction(1 point) because the system evidently thought we were the same person with a multiple account.

I sent the mod a pm and she sent an email so hopefully it will get straightened out. I'm surprised it isn't a common problem.....or maybe it is?

We are both members on several other forums and haven't had this happen before so it just never occurred to me to notify an admin.

The thing to do in this situation is exactly what your wife did. She sent me a very calm, rational email explaining the situation, and when I received it, it took me all of five minutes to correct it.

While we do try and avoid accidents like this as much as possible, they do happen, and I'm more than happy to offer an apology and a fix when they do.

wader2k

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
NE Illinois
The thing to do in this situation is exactly what your wife did. She sent me a very calm, rational email explaining the situation, and when I received it, it took me all of five minutes to correct it.

While we do try and avoid accidents like this as much as possible, they do happen, and I'm more than happy to offer an apology and a fix when they do.

Thanks! No apology necessary I understand completely. It did take my wife by surprise though. :)

Never been banninated before!

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
Every device has it's own ip address. Reuben has it correct.
while that is correct. there is yet another device which can NAT hide those behind a router. giving those devices a private ip's like. 192.168.2.105-199 for example. the public would see something like 74.14.204.14 <that's googles i think. so you could hide as many as you could behind routers and gateways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread