2001 (days), a Vape Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
You know what they say --- one day at a time, right? Well, today marks 2001 days since I left behind a pack a day habit. Following a cardiac event in early 2013, I was strongly advised to quit smoking prior to a PCI procedure. I cut down, used nic inhalers, nic gum, and even started Chantix (but I didn't even get up to full dosage on that due to severe headaches). Finally, with the help of vaping, I quit on March 21, 2013. One PCI procedure turned into two and a total of five stents plus one code blue event --- definitely some additional motivation to remain quit.

While I explored DL early on, and have revisited it on occasion, I've been a solid MTL vaper from day one. From the cigalikes in March 2013, to a mech BF mod and DIY juice a month later, on to a few other mechs and RDAs; always a few Egos on the side with various clearos or 510s or 306 atties; the highs and lows of carto tanks; a Subox/Subtank Mini kit (with the RBA), some Ego One tanks (with rebuildable CLR coils), and a couple other unregulated mods (tesla two, tesla stealth) kept me steady (and shinyitis free) from mid 2015 into 2018.

With Ego One tank availability becoming questionable (though I did pick up a few more Ego One kits on clearance a few months ago), I decided that, between my 5 year quit anniversary and my 2000th day, I could indulge in a little shinyitis ... and so I have.

I've tried out several newer RDAs and found a new favorite (Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDA, of which I now have several). I am back to squonking as my primary mode of vaping with a few several new squonkers (of which, my Dotsquonks are my favorite). I picked up a few Minifits with extra pods (a nice little pocket backup, and the pods can be rebuilt) and a few other things as well (indeed, a Galaxies MTL RDTA showed up yesterday, and seems to live up to the RDA version as a really good MTL vape).

I also picked up some things for a close friend who has been dual using as a means to cut down her smoking for quite some time and was finally interested in trying to quit smoking altogether. So, with a nice new purple Kroma/Zenith kit and a Feedlink squonker with a Galaxies RDA (so she can squonk her standard strength liquid and also directly drip some WTA and/or higher nic liquid to help through cravings), she has now reached DAY 24 off the cigs ... my best spent dollars by far.

And so, alas, with the passing of the 2000th day, my shinyitis indulgence window has closed and I did not get the new Lost Vape Orion DNA pod kit that I rather fancied (even if it isn't rebuildable). But, no worries ... I do have a birthday coming at the end of the month and I can't think of a nicer guy to buy one for :)

Cheers to all for the vast and varied information available here, the comradery, and the silliness ... here's to the next 2000 days (one day at a time).

stay shiny my friends,
andrew

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
That's the spirit!!
And, like I said, I do have a birthday coming up, so that's three opportunities right there (early birthday present to self, birthday present to self, belated birthday present to self). We don't even need to bring up early/belated Thanksgiving presents, Health Care Aide day presents, Halloween, or Canadian Thanksgiving ... yet.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Congratulations. So happy for you, you deserve a celebration present.
You are right, of course ... and perhaps evil (and I mean that in the best possible way). Rest assured, when the Blue/New Zealand Abalone version of the Orion hits the market, one will find its way into my pocket ... and I will proclaim "Letitia made me do it" to anyone who asks.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
You are right, of course ... and perhaps evil (and I mean that in the best possible way). Rest assured, when the Blue/New Zealand Abalone version of the Orion hits the market, one will find its way into my pocket ... and I will proclaim "Letitia made me do it" to anyone who asks.
I'm good with that. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread