2015 Annual Top Three HHV Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I'd be happy if it was good for an hour at a stretch every now and then.

It should be , it's not too sweet , pretty close to fresh berries .

I agree with you Retic, it's good for a change up vape, tart, refreshing - although my bottles never last too long. Wakes up blahzae (spelling) juices in a blend.

I could vape it all day, but perhaps not every day. I like to have at least 2-3 flavors handy throughout the day. At one time I remember having 6 Kanger T3s on eGo Twists lined up each with a different flavor.

EDIT: Each was leaking at a different speed, or had some particular glitch as well.... :facepalm:

Last edited:

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Okay, I have tried the Tuscan Cocoa. I updated my list. I got it in a 30/70. I asked for extra flavoring. If this has it, I need to go back to a 50/50 blend. I am going to ask them. I taste the vg in it, and the Georgia Peach. I wasn't sure that is what I tasted in the Georgia Peach, but now I know that is what it was. I don't want to taste VG, I want to taste the juice. I know Retic's 100% VG with extra flavor was good, with no VG taste. So I suspect they didn't add enough extra flavor to the 30/70 blend.

Tobacco
1. Gaia
2. Legend
3. Pirate's Booty

Non-Tobacco
1. Tuscan Cocoa
2. White Lie
3. Vanilla Dream
I have Tuscan Cocoa, but I haven't tried it yet. I was going to try it this weekend maybe. The Pirate's Booty moved down to third. It was first, but the second bottle just isn't as good as the first bottle was. Gaia and Legend are really neck and neck now. That is my thoughts at the moment, but those places might get switched later on.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Well I asked for extra flavor. I found this on their website:
<<<The higher the VG, the more vapor production you will have. VG also tends to mute flavor slightly, however, we do compensate for this by automatically adding extra flavoring and extracts with higher VG mixes.>>>
Now I am not sure what to do. I am going to ask them if they added an extra flavor shot, above what they normally would. Oh this is not good. I bought several of these at 30/70. Dang. I thought I liked the 100% VG that Retic had. So if it is less, it will be fine. I also bought Huntsman at 100% VG. I have saved a tiny bit of the 50/50, and plan to compare the two for flavor.

If this does not belong here moderators, please send it to the main HHV board.

Okay here is an update. HHV already got back to me. I was thrilled. They automatically put in extra flavor for the juice that is higher VG. If I requested extra flavor, they put even more in. So this tells me, I need to go back to 50/50. Maybe reading this will help others. Now I have a few bottles with this 30/70 blend. Thank goodness the Gaia was my regular 50/50!!!!

and thats the beauty of the 2X flavor shot ;)

Last edited:

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
When I first started vaping, I suspected I was having irritation from PG. For health reasons I thought it would be better to try a higher VG. I didn't get the sore throat with the higher VG. It might have been a coincidence, but I wanted to try different ratios to see. I may buy one 60/40, and see if I detect any more problem from it, and then one 70/30. I want to know what works best for me, and what I prefer, before I get locked into a certain ratio. I have found several flavors I like now. Before I buy larger amounts, I'd like to know my preferences. Lately my throat has been bothering me a little again. Now that could be allergies contributing to that. When the juniper and cedar are pollinating, I start sneezing, and have a runny nose. That might be my problem only. By playing with the ratios, I was trying to weed out any problems. I am going to try the Dark Horse probably in a little while. It is a 50/50 blend.

kkay, are you having some sort of reaction to PG? Or is there some reason you're trying out all these different PG/VG ratios?

In my opinion, unless there's a good reason to switch, you're better off at 50/50, 60/40 or 70/30 PG/VG ratio for flavor and wicking purposes.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
When I first started vaping, I suspected I was having irritation from PG. For health reasons I thought it would be better to try a higher VG. I didn't get the sore throat with the higher VG. It might have been a coincidence, but I wanted to try different ratios to see. I may buy one 60/40, and see if I detect any more problem from it, and then one 70/30. I want to know what works best for me, and what I prefer, before I get locked into a certain ratio. I have found several flavors I like now. Before I buy larger amounts, I'd like to know my preferences. Lately my throat has been bothering me a little again. Now that could be allergies contributing to that. When the juniper and cedar are pollinating, I start sneezing, and have a runny nose. That might be my problem only. By playing with the ratios, I was trying to weed out any problems. I am going to try the Dark Horse probably in a little while. It is a 50/50 blend.

Gotcha. As a point of reference, the little sample sizes are all 70/30 if you've tried any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread