2015 - New Bottom Feeder Mod from China!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Woah!!
He's also got an sx300 regulated bottom feeder!!

SX300 Bottom feeder mod | Scans Mod
sx300kui-4.jpg

This is good news for vapers.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I totally agree...as much as i like the reo,200$+ without any safety feature ...is unacceptable in my opinion.with that money u can buy the latest tech like hana mods 40 with temp protection usb charging,the best chip so far and u will be hassle free,no need to buy extra parts etc
Hana doesn't make a bottom-feeder. That's a deal breaker for most people who are into bottom-feeders because every other characteristic that a mod might have such as regulation or "safety" is secondary.

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
I totally agree...as much as i like the reo,200$+ without any safety feature ...is unacceptable in my opinion.with that money u can buy the latest tech like hana mods 40 with temp protection usb charging,the best chip so far and u will be hassle free,no need to buy extra parts etc

Reo's have safety features, and they work very well...secondly, DNA 30/40 chips have recently (and have always for the most part) had high failure rates. (Don't know where this persons getting info) I would prefer a mod where I can replace batteries over plugging my mod into a wall socket to charge. I own 4 grands and have only ever needed to replace one spring because I caused a short and the spring collapsed, which is one of the safety features and did actually what it was designed to do, collapse. Reonauts buy extra parts for insurance, the only extra parts I've purchased are replacement springs and for $5 that's not a deal breaker for me. Once that fancy Hana mod chip dies, what do you do with the box? Every part with the exception of the 510, is available as a replacement part if needed so you can repair your mod and keep using it for eternity.

If the 510 fails, Rob over at reos mods can and will replace it, with the new 510 connection it's pretty safe to say you won't have any problems with it over time. So, even tho you can't buy a new 510, every part on the mod is replaceable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
Then I guess he's not going to post a link to them like he said he would.

Nathan clearly announced that he would review the mod for a few weeks and then post a link for his review, it's only been a few days seeing how he received it on the 27th.

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
The Reo does have an awesome safety feature, so what are you saying? If you short an atty for any reason, that spring will collapse quicker than you can say "shyyiit"

So still wondering why your saying the "$200" mod doesn't come with a safety feature.. cause it does.. and it's more like $150 mod, depending on which one you get.

Just saying.. another is Reo's do not lose their value. You could pay $160 and vape it for a year and then sell it in 2 minutes for $150.

-Mark

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

Til the chip breaks. Preparing for what the gov't may eventually do, I wanted a mech, and I wanted to get away from buying tanks, but still have juice on board, cuz I knew I would NOT be happy dripping all the time. For me it was a no brainer.......Reo! and I'm so glad I did. I was actually a little bit afraid of mechs. But with the Reo I'm not. I know who made it, I know the care and attn to detail that was put into it, I know the springs work to collapse if I do short it, etc. I trust it. That's priceless to me.

Then I guess he's not going to post a link to them like he said he would.

Wolf, maybe PM him for a link to the rest of his reviews, I'm sure he'll put the link here to the KUI once he has it done, which is what he said he'd do.

Reo's have safety features, and they work very well...secondly, DNA 30/40 chips have recently (and have always for the most part) had high failure rates. (Don't know where this persons getting info) I would prefer a mod where I can replace batteries over plugging my mod into a wall socket to charge. I own 4 grands and have only ever needed to replace one spring because I caused a short and the spring collapsed, which is one of the safety features and did actually what it was designed to do, collapse. Reonauts buy extra parts for insurance, the only extra parts I've purchased are replacement springs and for $5 that's not a deal breaker for me. Once that fancy Hana mod chip dies, what do you do with the box? Every part with the exception of the 510, is available as a replacement part if needed so you can repair your mod and keep using it for eternity.

If the 510 fails, Rob over at reos mods can and will replace it, with the new 510 connection it's pretty safe to say you won't have any problems with it over time. So, even tho you can't buy a new 510, every part on the mod is replaceable.

Isn't the 510 available in the repair kit? I know Russ replaced his and did a video.

The Reo does have an awesome safety feature, so what are you saying? If you short an atty for any reason, that spring will collapse quicker than you can say "shyyiit"

So still wondering why your saying the "$200" mod doesn't come with a safety feature.. cause it does.. and it's more like $150 mod, depending on which one you get.

Just saying.. another is Reo's do not lose their value. You could pay $160 and vape it for a year and then sell it in 2 minutes for $150.

-Mark

good point, and some, even appreciate!

Not tryin to talk anyone into a reo, you either see the value or you don't. But we just want folks to have good information on which to base the decision. There are Reonauts, and reoNOTS lol

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
I am first and foremost dedicated to Reos. My non-Reo mods have been collecting dust since my first Reo experience. Thinking of a PIF to some APO/FPO address in the near future.

BUT, I have been suckered into buying a 50 watt squonker, probably made mostly of chinesium and craptesium. Not even close to a Reo, more like a hana clone with a squonk hole. Should be shipping tomorrow. Called a gey something., Yea, I know, kind of gey but I am secure in my vapehood.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014

Did the delrin cover really look like this when you removed it? It looks terrible, like someone in a sweat shop cut out the hole with a dull butter knife. smh, I'll stick to my tried and true american made reos!

That's not Delrin. It's just hard plastic... and, yeah, this is what it looks like straight out of the box. It should be noted that I'm not entirely sure this a production sample. I'm guessing it may not be since the only place which is offering a pre-order on these isn't offering the hammertone finish.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I like my REOs as much as the next fan..:) That said, this is not the REO forum, but for all BF devices. Like it or not, these Chinese BF'ers are being produced, and will be in the hands of many soon. Folks will be wanting to discuss them civilly in this forum, without fans of other devices coming in and negatively commenting on them.

Let's not turn threads regarding these devices into the other common "fanboi" threads often seen with certain other devices.. ;)

Thank You! :)

Reactions: Madder ax

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
That's not Delrin. It's just hard plastic... and, yeah, this is what it looks like straight out of the box. It should be noted that I'm not entirely sure this a production sample. I'm guessing it may not be since the only place which is offering a pre-order on these isn't offering the hammertone finish.
If they knew you were doing a review of the device, can't imagine why they would send one that looks like a rat has gnawed on the plastic! smh
[emoji20]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread