Status
Not open for further replies.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I won't go on about Tropical Bob and Snus - but I will. Where is he? And I still wonder what snus has to do with vaping. That's just my pov but hey - this isn't a tobacco-reduction forum, is it? I thought it was a vaping forum. I could be wrong. I simply don't get the "other alternatives to smoking" thing. We'll be having forums for nose-flutes next. :) BTW even back in the dark ages I could never get this. It may be a failing of mine - but this is called ECF and imho it should be about that. Period. Just my tuppence.

Last edited:

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
I got more info. The European Union has a ban on Swedish snus. This is not related to the U.S. The ban will only affect the European Union.

That is correct. The EU bans the selling of snus except for Sweden. It is legal in the US.

When I started using snus in 2009 shipping was much cheaper. The PACT act killed that as it made it illegal to ship smokeless tobacco with USPS. International UPS is expensive but the only way to do it. Most of us here make large orders to make it worthwhile. My last order was for 70 cans so that spreads out the pain.

I don't know what brand of snus you are using but if you are getting general mint you may want to try general white which is more of a straight tobacco flavor

As for pipe man, the reality is that there are many vapors that also use ST, ether on the side or as a mainstay. I don't know anything about tobacco reduction (whatever that may be) but snus and other ST products have a solid place in harm reduction. You may want to get past vaping fanboyism and make an attempt to look at the bigger picture.

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    First let me say that I do vape and enjoy it. That being said, snus has many more years of research and studies that have been done. It is proven to be 98% safer than smoking. The name of the game is harm reduction.

Stubby is right about there being a lot of vapers in the main forum that have tried or are using snus. I have personally sent samples to many people myself and know of others that have done the same.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
    That is correct. The EU bans the selling of snus except for Sweden. It is legal in the US.

When I started using snus in 2009 shipping was much cheaper. The PACT act killed that as it made it illegal to ship smokeless tobacco with USPS. International UPS is expensive but the only way to do it. Most of us here make large orders to make it worthwhile. My last order was for 70 cans so that spreads out the pain.

I don't know what brand of snus you are using but if you are getting general mint you may want to try general white which is more of a straight tobacco flavor

As for pipe man, the reality is that there a many vapors that also use ST, ether on the side or as a mainstay. I don't know anything about tobacco reduction (whatever that may be) but snus and other ST products have a solid place in harm reduction. You may want to get past vaping fanboyism and make an attempt to look at the bigger picture.
    I have some very nice brands that my Son brought back from his trip ;)

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I won't go on about Tropical Bob and Snus - but I will. Where is he? And I still wonder what snus has to do with vaping. That's just my pov but hey - this isn't a tobacco-reduction forum, is it? I thought it was a vaping forum. I could be wrong. I simply don't get the "other alternatives to smoking" thing. We'll be having forums for nose-flutes next. :) BTW even back in the dark ages I could never get this. It may be a failing of mine - but this is called ECF and imho it should be about that. Period. Just my tuppence.

Then go away little boy. There's plenty of other stuff to look at. Cheers

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    Chill...

This forum has it's place in ECF...has for a very long time as an alternative to smoking...that is the whole point anyway isn't it ??

Some people need more than just vaping can give them to succeed, this is it.
    Same with the WTAs...anything to help.

If you don't like this forum being on ECF...you can take it up with SmokeyJoe...but it's here...don't disrupt it please.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 16, 2008
    Brown Edge, England
    Chill...

This forum has it's place in ECF...has for a very long time as an alternative to smoking...that is the whole point anyway isn't it ??

Some people need more than just vaping can give them to succeed, this is it.
    Same with the WTAs...anything to help.

If you don't like this forum being on ECF...you can take it up with SmokeyJoe...but it's here...don't disrupt it please.

Fair enough. The points I raise were answered earlier. The "little boy" comment was simply answered in kind. Nothing further to add on this topic.

ridethespiral

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 7, 2013
    Edmonton AB, Canada
    It would depent on the laws there. The reason it's so expensive un the US of PACT. They can't via the postal service and a signature is now required giving Brown all the business. The FDA looking out for their clients.

I know the USPS was cheap and customs nabbing the package and charging duty was extremely rare, but at least you still don't have to deal with customs. Because it is shipped UPS, all customs fees are covered in that cost (though customs never intercepted packages anyway). Compare that to Alberta, Canada where there is a charge of $0.30/gram of loose tobacco (applies to all snus). I still think you got it good ;) .. I would much rather pay $30 for shipping 15-20 cans of snus than pay the duty per gram of tobacco here. At 20g of tobacco a can, that's $120 in duty alone up here, minus taxes and fees. UGH lol! It seems that the USA is getting increasing tobacco taxes lately as well, though. Damn governments.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread