Recommendations? Need a good, fast, USA-based source for snus

Status
Not open for further replies.

xhepera

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Hi everyone. I'm a 2-week vaper who also wants to try snus to throw some variety into the mix.

I'm looking for a US-based shipper (mainly because I'm an impatient sort) that is reliable and fast on the shipping.

I believe that The Northerner, Getsnus and Buysnus all ship from US locations. Northerner seems to have a nice selection but I've read about people having shipping hassles/issues with them.

Do any of you who order online have a preference for one or more of these companies? If so, what drives your choice?

Thanks for any tips or insight!

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Hi everyone. I'm a 2-week vaper who also wants to try snus to throw some variety into the mix.

I'm looking for a US-based shipper (mainly because I'm an impatient sort) that is reliable and fast on the shipping.

I believe that The Northerner, Getsnus and Buysnus all ship from US locations. Northerner seems to have a nice selection but I've read about people having shipping hassles/issues with them.

Do any of you who order online have a preference for one or more of these companies? If so, what drives your choice?

Thanks for any tips or insight!

Greetings xhepera

Getsnus is the least expensive overall, product price as well as shipping. Two orders I've had with them took 3 days coast to coast. 5 cans is all you need to get the free mystery can, not 10. Drawbacks are limited selection and if your order is $20 or more they automatically ship UPS. Lot of complaints about UPS delivery time from getsnus.

Northerner has close to every snus made it seems. They do have a good sized selection in a US warehouse, majority comes from across the pond.

Those are the only 2 I've used so far, I'm a snubie myself. Snuson.com is a snusers forum where I found a lot of links to various snus vendors.

Several other snus users here with more experience under their lips, but getsnus, northerner and buysnus do have the best user ratings overall for price, selection and service.

Luck

xhepera

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Thanks very much for the responses! I ended up going with getsnus. I'm gettin (in addition the the mystery can<g>):

General Ekstra Sterk Portion
Black on Black Sampler (3 cans each of General Onyx and Grovsnus Black)
Roda Lacket White Portion
Lab Series 01 (Original) Portion

I did see some things on the Northerner site that I'd like to have, but I'll see how these go first. :)

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Thanks very much for the responses! I ended up going with getsnus. I'm gettin (in addition the the mystery can<g>):

General Ekstra Sterk Portion
Black on Black Sampler (3 cans each of General Onyx and Grovsnus Black)
Roda Lacket White Portion
Lab Series 01 (Original) Portion

I did see some things on the Northerner site that I'd like to have, but I'll see how these go first. :)

There ya go! Keep a full upper lip! :D

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
If you want fast go Northerner, but it's gonna cost ya. GetSnus is cheaper but slower, all depends on what your willing to pay.

Good morning Bardic. I only have 3 snus orders under my belt but it must be luck o' the draw w/ respect to shipping times.

First 2 orders from getsnus were both under $20, so came USPS. 3 days coast to coast to my door. Of course dredbull had a larger order from them so it went UPS. There's an epic thread around here somewhere regarding his order languishing in Hermiston for days...

With that, my recent order was from Northerner. Ordered on 10-27, shipped the next day, all from Sweden, got here last night. 8 days overseas.. not bad.

So my point here is..... erm, hell I lost the point. :oops:

getsnus, low cost product, USPS shipping for orders under $20, UPS ship over $20, limited selection
Northerner, slightly higher cost on both product and shipping but huge freaking selection.

Have you had any dealings w/ buysnus? They seem to be comparable to Northerner but I understand they warehouse entirely in the US?

G_Jones

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
Seattle
I ordered a boatload of snus from Getnsus and didn't realize they'd be shipping UPS. Took a long time but I was very happy when it did arrive and they sent me a free can of Oden's classic, which I haven't even got to yet as I had so many other flavors to try. I suppose I should have split my order in two, and got two free cans and regular USPS shipping and had them in half the time.

I am quite pleased with the snus overall (my previous experience was only with the sweet camel stuff), so I made a small order from Northerner during last week's free shipping sale to try out some brands not carried by Getsnus.

Next up, mini fridge. Guess I can store my e-juice in there as well.

My current faves are Skruf Stark both white and los.

Last edited:

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Good morning G

I put an order in with Northerner also, the free ship and all. That special sale also included a free can of the Nick and Johnny Black with each order. They had to split my order into 2 packages for whatever reason and there was a can of the N&J in each package. It gets better.

My first mystery can from getsnus was General Wintergreen. Turns out I like it a lot. Second mystery can, the wintergreen again. 2 free cans and it turns out to be an instant favorite snus. 2 free cans of N&J and you guessed it, I now have 2 solid keepers for flavor and nic delivery.

So nice when things work out so well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread