Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Good Morning ECF,

so last night i got my mini nova in the mail, it came with 3 atomizers and my evic reads them at 2.2, 3.0, and 4.0 ohms.

what is the difference between each? how does it effect the quality of the vape? which one is best?

thank youu and happy vaping :vapor:

svc.jpg

1299X805 bite me
See here for useful image

Depending on your battery voltage....What is best is what you like.

have fun
I

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Absolutely not.
Lets say you choose the 2.2Ω coil.
@3.7v you will produce about 6 watts of power. A nice place to start depending on juice.
If you bump to 4.1V, the same 2.2Ω coil will give closer to 8 watts. For many vapers, the "sweet spot" begins here up until about 10watts(~4.7V).
So if you have a light, fruity juice, you may get the best flavour @ 8 watts, or at 6 watts or maybe 12 watts, the point being that nothing is hard and fast.
The evic will let you roam around and find what works best for you, your juice and your palate.
I would start with the 2.2Ω coil and just play. Select a flavour you are familiar with make quick notes. In a few weeks, you will look back here and chuckle...

Have fun
I

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Good Morning ECF,

so last night i got my mini nova in the mail, it came with 3 atomizers and my evic reads them at 2.2, 3.0, and 4.0 ohms.

what is the difference between each? how does it effect the quality of the vape? which one is best?

thank youu and happy vaping :vapor:

The Vivi heads are supposed to measure out @ 1.8, 2.4 and 2.8 ohms. The readings from the Evic may not be right esp the 4.0 ohms. If you have access to a multi tester I'd use that to double check the ohms. I can understand slightly higher ohms but the 4.0 ohms can't be right IMO.

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
There is no definitive answer.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-been-vaping-what-your-preferred-wattage.html

Very basic electric theory alone says that if the watts are the same, the vape should be the same. In practise that doesn't seem to be true.

It might be to do with wire temp.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-not-matter-its-all-about-wire-temp-read.html

Balancing that is that low resistance needs more current for the same watts and will reduce battery life, and after a certain point will be harder and riskier to set up.

presidentk1

May 27, 2013
USA
The Vivi heads are supposed to measure out @ 1.8, 2.4 and 2.8 ohms. The readings from the Evic may not be right esp the 4.0 ohms. If you have access to a multi tester I'd use that to double check the ohms. I can understand slightly higher ohms but the 4.0 ohms can't be right IMO.

ya i started to question this too
especially after i noticed the engraving on the side of each with the ohms

...so what does that mean? i just got the evic today
return it?

i'm still waiting on my ejuice shipment so when i attached the vivi to the evic they were completely dry
does this have any effect?

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
ya i started to question this too
especially after i noticed the engraving on the side of each with the ohms

...so what does that mean? i just got the evic today
return it?

i'm still waiting on my ejuice shipment so when i attached the vivi to the evic they were completely dry

If you have access to a multi tester I'd use that to test the ohms of the heads. I don't own and have never used the Evic but had read sometimes high ohms readings can be from a faulty head. Problem is that if it's misreading the ohms the Evic may not be firing at the right voltage IMO.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
No it shouldn't and occasionally along with washing the head you'll need to "dry burn" it to remove juice gunk from the coil. The wick is silica and it's impossible to burn in a PV.

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown

I agree, I've never seen them come with 4.0 ohm heads either..

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
Possibly u can have knockoff novas, so their not reading correctly. I'd go to radio shack or somewhere similar and buy a cheap multimeter. I stil own and use a 30 year old analog reader, works great.

Also is your firmware up to date?

U also really need juice to see how the evic is firing, for performance test.

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana

I wondered about the ohms also, don't know about knockoffs, but the Vision comes with the ohms you stated. Plus or minus about .2 ohms is normal, but 1.2 ohms would make me wonder like it did you.

presidentk1

May 27, 2013
USA
i bought the vivi from MVS, read around this forum that they were reputable
i also bought the evic from them, and after scratching the serial number on the box and entering it into the joyetech website it came back as genuine

the 1.8 is reading as 2.4 consistently

if i get my hands on a multimeter how do i use it lol?

what do i connect it to on the vivi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread