3-Stage Variable eGo with LED screen & Super kits Exclusive to GV 3 Stage Variable EGO(2 batts),Cone,5 TC Clearomizers IN STOCK NOW!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
oh i got confused by the camera thing. lolol

yeah as i mentioned we shot off to them some things you all mentioned, even the circuitry has been tightened up according to them, the led is now a tad smaller and so is the cut out, the button is a tad stiffer, the battery led is reversed so the drain shows opposite as before, the led doesnt blink as it drains, the led now moves as it charges and its a tad smaller then the version before it and over all its shorter by a smidgen, this was done weeks ago and everyone who purhsed then form our last shipment is recieving these.

they also said they adjusted the way it steps in votlage.

Last edited:

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
not at all, we heard you all mentioned needed improving and had them added, improving things is what we are about.

That's fine, and you should continue to do it.
The "early adopters curse" is on my side. A week latter and would have gotten an improved one. But that's just the stuff that happens when you get the very first versions.
(Not that I don't like it it is, anyway, and I'm glad I got it ;))

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
But sure to adjust the central pole. It's usually too low to make contact with certain accessories.

I had tried lifting the center post on the carto but not the battery. As soon as I did that it worked. The battery post was easy to lift a hair. What a great combination!!! Thanks :)

JW50

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
USA Kentucky
What kind of battery life should you expect when vaping moderately at the highest voltage?

I would say your question is next to impossible to answer. The main difficulty is what does "moderate" mean. But I will hazard something of an estimate that may give an idea. If you look at post #251 you will find some measurements that have been made relative to voltages at cut-off of the battery at end of a re-charge cycle. What you find there is a cut-off voltage for blue (blue is "high") of 3.49. You will also see a cut-off voltage of 3.05 for a Riva that is rated at 750mAh. Not shown is an ordinary Joye eGo. It's cut-off is about 3.23 and it is rated at 650 mAh. Then if you look at pmos69's post number 241 you will see what happens on the mAh at differing cut-offs. In the likely range of cut-offs considered here, the mAh is mostly linear. Now a Riva at 750 mAh cuts-off at 3.05 and a ordinary eGo cuts-off at 3.23. That is a 0.18 difference of voltage and it "costs" 100 mAh. Now at blue, cut-off is ~3.49. That is a difference of 0.26 from the 3.23 number. 0.26 is 144% of 0.18. So, approximately, 144 more mAh will be lost at the higher cut-off. 650 less 144 is approximately 500 mAh. So at blue it is reasonable to expect 500 mAh. 500 mAh as compared to ordinary eGo's 650 is about 77%. That is, at high or blue 23% less mAh as compared to that ordinary eGo. So, roughly, you can expect about 25% less time than you obtain on an ordinary eGo. And the same would apply to a "heavy" vaper as well. 25% + or - some, as obtained on an ordinary eGo. But, if compared to an e-power or a Riva that are roughly 750 mAh, 500 woud be a reduction of 33%. Both the 33% reduction the 25% number presuming that you ordinarily used your eGo or your Riva or your e-power to its cut-off point. If you ordinarily recharge before cut-off, reductions will be less presuming you use the VV eGo to cut-off.

JW50

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
USA Kentucky
I had some second thoughts concerning post #288. My conclusion there was that the highest voltage on the VV eGo might reduce your vape time compared to an ordinary eGo by 25% or so. But not so sure now as might it depend on other factors. The 25% reduction estimated assumes a reduction in mAh AND that you will use those mAh's, timewise, proportional to before. But you may not. Assume that blue represents an average voltage of 3.69. Assume that an eGo is at 3.23. If you take a 5 second hit from a VV eGo at blue (and let's assume a 3 ohm atty) that hit costs 1.708 mAh (i.e. 3.69/3*1000/60*5/60). Take that same 5 second hit on an ordinary eGo - 1.495 mAh (i.e. 3.23/3*1000/60*5/60). So, with the 500 mAh that you have with the VV eGo at high, you can get 293 hits (i.e. 500/1.708). But on the ordinary eGo you can get 435 hits (i.e. 650/1.495). Measured on a hit basis, you now get 67% of the hits on the VV at high as compared the ordinary eGo. So - I now say the reduction is ~33% as compared to the eGo. This assumes you will seek the same number of hits. On the other hand, you may say - boy that last hit was so good I think I'll wait 12 seconds before another instead of 10 seconds as I normally do with an ordinary eGo. Hence - the difficulty with giving a precise answer to your question. But I would hazard to estimate the reduction is from none at all to 50% less - and probably some where between these extremes.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
Is this what br would class as Jibber Jabber

Too many words so close together makes my head hurt. Nothing negative intended. :blink:

I would say your question is next to impossible to answer. The main difficulty is what does "moderate" mean. But I will hazard something of an estimate that may give an idea. If you look at post #251 you will find some measurements that have been made relative to voltages at cut-off of the battery at end of a re-charge cycle. What you find there is a cut-off voltage for blue (blue is "high") of 3.49. You will also see a cut-off voltage of 3.05 for a Riva that is rated at 750mAh. Not shown is an ordinary Joye eGo. It's cut-off is about 3.23 and it is rated at 650 mAh. Then if you look at pmos69's post number 241 you will see what happens on the mAh at differing cut-offs. In the likely range of cut-offs considered here, the mAh is mostly linear. Now a Riva at 750 mAh cuts-off at 3.05 and a ordinary eGo cuts-off at 3.23. That is a 0.18 difference of voltage and it "costs" 100 mAh. Now at blue, cut-off is ~3.49. That is a difference of 0.26 from the 3.23 number. 0.26 is 144% of 0.18. So, approximately, 144 more mAh will be lost at the higher cut-off. 650 less 144 is approximately 500 mAh. So at blue it is reasonable to expect 500 mAh. 500 mAh as compared to ordinary eGo's 650 is about 77%. That is, at high or blue 23% less mAh as compared to that ordinary eGo. So, roughly, you can expect about 25% less time than you obtain on an ordinary eGo. And the same would apply to a "heavy" vaper as well. 25% + or - some, as obtained on an ordinary eGo. But, if compared to an e-power or a Riva that are roughly 750 mAh, 500 woud be a reduction of 33%. Both the 33% reduction the 25% number presuming that you ordinarily used your eGo or your Riva or your e-power to its cut-off point. If you ordinarily recharge before cut-off, reductions will be less presuming you use the VV eGo to cut-off.

I had some second thoughts concerning post #288. My conclusion there was that the highest voltage on the VV eGo might reduce your vape time compared to an ordinary eGo by 25% or so. But not so sure now as might it depend on other factors. The 25% reduction estimated assumes a reduction in mAh AND that you will use those mAh's, timewise, proportional to before. But you may not. Assume that blue represents an average voltage of 3.69. Assume that an eGo is at 3.23. If you take a 5 second hit from a VV eGo at blue (and let's assume a 3 ohm atty) that hit costs 1.708 mAh (i.e. 3.69/3*1000/60*5/60). Take that same 5 second hit on an ordinary eGo - 1.495 mAh (i.e. 3.23/3*1000/60*5/60). So, with the 500 mAh that you have with the VV eGo at high, you can get 293 hits (i.e. 500/1.708). But on the ordinary eGo you can get 435 hits (i.e. 650/1.495). Measured on a hit basis, you now get 67% of the hits on the VV at high as compared the ordinary eGo. So - I now say the reduction is ~33% as compared to the eGo. This assumes you will seek the same number of hits. On the other hand, you may say - boy that last hit was so good I think I'll wait 12 seconds before another instead of 10 seconds as I normally do with an ordinary eGo. Hence - the difficulty with giving a precise answer to your question. But I would hazard to estimate the reduction is from none at all to 50% less - and probably some where between these extremes.

strprswpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2011
Bronx, NY
www.nymcdesign.com

Those are both wonderful explanations that unfortunately I do not understand.....Great job though. I guess what I really want to know is can I vape this thing at the highest voltage on a 2.0 Boge for a few hours? Also, if I read this correctly....as you use this you will get a drop in voltage?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Is this what br would class as Jibber Jabber

Too many words so close together makes my head hurt. Nothing negative intended. :blink:

It does seem that using Paragraphs has become a lost art. ;)

mod: paragraphs are very much underrated...

Last edited by a moderator:

JW50

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
USA Kentucky
... Also, if I read this correctly....as you use this you will get a drop in voltage?

That is what the results shown at post #220 indicate. A 2.0 Boge at the higher voltage though sounds hot. Below from post #220.
Atty resistance: 3 Ohms

Vu - Voltage unloaded
VL - Voltage under load

Fully charged - 5 led bars:
Vu: red: 3.03-3.3V; purple: 3.70-3.8V ; blue: 4.2V
VL: red: 2.80-3.1V; purple: 3.46-3.6V ; blue: 3.9V

With 3 charge led bars (while working):
Vu - red: 2.82-3.11V; purple: 3.47-3.60V ; blue: 3.90V
VL - red: 2.65-2.92V; purple: 3.26-3.39V ; blue: 3.68V

Going to 2 charge led bars (while working) - end of charge:
Vu: red: 2.68-2.95V ; purple: 3.28-3.41V ; blue: 3.69V
VL: red: 2.52-2.76V ; purple: 3.10-3.21V ; blue: 3.49V

Last edited:

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
Wow. ~12 watts at the 4.2v. But your right - it's what ever is to one's preference. But 12 watts to me is something like eating burnt steak.

Although I know people that like it, as I said, I prefer the ~9Watts at 3.7V.
At 3.2V it's too low and at 4.2V too harsh (for me).
That's the beauty of this device and why one starts to appreciate it from the start - a simple device with versatility, without entering the continuous vv leage (and prices + compromises).
The 3 pre-programed levels work very well in most circumstances.

4.2V with a 1.8 Ohm Cisco is also very good, but 1.5Ohm/3,7V is definitively closer to my sweet spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread