306 compatability New Find SideSho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Strange, somehow I got the impression that the SideSho was a customized 401 but once I received it I realized this is not the case at all as the threads are reversed and have a uniquely recessed contact on the atomizer. That part I find strange almost as if it is trying to reduce possible compatibilities.

Despite this I have found several interesting possible combinations. The best one is the 306 atomizer which has been known to be compatible with the 510. It is slimmer than a 510 and barely noticeably wider than the 401. This fits onto the SideSho batteries almost perfectly, screwing down and leaving just a hairs breadth of gap between the battery and atomizer. This vapes well and actually reduces the overall cig size by nearly a centimeter.

I think the 306 even tastes better on the SideSho battery probably due to a slightly reduced voltage (more taste slightly less vapor but not tested) than on a standard 510 battery. On the reverse side, a SideSho atomizer will work with one of the steel connectors that go from a 901/KR8 battery to a 510 atomizer. This combination though seems more likely to produce a slightly more 'burnt' flavor as again I believe it is running slightly higher voltage. And last bit, in a last ditch fallback the SideSho batteries will work with a 510 atomizer but do look a bit... oversized on the atomizer.

Overall I am pleasantly surprised by the SideSho and only wish that extra lip on the connector of the atomizer was not present to improve general compatibility.

Mammal

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Connecticut, USA
Hmm, very interesting to know! One thing missing here is a J108/Sidesho/Volcano forum - though I guess the Blu/L88B forum sort-of applies if I'm correct in understanding those are thread-compatible to most extents.

Does this mean the Sidesho and 306 are both 510-compatible?

For that matter, does this suggest the 'backwards' high-numbered Smoores are maybe 510-compatible? (Though after having the paint scrape off my first m40x atomizer after a few cleanings, I can see why they'd go to the 'backwards' arrangement with the smaller trim ring even if it's still a unique connector. If they'd just offer unpainted atomizers as a color, the dull brass under the paint is kind of nice...)

I assume you're saying the 510 atomizer is what looks 'oversized' with a what-I'd-figure-would-be narrower Sidesho battery hanging off it? Or is my understanding wrong there?

I'd also be interested to hear subjective impressions of the Sidesho atomizer compared to the 306 (which I guess I missed the boat on, as they seem rare now?), 40x, and whatever else you might contrast it to.

[As far as 510 compatibility - I'm going to have a pile of the passive(?) USB chargers from checking out the 'Q' disposables, and having too many chargers certainly seems like a good thing, so I'm keeping an eye out for what else those might be used with safely.]

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Does this mean the Sidesho and 306 are both 510-compatible?

So the 306 atomizer works fine on a 510 battery and a SideSho battery but the SideSho Atomizer has a lip on the bottom which makes it unable to hit the connections properly on other batteries.

I can see why they'd go to the 'backwards' arrangement with the smaller trim ring even if it's still a unique connector

Funny that one, the 306 has no trim ring yet the SideSho has the exact same kind of ring as the m40x series despite not seeming to need it. This means using the 306 on the SideSho makes it a few mm shorter overall

does this suggest the 'backwards' high-numbered Smoores are maybe 510-compatible

not sure which ones you mean but i have heard that the 702 maybe is an inverted 401 but not seen it myself. If it is there is a chance of compatibility with the 510.

If they'd just offer unpainted atomizers as a color, the dull brass under the paint is kind of nice...)

I agree... I have been scraping off the paint/powder coat/plastic depending on model on my 510 series since I got them and like the non chrome silver color they are underneath. Helps distinguish batteries/atomizers when you have too many black ones. heh

I assume you're saying the 510 atomizer is what looks 'oversized'

yeah the 510 is noticeably wider
I'd also be interested to hear subjective impressions of the Sidesho atomizer compared to the 306

The SS is really close to a 401 in vapor and flavor. Both are better than a 510 flavor wise but the SS produces noticably less vapor. The 306 is really close to the 510 in vapor but tastes clearly better in my opinion. I hate to be ranking the 510 so low but i have just been blown away lately on how much more flavor I am catching on other atomizers. The 510 doesn't taste bad, just does not have as much flavor.

I'm going to have a pile of the passive(?) USB chargers

I hear you I have a bunch of those too.... one of which I have left attached to my last original Joye 510 manual battery which it set off like a torch!!! Yeah live an learn... they don't charge other batteries the same. And the new Q series with the blue lights has a super sensitive microphone switch which was not the case with the red ones. I also have noticed fewer of my other atomizers will consistently activate the blue ones. the 306 and the SLB 510's work fine with the red light batteries but the blue ones are very hard to activate with either of those. It just flickers on and off unless you suck your skull off. Works fine with the Q atomizer though as it only has one hole on the atomizer so more air comes from the center hole.

I am not sure if the 306 ever was really popular It is rare to find them but I hope to get a few more around since they really do seems to add a bit of flavor without losing the vapor of the 510.

BTW all these results are based on dripping and or dipping as I do not often use carts. That's why I also have cartomizers, if i really want something w/o hassle of refills for a while.

Last edited:

keveck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
aaa
why is there no sidesho forum? i wanted to start a new thread....but no option
I'm thinking about buying a sidesho...I want more flavor...if I use juice with a little more vg that should help the vapor production correct?

The sidesho is sold by modernvapor, which has a subforum here.

More VG=more vapor, but less TH.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
why is there no sidesho forum? i wanted to start a new thread....but no option
I'm thinking about buying a sidesho...I want more flavor...if I use juice with a little more vg that should help the vapor production correct?

I keep a bottle of VG nearby when using my blu. I'll drop in one drop occasionally. (probably on a 4/1 ratio) It helps increase the vapor in the standard carts.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Arvidx you mentioned the 306 has great flavor over the 510. i do aqree. This 306 really is one hell of a powerfull atty with loads vapoor and Throat hit.
Where do you guys get your 3065 from? o get mine from Rocky mt vapor.
does anyone know of any Low Resistance 306 attys around or they dont make them?
Happy Vaping

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
I believe nhaler has low resistance 306 atties and he now has 306 drip tips. I'm becoming interested in the 306 as well.

Morn Sojourner have you ever tried the 306 attys either Low resistance or regular? and Yes Nhaler has them. Thats where i get my 306 LR from and everything else. i got drip tips for it as well. man yesterday i had the 306LR on all day. i usually dont keep it on all day as i trade off with other things during the day but yesterday i guess i was lazy. also cause i was just enjoying the setup i had and that was the 306 LR atty on my mini Xhaler. golden man pure golden. If you never tried it just get 1 atty from nhaler. Just make sure you get an adapter for a 510 thread as the 306 is same as 510 thread. Happy vaping

Sojourner

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Elmira Heights, NY
Morn Cos. Back at Ya. Well I want to try a 306. All my connections are 510. I just don't know which I'd like better: regular 306 or LR 306. I mainly use an eGo / Riva or the new Hello 016 with either a regular 510 or LR 510. I don't know the ohms of a regular 306. I usually only vape tobacco flavors. My fav's are nhaler's octane Plain Tobacco and Cigarillo; and Vapor Stations Tampa and Frisco, and of course Halo Freedom. I just want to taste the flavors to their fullest while maintaining great vapor and throat hit. I became curious after just watching Smokie's vid using the 306 atty and dripping with an eGo. What's the difference between the regular 306 and the LR 306?

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
i don't get it, what is a low res 306 good for ? mine are already at 2.0 Ohms (Janty Minifogger) , and i would not like them anything more harsh than now with 3.7V.

Is that was a janty mini fogger is a 306 atty? same thing? i didnt know that. Im going to test mine with a multimeter right now so i can answer you as i have LR 306 attys and regular 306 attys?
BRB

OK my LR 306 are 1.5 and my regular 306 attys are 1.8 didnt think it was that close. No wonder my reg 306 attys work great. anyway so yours are 2.0 and they are harsh? mine are the smoothest attys i ever used both on a regular e-battery (KR808) and a MOD. and also i use only the 3.7v for the 306LR atty as tahst what your suppossed to use it as and i use my regular 306 atty on both 3.7v and also 6 volt and both settings are very very smooth. I aint bs ing ya. i am comparing these to 510 KR808 801 whatever my 306 atty both reg and LR is the smoothest vape i ever took.
Where do you get your Janty Minifogger from? if you dont mind me asking.
i get my regular 306 attys at Rocky Mt vapor and i get the 306 LR at Nhaler. Nhaler doesnt carry regular 306 attys.
Happy Vaping

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Morn Cos. Back at Ya. Well I want to try a 306. All my connections are 510. I just don't know which I'd like better: regular 306 or LR 306. I mainly use an eGo / Riva or the new Hello 016 with either a regular 510 or LR 510. I don't know the ohms of a regular 306. I usually only vape tobacco flavors. My fav's are nhaler's octane Plain Tobacco and Cigarillo; and Vapor Stations Tampa and Frisco, and of course Halo Freedom. I just want to taste the flavors to their fullest while maintaining great vapor and throat hit. I became curious after just watching Smokie's vid using the 306 atty and dripping with an eGo. What's the difference between the regular 306 and the LR 306?
if you mean whats the diff in ohms i just measured them and hardly anything. here it is

LR 306 are 1.5 and my regular 306 attys are 1.8

yeh the 510 is great but i myself prefer he 306 now but still use 510 but only 510 LR from Nhaler only. tried other places for LR but Drew has the best imo. and made better. again thats my opinion.
so next time you placing an order just order 1 LR 306 atty from Nhaler. you already have the 510 stuff so it will screw right on the 510 battery. but i dont know about 510 batterys as i heard the mah level is low but thast what i heard so iu dont know. i use mine on a KR808 D battery which is 280 mah but most times i use the 306 LR on my mods at 3.7v and also at 6 volts.
Hope taht helps.

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
the Minifogger is from Janty, what else :D . minifogger = 306. i thought that was well known. its not similar, it is the 306. i just don't know what was first, the minifogger or the 306 OEM. ;)

about "harshness": oh its ok just like it is now. maybe our meters a bit of, and they are just the same ohms.
imo the 306/minifogger is the vaping beast of the superminis. i ordered the atomizers because i thought it would be nice for testing different liquids in short time. and thats only one thing i like about it.

Last edited:

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Thanks Cos. I'm going to order 2 regular 306 atties at RMV (2 because of the free shipping) and I'll try an LR 306 from nhaler. I want to order the 306 drip trip from Drew, plus I have to get some more octane Cigarillo and more octane Cappuccino (very good stuff BTW).

Sojourner and Kelemvor.
I made a mistake. i just noticed on my multimeter i had it set on wrong number so the real ohm readings and truest are
Regular 306 atty 2.1 ohms of res bought from Rocky Mt Vapor
Low Res 306 atty 1.6 ohms of res bought from Nhaler very high quality

sorry that my first post was wrong. dam i just noticed my meter was on the wrong thing. need more coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread