RDA 454 atty. amazing RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

FictitiousFreedom

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2014
WV
I just ordered one from 101 vape. I wanted to order from potv but my balance was off by 5 cents :( I hope I made the right choice, because I don't get new toys very often. I bought a changeling a few months ago and that was rough, so I can't really gamble but I said f it. I know the tobh is a great atty, I bought a clone to test it and the design is genius but I do a lot of centerpost builds and it would hurt me to take a grinder to an authentic. My next buy will be a plume veil, well that's if something better doesn't come out. It's great to see so many rdas coming out with good designs at a reasonable price. It seems a lot of them are taking pages from the tobh, heat sink fins, domed removable top cap, copper 510, deep wells. I hope more take the afc idea from the plume. We will be seeing some awesome rdas and even rtas coming soon, can't wait for an rta that performs like an rda at low ohms, I've heard the orchid is close.
I just hope I love the 454 as much as you guys. I almost exclusively vape at around .2 with cotton iteo wicks, I've never attempted quads but this is the rda for it. I just hope i can find a way for tri coils, I really think they are the future of subohm.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
I just ordered one from 101 vape. I wanted to order from potv but my balance was off by 5 cents :( I hope I made the right choice, because I don't get new toys very often. I bought a changeling a few months ago and that was rough, so I can't really gamble but I said f it. I know the tobh is a great atty, I bought a clone to test it and the design is genius but I do a lot of centerpost builds and it would hurt me to take a grinder to an authentic. My next buy will be a plume veil, well that's if something better doesn't come out. It's great to see so many rdas coming out with good designs at a reasonable price. It seems a lot of them are taking pages from the tobh, heat sink fins, domed removable top cap, copper 510, deep wells. I hope more take the afc idea from the plume. We will be seeing some awesome rdas and even rtas coming soon, can't wait for an rta that performs like an rda at low ohms, I've heard the orchid is close.
I just hope I love the 454 as much as you guys. I almost exclusively vape at around .2 with cotton iteo wicks, I've never attempted quads but this is the rda for it. I just hope i can find a way for tri coils, I really think they are the future of subohm.

you'll like it! there are no clones of the 454 so you will be getting an original from Kryptonite vapes.

Mine is nicer than any other atty I own. RTA or RBA!

Re: tri coils

Only way I see to do tri coils and get good airflow, would be to set the AFC for quads and block one of the intakes with a small silicone plug.

Tape would work too but would be lame.

I'm sure HD has some kind of little plugs that would work. If not you may want to just get a tube of silicone and just put a dap in one of the holes, let it dry overnight and try it that way. After it's dry you should be able to pop it out any time for different builds.

Heck, even a tiny cut piece of lower gauge insulated wire would probably fit in there and plug a hole up.

Just a thought!

Last edited:

RSZ1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Canada
So after some closer inspection;

IMG_20140718_170928_hdr.jpg

There is some spit back into the drip tip with the hole extending into the bottom of the drip tip. Am I being unreasonable in requesting another drip tip?

FictitiousFreedom

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2014
WV
I got mine today and I'm already in love. It's the best rda I've used. I'm not gonna get into why I like it so much because it'll take too long. As for the dt. It's the only thing I don't like. I get spit back as well and the draw is too tight for me but with my wide bore I don't get much spit back at all if any, even drawing super hard. Thanks for the info guys I made the right choice for sure, this is a game changer.

_sidekick_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
So after some closer inspection;

View attachment 357388

There is some spit back into the drip tip with the hole extending into the bottom of the drip tip. Am I being unreasonable in requesting another drip tip?
That hole is probably not causing the spit back. Even though you don't get spit back directly off the coil, the vapor still condenses in the bottom of the drip tip after a while and you'll suck in small drops of juice while vaping. I actually stopped using the drip tip it came with and used my modish metal works drip tip. I get no spit back with a dual vertical coil build.

For anyone on the fence about this atomizer, just buy it. I have not used another atomizer since I bought this a little over a month ago. I recommend it to everyone. Maybe it just happens to fit my style of vaping, but IMO it is perfect. It is a little tougher to get a perfect build on, but you'll get the hang of it after a couple attempts.

RSZ1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Canada
That hole is probably not causing the spit back. Even though you don't get spit back directly off the coil, the vapor still condenses in the bottom of the drip tip after a while and you'll suck in small drops of juice while vaping. I actually stopped using the drip tip it came with and used my modish metal works drip tip. I get no spit back with a dual vertical coil build.

For anyone on the fence about this atomizer, just buy it. I have not used another atomizer since I bought this a little over a month ago. I recommend it to everyone. Maybe it just happens to fit my style of vaping, but IMO it is perfect. It is a little tougher to get a perfect build on, but you'll get the hang of it after a couple attempts.

I've been using another drip tip as well. I'm just a little annoyed that 101vape told me to go pound sand about a new drip tip.

FictitiousFreedom

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2014
WV
I think I love it so much because it just fits my preferences, its a great rda. Is kinda hard to build sometimes but worth it. I have built soo many builds so far, 26g is as high as I can go with horizontal quad coils, now if I were to build at around .09 I could get a 24g horizonal quads but no thanks, in rips newest vid he builds a .09 on a vtc5 and I find that a bit reckless but to each his own. I also built some dual parallels with 26 and 24g. Vert coils probably work the best 24g quad verts at .2 take a lil too long to heat up but 26 is perfect. I also did a wierd 26g quad using one of deedupdexs old coils, its the one where there is a space in the middle of the coil, it had the best flavor.

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
I'm really tempted to get this. Anyone here have an origen to compare? Just wondering if it's on par or better in the flavor department. Thanks.

only have an origen v2 clone to compare it to and the flavor to me is the same, just waaay more air & vapor from the 454 and actually easier to build (believe it or not). I am not too keen on rdas without post holes!

player one

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
cali
only have an origen v2 clone to compare it to and the flavor to me is the same, just waaay more air & vapor from the 454 and actually easier to build (believe it or not). I am not too keen on rdas without post holes!

Thanks man! I love my origen V2 but I wish it was a little easier to build so this sounds like a winner to me. Last question, which holds more juice?

FictitiousFreedom

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2014
WV
The 454 holds a lot though, depending on how you wick but I was using an atomic before and it doesn't hold any, what you do drip leaks outta the holes lol a deep juice well is a must now along with a heatsink, copper connection, large post holes, adjustable afc, and the newest which the 454 has is someway to keep the heat away from the mod, like the recessed base, or the vulcans bottom heatsink. I have to give the tobh credit it really changed the game, genius designs that have become expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread