510 battery -is charged but won't give vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moss

Dec 27, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Happy new Year! Hope to get some info on these batts that drive me nuts sometimes - this new batt is charged - green light on usb charger says so - but when I screw on carto it will not give me vape -
Have just ordered two new batts and one is working ok this one worked for first week then now is being a problem - anyone have this with an auto 510 batt?
thank you

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Hi and Welcome!

My first thought is maybe clean the connection on the battery with a cotton swab and a teeny bit of alcohol. Maybe it just isnt making a good connection? Second thought is is it a faulty carto? Have you tried either that carto on the working battery or another carto on the non working battery?

Hope this helps!

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
when a battery is charged and it wont vape, normally 2 things can be wrong.
1. Coil is bad, open circuit ( burned out like a lite bulb)
2. the center pin on the battery is pushed down too far due to overtightening the tank to the battery

Solution:
1. try another coil setup see if it works
2. if 1. doesnt work then #2 is the issue, gently VERY gently lift the center pin upwards a tad with tweezers etc, retry new coil ( if you have one)
and finally if neither of these work, use your backup ;)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Are these pre-filled cartos? Sometimes the juice in these have dried up; no telling how long they have been sitting on a shelf waiting to be sold.

Make certain there is no liquid on the battery connector. Always clean this area with a Qtip or tissue to keep it clean and dry.

As pointed out above, if the charger is saying the battery is charged but you are getting no vapor from the carto, there may not be an electrical connection between the battery and carto. The center pin on the battery may have gotten pushed too deeply into battery from over-tightening a carto. Use some tweezers or gently pry the pin with a small screwdriver to lengthen the center pin.

The same thing can happen to the center pin of a carto. Same type of fix as above.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
This has been an issue for years. If you tighten the carto or atomizer a little too tight over and over the center pin gets slowly pushed up into the threaded connector and then doesn't contact the center connector on the ecig. The atty center pin is suspended in a silicone sleeve. You can make a simple tool to pull it back out slightly and make it work again.

Bend one leg of a paper clip out straight and use needle nose pliers to create the smallest right angle bend you can on the end. You just want to make a tiny bend that allows you to stick the wire up into the center hole enough just enough to get it to catch so you can pull the center pin out just enough to make contact. Don't stick it too far in or you will contact the coil and damage it. Flush to just a little protrusion is good. Screw it back on and vape.

A cheap voltmeter is a good tool to have. Check the resistance on the lowest ohms setting. You should get a reading. If not, the coil has popped. Toss it and open another.

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Hey Moss

Whatcha got? Can you provide us any links?

In the mean time, if these are cigalike 510's what happens when you try to draw on them? Assuming they are like most cigalikes, does the LED on the tip (the "ash") light up? If it doesn't light at all that's a problem - the auto sensor isn't working.

If these are 510 cigalikes you have to be very careful regarding leaks or flooding. All it can take is a "once" with liquid getting into the battery through the vent hole on the post to kill the auto sensor. There's a couple things you can try to dry it out though.

Get back and chat some more. First thing we need to know is if the cigalike LED on the end is coming on or not.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
OP has an auto 510 - dont think he has a center pin?

(could be what I get for thinking! :) )

It does - with a nice big vent hole in the center of it. It's the hole that's the more common source of the problem with 510 autos - and liquid getting in there and... bad things happening. It's not usually a pushed in post. We do know it's making good contact with the charger. Need to know more about what the battery is and isn't doing when drawn on though.

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Compare the protrusion of the center pin of the charger to that of the center pin of the cartomizers. If the charger center pin protrudes more, it can drive the center pin of the battery down to where those of the cartomizers can't touch it. If this is the case, and you lift the center pin of the battery back up, when charging in the future only screw the battery onto the charger until it touches and only add about 1/8 or so of a turn to tighten it.

Moss

Dec 27, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Oh Hi - sorry I did reply earlier today and I don't see my reply in this thread...so will type again..
I have 510 auto batts
I get a green light when put in charger, and I have let them have a charge. They worked at first for 2 weeks, then after the next needed charge, each will not give me vape when |I put on the carto.
\Yes have tried different cartos to make sure...when I draw on it there is just nothing - as if I had a dead battery.

Funny thing is I still have one batt from a year ago - 510 auto - but think that was an old style. this one just wont' quit.
I treat them the same, so as far as flooding - I don't think I would have done that...or I would have flooded this older one as well.

Is't just nutty that after buying about 5 of these newer model batts they all , ALL end up behaving the same after about 2 weeks.
They work fine at first, then...nothing.

Today I tried to gently pull up the centre contact on the batt on each one - still no go....thinking my guy I buy online from just loooves me for buying all these batts....
new supplier maybe?
thanks for any advice...
Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread