510 cart questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

KreeL

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
West Texas
ok I want to fill my cart correctly!

I went to walmurt and the Polyfill they have say "Complies with CA fire code ya da ya da..." does this mean it is Non-Flamable ie has chemicals and shouldn't be used?

Kreel is writing long informative post (not easy / takes time) and is trying to be nice, so let here it for Kreel:thumbs:

Thank you for the kind words, Robert. Now sit through this class given by Terraphon:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1101245903323835137&hl=en

*Note, the EVO cart is smaller than the 510, but you will find the right amount with practice.

Last edited:

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
I am still using the original filler in all my carts. Some are 3 months old. I have tried other materials but have ended up just cleaning the original filler and re-using it. I just blot the filler to remove the old juice and clean it in a paper towel by rolling it briskly. It doesn't seem to get damaged at all and works as good as new after the cleaning.

Kevin

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
I learned the hard way that all of these things work best when I change the fluff every day. The person above is right when they said that if the fluff only takes 2-3 drops, it's time to change it cause it's not wicking properly. I usually put them in a syringe and squeeze it back into the new one-can't see wasting all that liquid.
I think my worst taste is from the little fibers getting burnt or too hot. So I try to fold up my fluff in a way that the woven part is on top, and not a cut edge.
If you want to talk leakage problems, try my 801. I have to use it with a paper towel wrapped around it. I'm ready to throw it out the window.
The only one I don't have any problems with is my Nicostick. Can't live without that one.

Nepenthy

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Cbus, Ohio
Sorry if this has been covered already, i didnt read through all 9 pages. I too have little chips missing on the edge of my carts, but that came from twisting the cart and not being aligned properly. I was tasting the plastic when the carts were dry on top and twisting the cart a 1/4 turn to hit polyfill that had juice in it. Ive since learned that I was vaping so hard and frequently that I wasnt giving the poly enough time to bring the juice upwards due to cappilary (sp?) action. This can also happen if the poly fill is packed too tight. If you pull out the filling and its white all around but yellowish in the middle, the polyfil is packed too tight and not letting air pass through to replace the used juice space. You can also get the burning taste if polyfil is stuck on the atomizer, which happens to me all the time. Ive since starting pulling the fill material up a bit and cutting it off, then pushing it down a bit. This keeps the poly from sticking to the atty and leaves a little air space at the bottom to keep the wicking action working. Just my two cents, hope it helps someone out there.

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
I learned the hard way that all of these things work best when I change the fluff every day. The person above is right when they said that if the fluff only takes 2-3 drops, it's time to change it cause it's not wicking properly.

I can't imaginechanging the filler everyday. The original filling is so easy to clean and reuse. Also if you were to apply the straw mod you will be able to consistantly add 8 to 10 drops of liquid (depending on how low you vape the cart) when refilling the cart. I stop drawing on a cart as soon as I detect a drop in vapor production, or if the atomizer starts getting real hot.

Kevin

unknwn

Jul 7, 2009
Before I found this 510 specific forum I was spending time reading in all the others and found a tip that I am going to implement.
The member suggested modding the atomizer with extra holes like some other models have. He said that drilling (2) more holes arranged perpendicular? to the existing (2) (for a total of (4)), allowed for a smoother draw (less effort) and had the added consequence of the atomizer being cooler to the touch.
From everthing I have read about these products, failure can be attributed to overheating. He also said that he has been using the same atomizer for over a month using (5) cartridges a day !
So if a little time spent on modification is going to lead to cooler operation and increased lifespan, I'm afraid that I am about to become come part of the hardcore modding crowd.

it took me a while, but here is the original post:
e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/
14562-ventilating-your-510-atomizer-cooling.html
The system is telling me that low count on my posts won't allow me to link "to other sites" (stupid), so the member's name is: Devonschmoker , and the title of his post is "ventilating your 510 atomizer for cooling"
Hope this helps

Robert

Moved On
Jun 18, 2009
San Diego, CA.
Thanks Kreel I'l watch the vid. in a second.

I've noticed some of my carts work great others don't, why

She has the answer here-

I think my worst taste is from the little fibers getting burnt or too hot. So I try to fold up my fluff in a way that the woven part is on top, and not a cut edge.

If I find some flamable (not treated) poly fill I will practice folding it correctly

For now I've ordered more from China

If I get one perfect cart and keep it topped off it last for days.

not topped off it makes that 1 little hair come out and it burns- and it's done.

What about the california fire compliance thing on my Cali Poly fill is that bad for me Kreel?

edlogic

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
jax fla usa
www.edlogic.com
been using my 510 for about a month and no troubles - a couple of days ago i decided to clean the atty because it was getting hard to draw from

i tried alcohol soak for hours then wash and rinse and dry for hours but after that the atty would not vape very well at all even though it was easy to puff again

so then i tried peroxide burn - put tape around the intake holes where the atty meets the battery

i only burned it with peroxide in it for about 20 seconds
then i washed and blew it out then i tried it

it is like new again

gpdo24

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
New York, New York
I know, I don't use it TOO heavily and I find I am topping this thing off constantly. I've never smelled burning plastic or tasted it, I don't think, but I'm really concerned that it's melting. WHY it would only melt in one or two places is also weird, not so sure about that.

But I've come to the conclusion, that, in my case, the burning taste is not burning plstic, it's burning whatever material I have in my cart as a filler, I guess, I'm not sure what else would produce this burning taste unless SOMETHING IS BURNING!!!!!!

Darn faulty technology. I love my yeti otherwise though. Of course, anything I end up enjoying thoroughly will eventually kill me.

Just today tried 910 flat tip carts on my 510 manual batts, snaps into place with some light effort and feeds atty very nicely with (so far) none of the burning poly i get with the 510 standard carts.
Alters the draw drastically and interestingly. Seems harder draw due to smaller whole in tip yielding somewhat less vapor and what i think 901 users refer to as the "901" flavor. The option makes the already trustee 510 an even more of flexible performer.
Worth a try...thx wizard:thumb:

Last edited:

serrada36

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2009
Ok, so...it appears that there are 2 different style carts for the 510. The one on the left does not leak...ever. The one on the right leaks constantly. Does anyone know who makes the one on the left? I want to stock up on these. I purchased 2 510 kits off of the classifieds here and don't have a distributor to ask.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1463.jpg
    IMG_1463.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 54

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Ok, so...it appears that there are 2 different style carts for the 510. The one on the left does not leak...ever. The one on the right leaks constantly. Does anyone know who makes the one on the left? I want to stock up on these. I purchased 2 510 kits off of the classifieds here and don't have a distributor to ask.

Thanks!
I have a 510 with the round tip cartridges, and mine has never leaked even once.
Hopefully those flat-tipped ones solve your problem though.

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana

I've never seem the cart on the right (center). I have the carts on the left and they do leak at times.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread